main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yesterday (Completed 8/5)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by KADI-WAN_KENOBI, Jun 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2000
    Chapter 18
    I slipped into a side alley as D'Gret stopped in front of a dark, unmarked door. He looked around him nervously, before quickly disappearing inside. I frowned, keeping my eye on the door. What was he doing? I had followed him around town for an hour already. It surprised me that he had come here. Why would one of the King's advisors sneak out of the palace and then take the long way this part of town? It wasn't exactly the safest place. Almost all of the buildings were covered in graffiti and I was sure several of the signs I saw had been marking the territories of different gangs. Master would have a fit if he found out I had come here alone. I'd end up meditating for a month. He was overly protective at times. Of course, I couldn't blame him. Still, it got annoying at times.

Sensing that noone was near, I hurried over to the door.

"Sith." I muttered, eyeing the keypad. I was hesitant to fiddle with it. Seeing that D'Gret was one of the King's advisors and was pretty catious about this place, it was no doubt rigged with alarms. Just then, I remembered something Cal had taught me. Closing my eyes, I lightly probed the keypad with the Force. Soon, I could picture the inside of the pad. Finding the wires Cal had pointed out, I twisted them. Opening my eyes, I grinned as the door slid open.

"Cool." I breathed. I'd have to tell Cal when we got back to the Temple. Or more specifically, the Infirmary. There was no doubt in my mind that the Kenobi Curse would show up at some point during the mission.

Suddenly, the Force yelled out a warning. Spinning around, I saw a dark cloaked figure standing there. Before I could do anything, I felt something hit me in the back of the head, knocking me out instantly.

My head hurt. Badly. With a groan, I unwillingly woke up. Slowly, I opened my eyes, and gasped. Everything was blurry. I couldn't make out any detail.

"Shhhhh. Don't move." A soft voice said, and I felt a gentle hand push me back down.

"My eyes!" I said, biting my lip. With a groan, I fell back. "My head."

"You have a concussion. Your eyesight will return soon." She said. I turned my head, squinting at the large blur beside me, trying to make out something. Finally I gave up.

"Who are you?"

"Winoa." She replied as she helped me sit up slowly. "Now, who are you?"

"Kadi-Wan Kenobi." I grinned sheepishly. "Um...here to rescue you."

"Well, it's nice to meet you Padawan Kenobi." Winoa smiled. (At least, it sounded like she was smiling.)

I sat there quietly as she wrapped a bandage around my head. Master was going to kill me. I hadn't even told him where I was going! I reached out across our bond, but it was mysteriously blocked. It felt like a strong, brick wall had been built between us. I could use the Force, but I couldn't contact him.

"I can't reach my master." I breathed in worry.

"That's the dark side at work." Winoa answered grimly. "Now, I want you to rest."

'The Kenobi Curse Strikes again.' I thought bitterly, leaning against the wall, then sighed. 'I hate being right.'

2. Aralna

Aralna Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2000
    I'd hate being right about that too.

Did she have a concussion, or did Winoa just think she did at first?

Nice posts, Kadi! :D

3. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    hehe..the Kenobi curse? And she was right too! Now, was it Obi who knocked her out?

4. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Dun dun dun... :eek: The suspense grows! UP! Great Post!

5. Broken-Sabre

Broken-Sabre Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2001
    Great post. Was it Obi-wan that knocked her out? I know it has already been asked but I really want to know. :) Hope Qui-gon finds them soon. :)

6. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    I edited the last post so it makes more sense. Sorry about that.

Chapter 19
    As he ran, Qui-Gon reached out across the bond. The Force was telling him to find his Padawan. And fast! He almost instantly encountered something blocking him. Qui-Gon tried to get past it with all his strength, but was pushed back with an amazing Force. The Dark Side.

He burst into their quarters. "Kadi?!" He called, hurrying into her room, then to his. Nothing. Without even bothering to lock the door behind him, Qui-Gon rushed out and began to head for where she had been interviewing the guests.

Qui-Gon didn't bother going in. Kadi was not there. A stack of datachips lay outside the door. She must have dropped them in a hurry. But why? Once again, he tried to locate her, but the dark barrier kept him from finding her.

King D'Edda looked up startled as Qui-Gon entered the Throne room.

"Master Jinn, is something wrong?" He asked in concern.

"I apologize for my rudeness, your majesty, but this is urgent. My Padawan has gone missing." Qui-Gon said.

"You're sure?"

"The Force tells me she is in danger."

King D'Edda stood up, activating his com-link. "Captain."

The head of security answered instantly. "Yes your majesty?"

"I want you to post men around the Palace. Make sure noone gets out." He ordered. "And have every in the Palace assemble in the Throne Room."

"Yes your majesty. It will be done."

King D'Edda turned to Qui-Gon. "Do not worry. We'll find her."

Qui-Gon bowed to him in thanks, then turned and headed back for their quarters. He was going to do some research of his own.

"Qui-Gon, what's happened?" Tahl asked in concern when she answered the com-unit. She was not able to see him, but knew him well enough to know when something was wrong.

"Kadi's disappeared." He said, trying to keep his voice calm. "Tahl, I need you to run checks on the people I'm sending you."

"You believe you of them is responsible?"

"Yes." Qui-Gon answered.

"I'll get on it immediately and check back with you as soon as possible."

"Thank you, my friend." He said, leaning back in his chair as the screen went black. Having Tahl work on it gave him some hope. She had never let him down before. He hoped she never would, especially now.

I looked up as the door swung open, wincing at the bright light. A dark figure walked in, his form sillouetted by the light. Shadowing my eyes with my hand, I squinted at him.

The figure slowly approached me, looking me up and down as if to study me. I could tell from the figures height that he/she was probably about my age. Just then, I felt something that made me gasp. The dark figure before me suddenly froze, taking a step back.

'No....It's not possible...' I struggled to my feet.

"Who....who are you?" I asked quietly. It couldn't be him!

Without warning, I fell to the ground, blood running down my chin from the gash on my lip. I looked over my shoulder just in time to see the door slam shut.

Almost in a daze, I reached up and gently touched my bloody lip, not able to believe it.

Obi-Wan was alive.

And he had just hit me.

7. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    :( Well, at least Kadi knows Obi's alive..... now you just have to let Qui find out.... that'll be soon right?? :confused:

8. Broken-Sabre

Broken-Sabre Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2001
    Great post. Hope Qui-gon finds them soon. What will happen now that Obi-wan is still alive? Can't wait to find out. :)

9. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    I knew it! Obi is alive!

That wasn't a very nice family reunion ;)

Great Post!

Up!

10. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Thanks guys. :)

Chapter 20

Winoa was by my side in an instant. She tore yet another piece off of her robe and gave it to me to stop the bleeding. I pressed it against my lip, still staring at the door. My mind could not grasp what had just happened.

"Do you know him, Kadi-Wan?" Winoa asked, having seen the recognition in my eyes.

Obi-Wan was alive. My twin brother was alive. He wasn't dead. He hadn't died in the explosion. He had been alive all this time.

What had happened? Why had he hit me? Why was he so startled when our bond suddenly appeared?

"Kadi-Wan?"

Our bond. I reached out, gently touching it, almost afraid that it would disappear again. I hadn't realised how empty my mind had been without it. Closing my eyes as I forced myself to use a calming breath technique, I reached across it, towards Obi-Wan. I frowned as I did so. It felt...different..from before. Almost dark, and there was a definite air of confusion throughout it.

What was happening?

//Obi-Wan?// I sent.

//Get out of my head, Jedi scum!// A harsh voice replied moments later, hatred flowing back to me.

//Obi-Wan, what's wrong?// I pleaded, frightened. Jedi scum?

//Shut up!!!!// Without another word, a wave of darkness slammed against me, pushing me back as he put up his shields, keeping me from reaching him.

My eyes flew open and I let out a small cry. My hands trembled and I started to gasp for air.

"Kadi-Wan?! Padawan Kenobi, listen to me!" Winoa said firmly, shaking me by the shoulders. I turn to look at her. "Calm down."

The way she said it reminded me of my Master, so I instantly obeyed. Slowly, I got my breathing under control. Winoa held me as I regained control of myself, soothingly rubbing my back. Finally, I pushed back, calm once again. On the outside at least.

"Now, what happened?" Winoa asked in worry.

"I...he didn't...." I drifted off, not knowing what to say. Then it hit me completely. "Obi-Wan's alive." I breathed.

"Ok, slow down. First of all, isn't Obi-Wan Qui-Gon's Padawan who died several months ago?" She asked, confused.

I nodded. "And my brother.....what's wrong with him? Why'd he hit me? Doesn't...is he..." I couldn't say it. I didn't want to believe that Obi-Wan had turned to the Dark Side. Could he have faked his own death? I couldn't believe it. I wouldn't believe it. Someone must have done this to him. My brother would never do something like that.

"Wait a minute. You're telling me that D'Neb is actually Obi-Wan? And your brother?"

"Yes." I whispered. "Do you think he..."

"No." Winoa said firmly. "I may not have known Obi-Wan, but I heard about him. It was said he would never turn to the Dark Side, he was too loyal to the Jedi. No, I don't believe it. Something's happened to him. And we'll find out what." She squeezed my hand. I smiled slightly, fighting the doubt I still held inside.

11. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    Yes, I knew it! Obi Wan! He is of the Darkside now :( Ahh crap- save them Qui Gon!

12. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
  13. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    AH!! No!! Obi, you're not evil!! And listen to your sister,she'll tell you the truth, not like a certain Sith we all know....

14. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Sorry this is late.

Chapter 21
    Qui-Gon paced across the room impatiently. Tahl hadn't called back yet and the guards hadn't assembled everyone in the Throne Room. Supposedly, some were putting up quite a fight, not wanting to leave whatever they were doing.

Suddenly, the Com-Unit beeped, startling him. He was instantly in front of it.

Tahl appeared on the screen. "I found something that might interest you. Do you know someone by the name D'Gret?"

"Yes." Qui-Gon said. "He is one of the King's advisors."

"It turns out that he was once a Jedi Initiate. Very intelligent for his age, but prone to anger."

"He was never chosen as a Padawan?"

"Yes. No Master chose him before his thirteenth birthday, so he was sent home to live with his parents, on D'Antex."

Qui-Gon frowned, thinking. "Could he be out for revenge against the Jedi?"

Tahl shrugged. "I talked to his old creche master. She said he hadn't seemed bitter at all when he left, he had been smiling actually. But she noted that it could have been an act. D'Gret was supposedly able to hide his real emotions well."

"You didn't find anything else?"

"No. Just your snobby, everyday aristocrats." She sighed. "Each out to get the other."

"Thank you, my friend." Qui-Gon sighed.

"Anytime Qui. May the Force Be With You." Tahl replied as the screen went black.

Qui-Gon sat back, sorting through this new piece of information, when his com-link beeped.

"Master Jinn, we're ready."

"I think my eyesight is returning." I said as I held a hand in front of my face. Winoa smiled half-heartedly at me as she began to meditate. I knew I should be doing the same thing. It would make the time go faster. And maybe I could help my eyes heal as well. I looked over at Winoa, who was already deep in meditation, trying to convince myself to get up and join her.

Easier said than done.

A few minutes later, I decided I'd meditate later. Give me something to look forward to.

'When you look forward to meditating, something must be wrong.' I thought, biting my lip and instantly regretting it. The gash had stopped bleeding, but it did hurt. Especially if you bit it.

Sighing, I leaned against the wall. I was so bored. My hand strayed to my braid. Looking down at it, I began to twirl it around my fingers.

The door slammed opened, making me jump about a foot in the air. Winoa was on her feet instantly and moved to stand in front of me. She didn't want another confrontation like before.

"Move." A harsh voice snapped.

"No." She said, blocking my view of whoever had come in. Suddenly, she was engulfed my stun beams, and collapsed to the ground.

"Winoa!" I exclaimed, as I moved to her side. Before I could reach her, though, two pairs of hands grabbed me roughly and began to drag me out. I struggled to get away, but was no match for them. Finally, I managed to place one kick, making one of the guys let go and double over in pain. The second guy was surprised that I was able to yank my arm out of his grasp and began to run down the corridor.

A few moments later I was engulfed by darkness as stun beams caught me in the back.

Qui-Gon entered the Throne Room. Several of the D'Ans glared at him as he looked around. Someone was missing.

"Where is D'Gret?"

15. Aralna

Aralna Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2000
    Search for him, find him, find Obi, and rescue them both. Not that it could be that easy...
    Great posts, Kadi! :D

16. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    Ok, Qui. Find him and you'll find Kadi and even someone you're not looking for! Course, the latter meeting is the one I'm looking forward too......

17. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    OMG!!!!

So exciting!

Get them Qui Gon!

18. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Chapter 22
    A quiet murmur ran through the room at Qui-Gon's question.

"Is something wrong Master Jinn?" King D'Edda asked as he walked into the Throne Room.

"Do you know where D'Gret is?" He asked, bowing the king.

"I thought he was here."

Qui-Gon turned to the crowd. "I am sorry for the inconvenience. You may go, unless you know of D'Gret's whereabouts."

King D'Edda looked at him in alarm. "Surely you're not suggesting that D'Gret is responsible. He has been my most trusted advisor for years."

Qui-Gon didn't answer at first. "I am."

"Well, where's your proof?" This was the first time Qui-Gon had ever seen the king angry.

"I have none, only a feeling."

The king did not look convinced. "Well until I see proof, D'Gret is innocent in my eyes." Without another word, he turned and left.

Slowly, I fought my way out of the darkness and opened my eyes. I really wished I hadn't. I found myself chained between two poles in the center of a dimly lit room. It was completely empty except for a table. I tried to see what was on it, but my eyesight still hadn't focused completely. What I could make out, though, made me shiver in fright.

I don't know how long I spent staring at the table before the door opened to admit to dark robed figures. They slowly walked around me, looking me up and down. Their hoods were up, covering the faces so I could not see who it was.

Finally, the stopped in front of me.

"Welcome, Kadi-Wan Kenobi." One of the figures said.

I looked at him in shock. I knew that voice!

"D'Gret!" I hissed, my eyes narrowing. "I can't say it's a pleasure."

D'Gret lowered his hood. "It's not meant to be."

We glared at each other for a moment.

"What do you want?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"Nothing. I'm doing this as a...favor for an old friend." He grinned evily as he walked over to the table and picked up something. Coming back over, he held it up so I could see it. My heart stopped. A whip, with barbed metal balls on the end. His grin widened at my fear and disappeared behind me. With some difficulty, I pushed the fear away.

The second figure walked closer to me, also lowering his hood.

"Obi-Wan!" I exclaimed.

He glared at me, then slowly, a grin formed on his face.

I stared at him in horror. How many times had I seen that same grin? But this time, it was evil. Pure evil. This creature could not possibly be my brother. The Force told me otherwise.

I opened my mouth to say more, but there was a sudden snap. I felt the flesh on my back tear as the whip was pulled back. I bit my tongue to keep from screaming.

*Snap!* I jerked as the barbs bit into my shoulders and neck. *Snap!* Tears came to my eyes as I tugged at my bonds. *Snap!* My breathing became labored. *Snap!* I let out a scream, no longer able to contain it. *Snap!* The pain...the pain was unlike anything I had felt before. My whole back felt like it was on fire. *Snap!* I was sobbing and screaming openly. Pain had clouded my senses. *Snap!* My body could no longer handle it. Darkness finally came once again. The last thing I saw was Obi-Wan. Laughing at my pain.

D'Gret looked at the unconscious Jedi, then turned to the young man.

"I think it is time her master knew where she was." He said.

"I will take care of it." D'Neb said, still grinning at the girl. "Revenge will be mine at last."

19. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    OMG!!!! [face_shocked] POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    OMG! No, no no no! Obi Wan= D'Neb!

NO NO! Poor Kadi! NOOOO!

:(

And good post!

UP!

21. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    I don't know when the next post will be up. I'm having trouble writing Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's meeting.

Chapter 23
    Qui-Gon dug through the desk drawers in D'Gret's quarters, trying to find something that would tell him where D'Gret was. He was now positive D'Gret was behind Kadi's disappearance. He didn't bother to be neat in his search. The Force was practically screaming at him to hurry. Now was not a time to be neat.

Suddenly, the com-unit began to beep. Qui-Gon spun around, looking at the flashing light. He hesitated for a moment before walking over and playing the message. A map appeared on the screen, showing the city. Slowly it focused on a part on the outskirts.

"Come to the following location. If you want to see your Padawan alive, do not tell anyone of this." The voice had been altered, so he could not recognize it. He didn't need to. It had to be D'Gret.

Looking over the map once more, he walked out of the room. //Hold on Padawan, I'm coming. Just hold on.//

Catiously, he approached the building. It was a clever hideout. Noone would suspect the King's Advisor to be here.

The door slid open when he approached. Qui-Gon peered into the darkness, reaching out with the Force, but could not see or feel anyone.

'Hard to see, the Dark Side is.' Master Yoda's words flashed through his mind. D'Gret, if he had truly turned, could be anywhere, shielded by the Dark Side.

Igniting his lightsaber, he entered the building. Rooms converted into cells were on either side of the hallway he headed down. Looking into one, the light from his saber reflected off something white. He didn't go closer.

"Qui-Gon!" A yell echoed down the hall. He sprinted down the hall towards one of the cells. Cutting through the door, he looked in relief at the Jedi who stood before him.

"Winoa, where's-"

"No time for pleasantries, you need to get to your Padawan. I heard...just get to her!" She said urgently, running out of the cell. Pointing him in right direction, she began to head for the entrance. "I'll go get help."

22. ThatJediGirl

Mar 11, 2001
    He's coming Kadi! Save them Qui Gon!

23. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    Post soon please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Ok, here's a short post to tide you over until I get around to posting the rest.

Chapter 24
    The green light of Qui-Gon's saber reflected off the metal walls, giving him enough light to see into the large room. The silence was deafening. His instincts told him it was too quiet. Someone or something was waiting to strike. Catiously taking a step into the room, he spotted a prone form in the middle of the room, hanging silently between two poles. Leaving cation to the wind, he hurried over to his Padawan's side. Kadi was unconscious, blood soaking her tunics and dripping onto the floor. Her whole weight was being held up by her arms. One looked like it had dislocated from the strain.

//Padawan.// He nudged her mind, trying to wake her up. //Padawan, wake up.//

Ignoring the blood that streamed down his hands, he lifted her up gently, taking the weight off of her arms as he began to remove the chains. Before he could even release her, the Force yelled a warning and he spun around, just managing to parry the red saber that would have impaled him.

The black robed figure let out a yell of rage. Qui-Gon parried the angry blows, trying to get a look under the hood. It was obviously not D'Gret. The figure was too short. In fact, he was too short to be a D'An, unless he was young, but that was unlikely.

Qui-Gon easily back him against the wall, the figure's anger making him impatient. His moves became sloppy and he began to make mistakes. Soon, Qui-Gon disarmed him, the saber landing on the floor beside him.

He reached out with the Force, using it to pull the figures hood away, and froze as something tugged at his mind. Qui-Gon frowned, pushing the feeling away.

Suddenly, a soft sob echoed through the room. Qui-Gon spun around, his opponent completely forgotten as pain filled the bond he had with Kadi.

"Obi-Wan NO!" Kadi yelled as Qui-Gon took a step toward her. Qui-Gon jumped aside as the red saber was flung towards him. It whizzed by his ear and ended up cutting through the chains holding up Kadi's right arm. He spun around and backhanded the figure as he tried to tackle him. With a groan, he fell to the ground, gasping. The hood fell back.

Qui-Gon felt his knees buckle in shock and he slowly knelt to the ground, staring at the boy before him.

25. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    You're leaving us there ?!? That's just mean.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.