main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON **YJN Charity Softball Tournament ("Forceball")

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Lelila, Mar 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Just wanted to give the heads up about another multichapter YJN events that looks like it will be a blast!

========================================
    Greetings FanForce Members/Friends,

With the start of the upcoming summer, the Y.J.N. Chapter would like to cordially invite you to take part in it?s first official charity event of the year. The event, we hope, will become an annual event, something that all of our chapters can look forward to with the start of each summer.

The charity that Y.J.N. supports is: Women?s Place ? St. Catharines. Women?s Place is a shelter for abused women and children.

The Event:
    First Annual Charity FanForce Softball Tournament (or ForceBall Tournament if you prefer).

Date & Time:
    At this point we are looking to hold the event on the last weekend of June; that date being Saturday, June 26th, 2004 (rain date to be determined).
    Since the tournament will be a ?round robin? tournament, we are expecting the event to start around 10:00am, with a finish time before dark.
    For those chapters driving longer distances we are willing to accommodate you by having your start times later in the day, along with housing for those who wish to stay the night at a YJN members home.

For The Winners:
    The YJN Chapter is speaking to a local sports-store owner who has expressed a willingness to make an ?Official ForceBall Trophy?/w engraving, that will be awarded to the winner of the tournament, along with bragging rights of being the first every ForceBall winners.

The members of Y.J.N. have already started some of the initial legwork and we are pleased to announce that the City of Thorold, ON is willing to wave all fees for a ballpark, to be at our disposal. The park includes: ball diamond, lights (if needed), dugouts, bleachers, allowance for a bar-b-q, and a few other smaller items.

We are planning on doing an extensive advertising campaign for the event (newspaper, radio, flyers). And some members of the community have even already approached us offering to donate items towards the event.

For the event we will be asking each team member (or team group) to make a small cash donation (to be determined) towards the Women?s Shelter in order to play in the ForceBall Tournament. We will also be asking for either a toy or cash donation from each of the guests (not mandatory). During and after the event a bar-b-q and refreshment stand will be available for players and guests alike. Food will be donated form local businesses with profits of the sales going towards the Women?s Shelter.

Since this event relies greatly on your participation, I?d like to request that you present the event to your respective chapter members as soon as possible. We are in need of knowing how many teams are willing to participate and the numbers of people willing to attend, either to play or just socially interact.

Sincerely,
    Chris Leigh
    YoungJediNiagara
    ========================================
    With so few of us, we can't exactly put a full team together, but I think this would be fun nonetheless, perhaps we could combine with another chapter.
    Though it's hard to say because I'm not sure exactly what I'll be doing, I'd definitely like to go!

2. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    Does Durham have a spot on one of the teams? :p

3. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I would definately like to go, and no, we would not be able to create our own team. :( Maybe if people who aren't really part of any chapter could join us we could.

4. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    I posted something on Toronto, I figured that we could just be a team with them since Matt and I are members of both anyway. Of course if an overwhelming number of people want to be a part of that team, we can form our own outliers team :)

5. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Bump

We have updated the list, in the Niagara Forum, of people coming, either to play or just to enjoy a group outing.

6. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I'm definately coming to play, baseball is a big thing with my family, and it may amuse some to see me playing in a skirt....

I may also be able to bring extra gloves and maybe some bats if needed, if I can get them from my dad's place. I think we also have some plastic bases still.

anyway, Peter may be able to come, but if he does, he's just watching.

7. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

*waves hand elusivly*

You will join the Toronto Team... Ooooooo

*flees into the darkness*

(If anyone tries to attack the darkness now, I am SO casting Mortan's watch dog... TO ATTACK YOU ALL! HAHAHHAHA )

8. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    Hi Janet :)
    Are you still coming out to play? If you can, can you post in the Toronto thread? Cuz we're just going to combine for a team and be the "outside St. Cat's" team.

9. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    If you need a place to stay, our house is always avalible if needed.

10. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    I talked to Janet - she's not available that day, she's working and she doesn't have a car. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.