main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[YJCC] I thought religious threads were frowned upon?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Amidala_wannabe, Dec 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    When I came upon this thread here I though, this isn't going to turn out well.

It looks like alot of flaming towards a persons chosen religion and things very close to flaming are getting said. Mainly towards the people who say they don't pray/believe in "god".

I havn't been around much lately, but I had really thought that threads talking about religion was frowned upon being that all of us here have our own views.

Edit: I hate mark-up codes

2. FamousAmos

FamousAmos VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 9, 2003
    Religious debates are frowned upon in JCC, and I posted a warning in that thread to stay on topic and stop the religious debating. The only religious threads that we lock in JCC are debates, other topics(like this one) are generally fine. As far as the flaming, I'm still reading the thread to look for that, so I'll take care of any flaming that happened there :).

3. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    It looks like FamousAmos is in there dealing with it. I don't see that there would be a problem with that thread, except that people decided to turn it into a religious debate.

Edit: too slow :(

4. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Ok, that was my concern, cause I've been involved with threads like that turn into religious debates and flame wars.

Thanx Amos

5. FamousAmos

FamousAmos VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 9, 2003
    You're welcome :)

6. Darth_Snowball

Darth_Snowball Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 21, 2004

Famous, you're a...

Nevermind, I forgot this was Comms. [face_blush]

7. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Yeah it'd be a little ridiculous to force all religious thoughts out of jcc. Religion is a part of every day life for a LOT of our members, but religious debate is kept in the senate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.