main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Yet another thing to do! OOooo Jets!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Sistine, Sep 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    That time of year again...and this year it will have even more meaning since it is 100 years of flight!

(Poor Moe, his work is at the end of the runway...literally?note to self buy him new earplugs)

[image=http://www.photohome.com/pictures/aircraft-pictures/aerobatic/blue-angels-1a.jpg]

Miramar Air Show

October 17th-19th

2. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    may have to do this...haven't watched one of these since i was kid. love the blue angels. :)

3. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    Heh... I'm surprised Void has replied to this yet... heh heh heh...

4. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Cool, I was suppose to have my brother from Tucson come over but it isn't going to work out...so if you want to...C'Mon down!

From their page...

The dark and mysterious B-2 Spirit will make a fly-by on Saturday only. The stealth bomber brings awesome power to bear on any point on the globe, through previously impenetrable defenses.

previously impenetrable :confused:

5. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    yeah we have an airshow back home that we use to go to alot. i bet my little brother would like to go as well. i'll ask him. cool beans. :D

6. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    heh.. my old place was practically at the west end of the runways at miramar... the planes for the airshow would take off and fly right over my house... which was cool for watching them, but bad if you wanted to sleep or talk on the phone.
    my new place is a little north, so the noise isn't that bad, although they usually veer my way when they go out toward the ocean.

the weeks before the air show, it can get pretty noisy around there. (even noisier when the base was Navy, with Top Gun)

7. Commander_Choad

Sep 11, 2002
    Years ago, I went to the air show at Pt. Mugu, we were on the offramp, stuck in traffic, and the whole car started to shake... a RS-71...er... SR-71 flew overhead, and I do mean directly overhead at about 100 feet.... it was really cool... never forgot that... my dad thought it was an earthquake...

8. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    I'll run it by the Hand, we'll see what happens

9. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Yeah, I'm quite literally at the end of the runway. My body shop is on a small parcel of land on the south side of Miramar Rd, bordered on the other tree sides my MCAS Miramar. It gets quite noisy as the F-18's and various other aircraft fly directly overhead at a few hundered feet.

10. Commander_Choad

Sep 11, 2002
    Hmm... time to job shadow with Moe, and a camera... heh heh heh...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.