main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY YJN Charity Softball Game

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB, Mar 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    This was sent from Young Jedi Niagra

The charity that Y.J.N. supports is: Women?s Place ? St. Catharines. Women?s Place is a shelter for abused women and children.

The Event:
    First Annual Charity FanForce Softball Tournament (or ForceBall Tournament if you prefer).

Date & Time:
    At this point we are looking to hold the event on the last weekend of June; that date being Saturday, June 26th, 2004 (rain date to be determined).
    Since the tournament will be a ?round robin? tournament, we are expecting the event to start around 10:00am, with a finish time before dark.
    For those chapters driving longer distances we are willing to accommodate you by having your start times later in the day, along with housing for those who wish to stay the night at a YJN members home.

For The Winners:
    The YJN Chapter is speaking to a local sports-store owner who has expressed a willingness to make an ?Official ForceBall Trophy?/w engraving, that will be awarded to the winner of the tournament, along with bragging rights of being the first every ForceBall winners.

The members of Y.J.N. have already started some of the initial legwork and we are pleased to announce that the City of Thorold, ON is willing to wave all fees for a ballpark, to be at our disposal. The park includes: ball diamond, lights (if needed), dugouts, bleachers, allowance for a bar-b-q, and a few other smaller items.

We are planning on doing an extensive advertising campaign for the event (newspaper, radio, flyers). And some members of the community have even already approached us offering to donate items towards the event.

For the event we will be asking each team member (or team group) to make a small cash donation (to be determined) towards the Women?s Shelter in order to play in the ForceBall Tournament. We will also be asking for either a toy or cash donation from each of the guests (not mandatory). During and after the event a bar-b-q and refreshment stand will be available for players and guests alike. Food will be donated form local businesses with profits of the sales going towards the Women?s Shelter.

Since this event relies greatly on your participation, I?d like to request that you present the event to your respective chapter members as soon as possible. We are in need of knowing how many teams are willing to participate and the numbers of people willing to attend, either to play or just socially interact.

Sincerely,
    Chris Leigh
    YoungJediNiagara

2. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    One question at this point....fastpitch or slowpitch?

hehe....

3. JediAgent

JediAgent Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    What Katie's trying to say is "Fast pitch.... you're all dead! 8-}"

4. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    I can't help it! After playing 13 years there's always going to be an itch. ;)

Edit: Actually, if it is fastpitch, the hardest thing would be to find a catcher for me...hmm...

5. JediAgent

JediAgent Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    *puts finger on nose* NOT IT!

6. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I think its funny that our forum has no thread on this yet :p

7. Java_Jedi

Java_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Sorry for butting in. :) The tourney will be slopitch on a softball diamond. There is no way I can get us a fastball diamond thst time of year. :(

The diamond we are working on is really great though and has tons of stuff for us. Even a water park for the kids that might be coming. :0 we how love to see you guys come out and play. I should have more details realy soon. :)

8. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    D'oh! I was really hoping you'd say fastpitch...eventhough I knew that was a long shot. ;)

9. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Bump

We have updated the list, in the Niagara Forum, of people coming, either to play or just to enjoy a group outing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.