main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yet another try for a third meeting!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Abilene, TX' started by Yoda525907, Dec 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoda525907

Yoda525907 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 2002
    I was thinking that we could shoot for the weekend before the new Lord of the Rings movie comes out. Like Sat. the 16th. That way we can actually sit down and talk and get to know one-another. We can still do the Movienite thing and go see The Two Towers on opening night but I just thought that more people would be willing and able to get together on the weekends. Give me some Feedback on what everyone thinks of this idea.

Saturday December 16, 2002 ...say at Mezamez (or however you spell it) at like 9:00pm?

That gives us two weeks to get it together and I'd love see us pull this one off.

Dave.

2. BroodMcEto

BroodMcEto Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2002
    That sounds good to me. I don't think I'll be doing anything, and I'll try to work early that day.

3. TIEAce17

TIEAce17 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 24, 2002
    Sounds good I wont be doing anything. LOL

4. Yoda525907

Oct 13, 2002
    When are you ever doing anything? LOL. J/K Aaron.

5. TIEAce17

TIEAce17 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 24, 2002
    HEY! I do things and they're real important things to.....like...like...uhh....err....uhhh... well I do them, and they are important! LOL

6. strwrshrln

strwrshrln Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    I will have to see if I work the mall that night or night. If I do work I would be able to make it around 9:30 or so.

Harlan

7. Yoda525907

Oct 13, 2002
    Is everyone ready for the meeting this coming weekend. I just wanted to touch bases with every one and make sure you all are going to be able to make it. Also if you know how to get in contact of some of our more elusive friends (i.e. those who haven't posted in a while) I'd just love to meet them there this Saturday.

Dave.

8. strwrshrln

Jul 21, 2002
    As of now I can make it. We need to get this posted to make it officail. I am not sure who to contact about posting it. Hopefully the powers that be will see this and help us out.

Harlan

9. BroodMcEto

Jan 14, 2002
    Uh, the 16th is a Monday. Saturday is the 14th. Is that the day you mean? I can't make Saturday, because I'm closing (4p-1a) I could do a Sunday night after 8p, tho.

10. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Don't worry, we're keeping an eye on y'all ;)

Just come to a consensus on meeting time preferrably before tomorrow night, so I can post before the weekend.

Good Luck w/the meeting!
    Brian

11. Yoda525907

Oct 13, 2002
    Sorry. My bad on the date. I did mean Sat. but if Sun will work better that's great. Ok let's do this then.

Mezemez's Sunday December 15, 2002 @ 9:00.

How's that for everyone?

12. Yoda525907

Oct 13, 2002
    Need to know who all will be able to make it tonight. I'm pretty sure that me and Ace can make it. Toby said that he might be able to make it.

We need to hear from from everyone.

13. SPECTOR

SPECTOR Jedi Master star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    I have met the enemy. And it is coffee. BTW Dave, my e-mail is davidromeo4@hotmail.com

14. Yoda525907

Oct 13, 2002
    Ok we finally got one together. Last night Ace, Toby, David, and myself all met up. Unfortunatly Mezimez closed at 8:00pm. But they say that neccesity is the mother of invention. We prevailed and moved over to Starbucks. Hopefully this will make us offical. And it was decided among the four of us that while Toby, David, and Harlan are the father's of the Abilene Fan Force they each have very little time to contribute to the cause. While I on the other hand have no life and would gladly take on the responsabilaty of City Rep. for the Abilene Fan Force. I only hope that I don't screw it up too bad and get us banned from any conventions or anything like that. Anyway we just need confermation that we are offical now. I'll be looking back in here to check up.

Dave.

15. strwrshrln

Jul 21, 2002
    Sorry I missed you guys last night. After getting off work some things came up at home that I needed to take care of. I also would have needed to be home early anyway. This is the week before semester break at school and I will be putting in alot of extra time this week trying to get everything finished. Hopefuly we can get together over the Christmas break.

Harlan

16. BroodMcEto

Jan 14, 2002
    Last night's meeting was quite enjoyable. It was nice to meet Aaron (sp?) (aka TIEace) and chat with the two Davids.

So, since we had four and it was posted, does this make us official?

17. Yoda525907

Oct 13, 2002
    I hope so. I'm just waiting to hear from Nabooty Call for confermation.

18. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Nabooty Call posted in the CR board that he won't be around much lately so you could try one the GSA's like Rox or ObiAnne. :)

19. BroodMcEto

Jan 14, 2002
    So, uh, what does that mean? Do we have to do another meeting to be official? Or do we just have to tell another rep?

20. Yoda525907

Oct 13, 2002
    I guess that we need to tell someone else. I'm going to try and find someone now.

21. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    I can post it in the CR board if you think that would help you guys out :)

22. Yoda525907

Oct 13, 2002
    I sent a private message to Rox and hopefully I'll hear something back soon. But if you think that posting on the CR Boards will help then by all means please do so. We can use all the help that we can get.

23. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    Hey, guys, yep, I'm swamped with r.l. stuff right now, glad the meeting went well :)

As it stands now, I should have some time to do all the "official-making" stuff this afternoon (and need the practice on Manager functions!), but will contact the GSA's if things change here at w*rk, so we can make sure y'all are taken care of.

So, have you started planning the next event yet ?[face_plain]

Happy Holidays!
    Brian

24. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    Woo-hoo

You guys did it!

25. jango-joe1

jango-joe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2001
    YAY!!!!!!!