main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yesterday I watched "ANH" on WGN....

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by _dArTh_SoLo, Feb 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _dArTh_SoLo

_dArTh_SoLo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2002
    And I was paying attention to Vader's red eyes.....and they were GONE!!!

Did anyone else see this?

2. ObiwanJohn

ObiwanJohn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    They're there. There are a few different scenes were they look black but I think that's just the lighting. I don't think WGN has a different version of the Original OT or SE version.

3. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I never noticed any problems with his eyes to begin with.

4. Jedi_Knight_Jonas

Jedi_Knight_Jonas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2003
    HOW CAN YOU NOT NOTICE TH EYES!!
    in certain parts of ANH, his eyes are red, not black.

5. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Because I'm usually paying attention to stuff other than the color of his eyes, I guess.

6. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I never noticed he had red or black eyes.

7. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I think it's more likely it was the colors on your TV.

8. First_Stage_Lensman

First_Stage_Lensman Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2003
    No. The lenses on his mask are definately red in ANH and when his TIE is spinning out of control @ the end you can see Prwoses eyes through the mask.

9. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    I've watched that scene more than fourty times and never picked up on it. I probably never will. :p

10. Marbe

Marbe Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Wow, I've never payed attention to that before, nor do I care to in future.

11. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    I just checked this out and I must say it is really annoying and I may never be able to watch ANH again because of it. Those five seconds where his eyes look as if they might possibly be an odd shade of red really annoy me and ruined my whole viewing experience. There is no way that I can ever watch ANH again without constantly thinking about this scene. Wait, this will ruin ESB and ROTJ too. Wow, this sucks. I can't watch the classic trilogy anymore. Dangit. STUPID MESSED UP COLOR THAT LASTS FOR FIVE SECONDS THAT RUINED STAR WARS FOR ME. I DEMAND THIS BE FIXED IN THE SPECIAL EDITIONS. Wow...wow...this is BAD. I can't BELIEVE they would do something like that. That scene is AWFUL. You know what, I can't be a Star Wars fan anymore because of this. Truly a tragedy it is. Shame on you for pointing it out to me. My life may never be the same again. DANGIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/sarcasm]

;)

12. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    [face_laugh]

I noticed it too, though. They aren't red, fools, they're a dark crimson. And it's not a big deal, anyway.

13. Marbe

Marbe Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Don't be so dramatic, Ousley. 8-}

Anyone who actually has a problem with this, go ahead and scratch your eyeballs out, because you're just going to have trouble with everything else otherwise.

14. ObiwanJohn

ObiwanJohn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    Ously,
    I know you were being sarcastict but his lenses really are red. It just depends on camera angle and lighting. Sometimes they look black. Personally I thought the red lenses were kind of cool. I'm pretty certian they are black in the other two OT movies though.

15. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    Anyone who actually has a problem with this, go ahead and scratch your eyeballs out, because you're just going to have trouble with everything else otherwise.

Thought you didn't care about this.

16. womberty

womberty Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2002
    But, if his lenses are red, does that mean he can't see his own lightsaber? :eek:

Good thing he's got that Force mumbo-jumbo to help him out. ;)

17. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    I thought that the Force was an ancient religion. :p

18. AceVader

AceVader Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 8, 2003
    It is well-known that the lenses in ANH were a red/amber color, and that there ARE certain points that you can see through them. There are also MANY other places where the suit differs from ANH to ESB, and from ESB to ROTJ. I prefer to think that Vader simply made "enhancements" to himself over time. Or possibly his physical condition worsened between ANH and ESB, so that his natural eyes no longer functioned as well, and he needed visual enhancements on viewscreens inside the helmet. He hinted that there were visual enhancement devices in ROTJ..."let me look on you with my OWN eyes...."

In any case, I like the suit in ROTJ the best of all, but Vader still ROCKS period.

19. generallee5

generallee5 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2003
    unforunatly, I have noticed this also. they never really looked red to me, kindov browinsh. o well. red, brown, pink, or periwinkle we can still see the eyes. I noticed them during the duel, when he's in his TIE Advanced, and for a split second when he's talking to Tarkin at one point. All other times they seem black to me. I hope they get that fixed for the DVD's, but if they don't its okay with me.
    other than the fact that the buttons on Vader's chestplate don't blinke on and off in ANH, I've never really noticed any changes to the suit itslef.

20. AceVader

AceVader Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 8, 2003
    There are many obvious, and some subtle changes. The helmet is different in ANH. It has a "widows peak" and smaller chin grill, not as shiny. The armor was all black in ANH, and his robe was over it. the chestbox and belt is slightly different, as well.

From ESB to ROTJ, the cape was attached differently. In ROTJ he had a cape hook on his armor that he never had before, and he wears his robe differently in all 3 movies. There are some very, very small differences in the chestbox as well. Also, the ROTJ helmet had a fatter bottom "lip".

LOL sorry, I know it's nerdy, but I pay attention to these things. Once you notice, you'll probably never not be able to.

21. generallee5

generallee5 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2003
    yeah i knew the helmet was bigger in ESB and ROTJ than in was in ANH. I didn't notice that he wears his cape differently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.