main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

YJK Fan Cartoon: Auditions Now: Voice Acting, Animation, and Music!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Boba_Fett_123, Oct 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boba_Fett_123

Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    Do you have a favorite SW rumor? What if it were true?

First up:

In 1996, FOX was rumored to have been working on an animated series based on the Young Jedi Knights book series. Would you have liked or disliked the series? Do you think it would still be airing today?

Mod Edit: Moved to Fan Films :)

2. Macewindu77815

Macewindu77815 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    COOL I WOULD HAVE WATCHED IT!!!!!

3. WarmasterDan

WarmasterDan Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 3, 2002
    Yes it would be great because the Young Jedi Knights series is good ,and yes it would still be on because I think a lot of people would like it.

4. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I'd STILL watch that. Hmm . . . I've been saying I wanna write for TV . . . Anyone here a cartoonist? We could collaborate and do a web series, using flash, or something. Fan films.

Dana

5. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    I have a really good friend who draws anime. She also likes AW, although not fanatically. Actually, the ones she has read are the YJK.. tell me if you're interested... I could talk to her...

6. Boba_Fett_123

Aug 6, 2002
    I could help out with the scripting, but not so much with the drawing, though I could do a little.

EDIT: I PM'd Dantana, and I found an e-mail address for Kevin J. Anderson. When Dana responds, we'll see if we can't get the ball rolling on this. Kyp Side of the Force, do talk to your friend, and see if she'll do it for us.

7. Boba_Fett_123

Aug 6, 2002
    Good News!

Dana answered, and it looks like we're on our way. I'll have DA change the thread title, and a little later on I'll e-mail Kevin J. Anderson to get some insight from him (what the temple looks like, what the characters sound like...)

EDIT: DA, you're the best!

8. RockDragon

RockDragon Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    That would be really cool if you guys did something like that. :D I would definately want to watch it.

9. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    I can do stikcomics! :D

But Lemel does them better [face_blush]

Seriously, the only help I'd ever be would be scripting :) And Dana can do that just fine :p

10. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    I can lend moral support. :)

Great thinking guys, this will be great.

See? :D ;)

11. Jansons_Funny_Twin

Jansons_Funny_Twin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I suck with computers, I can't draw worth crap, and I have a slight lisp but if you need anyone to write for you, count me in.

12. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    I can lend an Aussie accent :p

13. Boba_Fett_123

Aug 6, 2002
    I PM'd Kyp Side, but she hasn't answered. If her friend says yes, then we can start.

14. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Okay, my question is, do we want to do rendition(s) of book(s), or make up our own story/ies?

Anime Young Jedi Knights. Oh, my anime-freak brother will, well, freak. He's always nattering on about one anime or another, and while I don't really care about anime, this will be cool. Though, probably, my bro will think that I like anime now. But whatever.

Dana

15. Boba_Fett_123

Aug 6, 2002
    We should try to stick to the books. I don't want to start work 'til Kyp Side answers, though.

16. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Sorry I'm taking so long, but my friend hasn't been at school... wait until monday... if she's not there... I'll do domething, but I'm not sure what.

17. Boba_Fett_123

Aug 6, 2002
    OK. Monday, we start.

18. Boba_Fett_123

Aug 6, 2002
    OK, we really can't wait any longer, so let's start. Should we set it up like a cartoon series, or should we do big, movie-like cartoons, one for each book?

19. Macewindu77815

May 13, 2002
    I have shadow acadamy and jedi bounty.

so i guess i could help with scripting a bit?
    maybe?

20. Boba_Fett_123

Aug 6, 2002
    Shadow Academy is the second book, so you have a while to wait before you can script, and Jedi Bounty is, like, the eighth or ninth book. Can you draw or voice-act?

21. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Dang. If I'd known we were starting with book 1, I would have checked it out from the library and written up the script. I was just at the library about two hours ago. Grr.

Right now, I don't care if we do them in order or anything. We could even do little ones and big ones, if we're feeling that ambitious.

I say we start off with a pretty short one, that maybe takes place between some of the YJK books, just to get started?

I really, really want to do one of Return to Ord Mantell, 'cause my Kyp-muffin's in it.

Dana

22. Jansons_Scary_Twin

Jansons_Scary_Twin Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2002
    I think something of a prequal episode taking place before Heirs to the Force. Introduce the characters, see them arriving on Yavin 4, etc.

23. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    That'd be good, too. As I said before, I don't care about order. :D I have the last 6 seasons of The X-Files in no particular order on my tapes. As well as Buffy and the first 2 seasons of Angel.

We could do one where Jaina and Jacen tell Zekk they're going to the academy, start it there, then continue on through them meeting Tenel Ka and Lowie.

Dana

24. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Oooh this looks fun.

25. Macewindu77815

May 13, 2002
    Cant draw and dont have a mike.

If i sleep over at my friends house i could maybe be a little known char so i would be in it for like 1 minute or so!

and we cant use the whole book as the script!

I think we should do it like a movie for every book!

so what did KJA say?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.