main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO Yesterday totally sucked

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Darth-Horax, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    Hey everybody,
    I just wanted to write a quick letter to all of you since you've all been so kind to me through the years.

Yesterday, around noon, my little 2 year old rat terrier got outside when my son, Tyler opened the door. We were putting up our Halloween decorations, and Tyler wanted to come out and see them. My dog, who's very, very fast, ran outside to play and I could not catch him. He's done this before, where he runs out and around, but he always comes back within 5 minutes, and he always stays on our street, away from traffic.

Yesterday, he decided to be adventurous and go out to play on Union.

My dog, who weighs 16 pounds, had made it across Union and was starting to come back when he saw me. He looked into my eyes and started to run back to me. All the traffic stopped to let him pass. Everythign was going to be fine. But then a car from the back of the line decided he didn?t' want to wait, and he pulled out and aroudn everybody who was a stop. He ran over my dog, hitting him in the head and killing him. The thing that gets me is the fact that the guy did not slow down, even AFTER he had hit poor little Charley.

When I got Charley back to the house, he started breathing again, and his heart started up. My neighbors, being the good people that they are, took Charley and I to the emergency Vets. On the way there, Charley fought bravely and heroically. He struggled for breath, so my neighbor's brother in law gave him mouth to mouth while I massaged his little heart. He could barely blink his eyes or twitch his ears. We pulled up to the vets place, and I picked him up to take him inside, and poor little Charley died in my arms, breathing his last breath while looking into my eyes. His little body could not take it any more, and had he lived, I'm sure he would have been in a lot of pain, and probably paralyzed. I actually think his little neck was broken from the impact.

This has been a very, very trying month for my family as our 3 year old son, Tyler, nearly died on us last week due to a bad reaction to some prescribed medication, and now our little puppy is gone. Please keep us in your prayers and thoughts as I honestly don't know how much more of this my family can take.

Thank you all for listening. I needed to get this out there one time because I've been reliving the scenario constantly ever since I saw it happen.
    If I'm a little distant, now you'll know why.

Thank you again, for being my friend and for letting me share my loss with you.

2. Kanaloa

Kanaloa Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2005
    Sorry to hear about your loss. May there be better days ahead for you and yours. Much metta :)

3. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    sorry to hear that DH, that totaly sucks.

4. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Geez, man. Sorry to hear all that. :( RDT and I know know how scary it can be to have something happen to your kid. I'm really glad it all worked out, though.

The little dog, though...that's... ... ...I'm sorry. :(

It's a kinda dumb idea, but there's a convention this weekend in Denver -- most of us are going, and most of the RMFF will be there, too. Maybe a little fun will take some of the edge off?

5. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    So sorry about everything. :( Life can really suck sometimes. Give your kids lots of hugs. That always makes me feel better.

6. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    Thanks, guys. I would attend, as that would be mucho fun...but the wife, kids and I are going around to 3 different Rat Terrier breeders in the state to try and find another dog.

I've contacted the breeders, and they have puppies that will be ready around the end of November, early December, which will be a good time to get antoher dog...right before Christmas!

I miss the little guy, but he's happy now, and he's not in any more pain. That driver needs his testicles in a sling, though.

7. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    There are some bad bad people out there. :(

I'm sorry to hear about Charley, Rat Terriers are sweet little dogs. And that your son is ok from that reaction, I know from personal experiance just how miserable you can be from something like that.

A weird thought just came to me... have you ever watched that cartoon movie All Dogs Go to Heaven? The dog in that was named Charley too.

8. Darth-Horax

Aug 22, 2001
    No, but I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

the wife bought a new puppy on Friday night. A Jack Russell Terrier...2.5 months old.

No name yet...I'll post pix soon!

Thanks for hte support, guys!

9. GraySaberFreque

GraySaberFreque Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2006
    Well I don't know you but Im sorry to hear what happened.

I hope you like your new puppy though, we never got a new dog when ours died ;(.