main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Yet another icon dying in Episode 8?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Millennium Falcon 888, Jan 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Sorry for bringing up a macabre topic but do you guys think an iconic character will die in Episode 8? A la Han Solo?

But hold on a sec, it need not necessary be a human being, alien, droid, etc... What about legendary machinery like, say, yours truly?

In the event that a space battle is taking place in Episode 8 and the Resistance + New Republic is greatly outnumbered against the First Order, whoever is flying me (quite likely to be Chewie, since he's now my pilot) can do a heroic sacrifice and head straight to the enemy ship's weak point with guns blazing, blowing each other up and saving the heroes to fight another day?

This will be reminiscent of scenes in Star Trek (USS Kelvin slamming into the Narada) or Independence Day (the fighter jet hitting the City Destroyer's primary weapon, causing the enemy's ship to explode)!

Sent from MillenniumFalcon AI using Tapatalk

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  2. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Maybe R2-D2 will sacrifice himself for destroying some enemy combat base to save others?

3. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    How amusing, someone thinks he is a spaceship. Even more amusing is that he doesn't know where the pilot's seat is....

Avnar, themoth and Cedius like this.
  4. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I've had the same theory. At first I thought Chewie might pilot the Falcon on a suicide run, then I thought it might be Kylo Ren in a last minute attempt to redeem himself. Not sure we'll see either but I'm almost positive that the Falcon won't make it out of the new trilogy in one piece.

5. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    I want more Millennium Falcon and would hate to see it go. Perhaps R2 or 3P0 will die?
    ...But Han dying was enough for me to handle for a long time. I don't want to see any more icons go at least in Episode 8 anyway.

6. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    what about 'no'? Han's death was enough and ESB proved that a movie can be dark without someone dying. And don't dare to kill R2, without him all the heroes are doomed, since then there is noone to save the day. :rolleyes:

Darth_Voider likes this.
  7. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Um yeah not it's own thread worthy. There are several places you can discuss your own demise.

thejeditraitor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.