main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA YET ANOTHER GOOFY IDEA FOR A FANFILM CALLED: A BEAUTIFUL PLAID

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by sacul-1138, Jun 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    Take a page from George Lucas in Love and mix it well with a beautiful mind and what do you have A BEAUTIFUL PLAID

It's the story of a young genuis named George who goes a wee bit nuts and begins to imagine he's a director.
    And like a Beautiful Mind begins to see people who aren't real. Yoda, Obiwan, etc etc.

I don't have it all worked out but I watched a beautiful mind the other day and thought of this idea which I thought mind be funny.

it would be a bit easier to make than Chewys Angels and could be funny if we flesh out the details.

Anywho just another mad thought from Sacul-1138
    *this though brought to you in Sithy Vision.

2. fn_clone

fn_clone Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    ::puts on Sithy Vision glasses::

Great idea, I think you really got something going there. It'll take a lot of thought a and a good screen write for this one, but if that's all done well then I'm sure it would turn out really awesome. You officially have one loyal supporter of the Beautiful Plaid production.

3. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    What, no lightsaber fight? Every Fan Film has a lightsaber fight; it?s an unwritten rule. :p

4. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    I'm sure we can work one in...you could work a lightsaber fight into any movie....I once figured out the perfect spot in The movie Remains of the Day but the director would let me touch his "vision"..shows you what he knew...boring...zzzZZzzZzZzzzzzz

5. CalQdeX

CalQdeX Jedi Master star 2

Mar 29, 2001
    SOunds like a good idea*have not seen beautiful mind*.
    But who to play Lucas?

6. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    There was a dead ringer for Lucas at C2, maybe we could call him up. He was in the flannel and tennis shoes and everything. Quick! someone track him down!

7. Jandor_Tarvin

Jandor_Tarvin Jedi Master star 1

Jun 15, 2002
    *looks over the idea for A Beautiful Plaid*

This could be very interesting. But, do you want to go for 100% goofiness? Or do you want to go for 80% parody, 20% goofiness?

Or would you dare tackle the third and most trying option of 60% parody, 25% goofiness, 10% butt kickingly cool lightsaber fight and 5% actual tender heartedness?

You could fit a lightsaber duel in there easily enough. Picture the imaginary ObiWan trying to chop up George's well-meaning friends as they try to tell him what is and isn't real?

8. sacul-1138

Nov 9, 2000
    "Or would you dare tackle the third and most trying option of 60% parody, 25% goofiness, 10% butt kickingly cool lightsaber fight and 5% actual tender heartedness?"

You know anyone can come up with a percentage...14% of people know that.

I'd say 75% Parody 20% perchent kick butt lightsaber battle and 30% goofiness and 12% butter scotch ripple....you do the math.

The light saber fight with would be easy to work in. George will be fighting Vader, but when it switches to real life he's swinging at nothing while holding a loaf of french bread or something.

I only saw Beautiful mind once (and wasn't all that impressed) but take the core idea (spoilers so be warned)

GL is in collage (with imaginary Obi Wan) and later believes himself to be breaking codes against the rebelion for the empire.
    He'll get visted by Boba Fett, Storm Troopers, and Naturally Vader. (perhaps an imperial Thrawn would be good but hard to pull off)

the real movie takes you a loooooooong trip even after you find out that he's nuts.
    I'd think it would be better to have GL figure out he's nuts and decides to write Star Wars.
    the Movie can end with Gl walking towards a Premire or something and he sees Vader and all the imaginary people there being ignored (like in Beautiful Mind)

9. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    I [face_love] the idea! That's marvelous! It would take a great script, don't get me wrongo, but it could be brilliant! :D

When he's going crazy and imagining his friends Obi Wan, Anakin et al, that's where we'll fit in the lightsaber fights.

I really like this idea...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.