main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Yip Yip!" Avatar - the Last Airbender

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jedi Merkurian , Oct 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006

Well, it's going to take a while to come up with something for my name.

2. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Hey guys check out my new RPG based on the series. Avatar: Last of the Airbenders

Aang Aang is the Avatar's name
    Master of all, that can save the day
    He will make sure the Fire Nation will pay someday.

Thats the best i can do. My name is too long to do so its fitting that its on the Avatar.:p

3. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    I got one (Yes, in morrowind, Vivec is a poet.)

Vivec the poet
    Strongest of drows, you know it
    Not scared to show it

4. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    Oww! My expectations!

<curls up in a ball and whimpers>

5. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Welllll....so much for my old pet theory....o_O

New Pet Theory: Ever wonder why they never show Fire Lord Ozai's face? Ever wonder just exactly what happened to Avatar Roku? My new pet theory is that Ozai is the spitting image of his great grand-uncle Roku. Yep, that's right. I think that Fire Lord Sozen and Avatar Roku were brothers. Their relationship was similar to that of Ozai & Iroh, and Roku somehow sacrificed himself to forestall Sozen's imperialistic efforts.

Soooo...does this mean that Aang has mastered the Avatar State? ;)

6. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    Okay, more coherent now.

First, Mike and Bryan totally pulled the rug out from under the entire fan base. That was hard core, well done you two.
    Second, Toph will kick your ass. I'm not even joking, I've seen her tear metal doors apart with her bare hands. Do not piss her off.
    Third, Uncle Iroh is made of Awesome.
    Fourth, Zuko is an idiot.
    Fifth, Azula is one scary DOB.

7. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    Zuko is still not satisfied with his decision to take over Ba-sing-se, he will still turn good. Well the Avatar state sucked. Azula killed him and thus destroying the world as the Avatar would not have been reborn again. Good thing Aang ahowed up, otherwise Katara would have used her healing stuff on Zuko's scar. Why would she risk wasting her healing stuff on Zuko's scar?

8. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    "Uncle Iroh is made of Awesome."

QFT. I love it! He didn't even miss a beat:

-*surrounded by small horde* You're under arrest!
    -So you guys ever wonder why I'm called "the Dragon of the West?"

And if Toph can do it, you know King Bumi can as well! I think part of why he surrendered is to see the looks of shock and awe when he does what she did [face_skull]

9. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    Does anyone know when season 3 Fire will start?

10. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    WHY ZUKO WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!

Please tell me he's gonna double cross his sister later.

This episode does bring up an interesting point though. Aang did physically die for a moment, so when he dies again, this time permanently, it's the end of the Avatar cycle surely. So Aang is not only the last Airbender, he's also the last Avatar.

And yes, Toph is THE greatest earth-bender in existance. And Iroh is made of pure awesome.

Oh, and just because I aint getting over it any time soon:

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

11. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    I thought the season finale was great. Iroh rocks, and did anyone think of Star Wars comparisons as they watched it. I thought when the Guru told Aang to learn to let go it reminded me of Yoda talking to Anakin. Then when Aang couldnt let go an left without finishing, it reminded me of Luke in Dagobah leaving to rescue Han and Leia.:p

12. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    And later on Zuko was like Anakin (complete with eye scar) and Iroh was Obi-Wan and Azula was the Emperor.

Does this mean that Sokka is Han Solo?

I feel bad that Zutara is now so not gonna happen, but it's good that the creators keeps us guessing with lots of twists.

13. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    Zutara is still possible. I thought the finale was good but not great. The whole season seems to be a waste if Zuko is evil, which leads me to believe he is good just look at his face in the final shot of him. That's a look of confusion, self doubt, cocern that his plan to double cross Azula is too risky?

14. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Yes, I enjoyed the season finalle (spelling?). Interesting theory, J_M, it would be cool if Sozun and Roku were brothers.

15. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    [image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/11/GuruPathik.JPG]
    "If you go now, help her you could. But you would destroy all for which she has fought & suffered."

Just like ESB: foresaw pain & suffering while training with an eccentric master, leaving prematurely, getting rescued by the one that he went to save...

Verrrry "Heroes Journey"

16. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    I quite agree with the crowd saying Iroh rocks :D definitely.

And I did see those SW comparisons... eerie...

I hope Zuko doesn't turn out to be evil. I agree, it would be quite a waste...

17. rechedelphar

Mar 29, 2004
    This episode does bring up an interesting point though. Aang did physically die for a moment, so when he dies again, this time permanently, it's the end of the Avatar cycle surely. So Aang is not only the last Airbender, he's also the last Avatar.

When he falls from the big Aang's arms, that is symbolizing the end of the Avatar cycle as he was killed while in the cosmos.

18. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    I have a feeling that what appears to be the end of the Avatars with Aang falling from big Aang's hands, could be his resurrection with the special healing substance that Katara had.

19. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    ^^ That would be my guess also [face_praying]

20. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    A bit of trivia as far as the voice actors: in addition to Mark Hamill as "Darth Ozai," the voice actress for Katara was the First Daughter in Independence Day. I thought that Long Feng sounded like "the Architect" from the Matrix, but he's actually voiced by Clancy "the Kurgan" Brown. The actress who plays Toph also played the voice of Meng, who had a crush on Aang in Warriors of Kyoshi.

And the actresses who play Joo Dee and Azula are teh hawtness!

EDIT: Holy Crap! The voice actor for "the Boulder" in Blind Bandit is.....

[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/40/Mankindmandibleclaw.jpg]

Mick Foley! [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh] =D=

21. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    Didn't get a chance to edit it, but WWE star Mick "Mankind" Foley is shown above giving his trademark "Mandible Claw" to fellow WWE star "the Rock," thus bringing the parody full circle.

22. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Yes that is funny,:p ^^^

On continuing my little theory of Aang being resurrected. I believe that the Avatar cycle was resurrected and maybe something new along with it. Maybe the cycle will be different instead of going through the elements in order maybe it will be random because of Aang's resureection. Also it might make Aang's decendants stronger too maybe it will effect them making them capable of being the Avatar or just much stronger airbenders.

23. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    I'd mentioned earlier that I would compare elements of Avatar (bad pun :oops:) with western astrology. I'll be doing this in bits & pieces. For starters:

[image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1a/Princezuko.jpg]
    Aries
    The young ram is adventurous, ambitious, impulsive, and full of energy. They welcome challenges and will not be diverted from their purpose except by their own impatience, which will surface if they don't get quick results.

Aries subjects are courageous leaders with a genuine concern for those they command, being responsible people, it is rare that they will use their subordinates to obtain their own objectives as leaders, but occasionally it does happen. They do not make very good followers because they are too "take charge". They may be unwilling to obey or submit to directions for which they can see no reason, or with which they disagree. They are much concerned with self, both positively and negatively - self-reliant but also self centered (sometimes) and concerned with their own personal advancement and physical satisfaction. Their immense energy makes them aggressive and restless, argumentative occasionally, headstrong, quick tempered, easily offended and capable of holding grudges if they feel themselves affronted.

In personal relationships Arians are frank, direct and candid, and make enthusiastic and generous friends. A negative effect of this sun sign is that you could sometimes unknowingly make it hard for others to relate to you, as you really are.

Aries are quick-witted but sometimes foolhardy and over optimistic, lacking thoroughness and the ability to evaluate difficulties in the undertakings into which they often rush impulsively. The great need of Aries natives is to exercise an iron self-control, to discipline the qualities and tendencies of their character to the advantage, not the detriment, of the society in which they move.

As an Aries, you like a challenge that will stir you to action. This challenge may just be frustration; or at a more controlled level, you may have clear direction and know what or whom you're fighting for. If your direction is not clear, then ask yourself and listen to your inner voice. You will come up with an answer. An Aries without a direction in which to go, or a without a cause to fight for, would be against your nature and make you more a "sheep" then a ram!

Aries make good athletes and climbers, doctors, explorers, soldiers, sailors and airmen, and leaders, though awkward subordinates, in industry and politics.

24. Jedi Merkurian

May 25, 2000
    [image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6b/Uncleiroh.jpg]
    Sagittarius
    Sagittarians have a positive outlook on life, are full of enterprise, energy, versatility, adventurousness and eagerness to extend experience beyond the physically familiar. They enjoy travelling and exploration, the more so because their minds are constantly open to new dimensions of thought. They are basically ambitious and optimistic, and continue to be so even when their hopes are dashed.

They have both profound and widely ranging minds, equipped with foresight and good judgement, and they can be witty conversationalists. They love to initiate new projects (they make excellent researchers) and have an urge to understand conceptions that are new to them. They think rapidly, are intuitive and often original, but are better at adapting than inventing and are at their best when working with colleagues of other types of character that compliment their own. They are strong-willed and good at organizing, a combination that gives them the ability to bring any project they undertake to a successful conclusion. Their generosity can be balanced by their extreme care at handling their resources.

They are natural teachers and philosophers with a talent for expounding the moral principles and laws which seem to explain the universe. Travel and exploration naturally appeal to such restless souls and, if their opportunities are limited, they may find something of travel and change of scene in the armed forces or through working as a travelling salesman. Others may make fine musicians.

I'd also say that Iroh represents Jupiter which is associated with the principles of growth, expansion, religion, higher education, prosperity and protecting roles, and also with merrymaking or 'joviality'.

25. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Hey, my good friend Twinky pointed me here after I got her onto Avaar; I'm a full-blown Avatard myself but have to restort to youtube as there's not much choice in quality cartoons here in the UK ( :( ).

I mst say the season finale just blew me away. I'm still going 'why Zuko whyyyyyyyy' in my head pretty much every day, though it's kinda easy to see why he defected (honour and father-love over teaming up with an old enemy? Yes please). Though, one thing has me bothered, and that's why Azula offered him the option in the first place. As oldest son, if Zuko gets his honour back he;s going to be the next Fire Lord and I cannot see her accepting that too readily. My guess is she's playing him.

p.s WHY ZUKO?????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.