main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

YJK Fan Cartoon: Auditions Now: Voice Acting, Animation, and Music!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Boba_Fett_123, Oct 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Alman

Jedi_Alman Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Exactly how many of these cartoons are you planning on, and how long is each one? Also, how much of the OT music do you want to include?

I'm starting to write some short motifs for the characters, but I'd like to know which characters I will be dealing with in the near future. So far I have motifs for Jacen, Jaina, Tenel Ka. I also have ones for Anakin and Tahiri, but I don't know if I would need those.

2. Rachel_Moonstar

Rachel_Moonstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2003
  3. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    I'd just like to comment that those look great, Rachel. How long did it take you to do each drawing?

4. Rachel_Moonstar

Apr 9, 2003
    Thanky.
    Less than and hour for both. There just sketches and the colored on took about an hour and a half since I rushed it just to see what it would look like.

5. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    How long, then, would it take you to animate such drawings?

I draw as a passtime, but I'm not all that great at it. You can see some of my work on my site, but each of those took me hours to complete, especially that color/charcoal pic of Anakin.

6. Rachel_Moonstar

Apr 9, 2003
    I can do the animation but I might need to have some one help with finishing up the drawings cause thats the real time consumer.

7. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    Have you ever been to the fanart board? There is a lot of talent over there. I'm sure there would be someone willing to help you out.

8. Rachel_Moonstar

Apr 9, 2003
    Hmmmmmm....I think I'll go check it out. Thanks.

9. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    Are you using Flash, or good old-fashioned cell art?

10. Rachel_Moonstar

Apr 9, 2003
    If I can get it and figure out how to use it Flash.

But until then I'm planning the classic way.

It's what I go to school for anyways.

All I know is that I will not do the backgounds. I can mark the space for the characters to move around in but I'm not making them look nice.

11. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002
    I'd like to help. :) I have no artistic skills but I can write stories and could do a voice. :)

12. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    Rachel, I know what you mean. It takes a team of artists to produce a high-quality cartoon. You couldn't be expected to do both character animation and background drawings. I'd just say to post a topic on the fanart forum to see if anyone would be interested in signing on.

Kettch, you wouldn't happen to know anything about music, would you? Working in both fields a bit, I can say that writing music takes even longer than drawing a piece of artwork. I have spoken to one other person about helping me with music, but I haven't heard back from him yet.

13. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002
    Sorry. No music skills either. Guess I'm not much help. :(

14. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    Eh, everyone can be put to use if they're willing to do drudge work. I dunno, though, that's not up to me.

15. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Hi there. I like the manga version of Jaina the most.

16. Rachel_Moonstar

Apr 9, 2003
    I like it also. The second one is too much like the style I use for my personal characters and they will end up looking like them in the end. The third one I usually use for silly little cartoons, it's just so simple.

Just letting all know that I have three pages of crappy stoyboards up. They are not spectacular but if there are questions or bits of advice to offer by all means take a look. I based it off of the script that Boba has posted so far.

any who go HERE to see it the other drawings are there to and stuff.

17. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    Who is working on the actual story? When will we have something to work on?

18. Rachel_Moonstar

Apr 9, 2003
    Boba is working on it as faras I know. And that isn't a lot. You can see what is posted so far on page 8 of this thread.

Or you can go to the documents section at my site where it's all together.

19. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    Well, I'm tinkering with a main theme right now, but I really can't do much as far as that goes. What kind of style do you want in the cartoon? Purely Star Wars style, or something remeniscant of it with a bit of a flare? Plus, I don't know how the cartoon is going to open, so I can't really do a complete opening piece.

Oh well, I'm just experimenting right now anyway.

20. Rachel_Moonstar

Apr 9, 2003
    It's not my call but I would suggest the bit of flare thingy. Only because it should distinguish itself from the sound we are used to when refering to SW.

21. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    That's what I'm sort of going with right now. I have the first few seconds written. I'm just starting with a fanfare that could remind you of Star Wars, but is it's own thing.

22. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    Alright, what I'm doing now is my idea of how the show should open. I started the piece out with a short fanfare, and then that fades into a background drum beat with the characters' motifs playing over it. I think that that would give good oportunity to show clips of each character or something like that. You know, classic cartoon style ;) . The piece I have right now is rough at best, but it is coming along nicely. I just need to know what character motifs to include in it. So far all that I have are Jacen, Jaina, and Tenel Ka. Who else is there that will be in these episodes?

EDIT: Here is a thought: this could give us the oportunity to do our first rough work together to see how it turns out. If I could provide some music for you to animate to, do you think that you could produce a short 2 minute cartoon as an intro to the show? That would at least give us something concrete to look at.

23. Rachel_Moonstar

Apr 9, 2003
    I like that thought. We sould definetly do that. :)

24. Rachel_Moonstar

Apr 9, 2003
    I colored the middle drawing.
    I like the smudges. :)

Link to site is in sig.

I go sleep now.

I think.

25. Jedi_Alman

Apr 9, 2002
    Again, I really do like those pictures. It is easy for me to imagine them as part of a cartoon.

Hey, how do you think it would look if Jaina were holding some tools there. Looks to me like she's working on something. One thing, though. I think Jaina looks a little old in that picture. Aren't the twins supposed to be around 14 in this cartoon?

Anyway, I'm continuing to tweek this theme that I'm working on. I'm just going to have to come up with some more character motifs and insert them. But I still don't know which characters to do that for. I see that the major characters will be Jacen, Jaina, Tenel Ka, Kyp, Luke, Mara and Tionne. But if this is a cartoon for the YJK, I was thinking of just doing characters like Jacen, Jaina, Tenel Ka, Lowbacca, Raynar and Zekk. But I just don't know if that is what I should do or not. I can't really finish this piece until I know what to put in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.