main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON YJN Costumes

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Woofer, Mar 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    With Episode 2 coming up faster than it seams(!) I thought to start up a message thread about costumes.

We can start off by listing what costumes(if any) you plan to wear in the Ep 2 line-up. Maybe we can avoid having two dozen Slave Leias that way.

Also you can discuss the problems you are having with your costume, there is a lot of costuming experience around, and maybe we can help you.

Already have your costume and are updating it? Let us know.

2. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    I'll start.

I'm updating my black jedi costume. I'm going to get a larger karate gi so my tunic will be longer, and look more like the style of Jedi costume worn by Mace Windu.

As for boots, I'm thinking of going with something like this:

[image=http://www.stompersboots.com/catalog/graphics/30hole3.jpg]

There is a place at Seaway Mall that sells something similar... only I don't think the laces are very Star Wars-like.. so I'm considering using something to cover the lace part, or maybe do up lots of little wide black elastics to go across the opening.

I've made a few doo-dads for the belt, including a comlink, and making something that will probably be a breather.

I'll probably redo the belt, and maybe add a few more pouches.

There are so many small things to add to the costume I can keep myself busy well past the release of the movie, like any good costume, it will never be completely done, but be a breathing living item.

3. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    I want a star wars costume :( Unfortunatly the cost of my anime costumes every year sets me back from $150-300 (stupid satin and silk)... so I don't see myself ever affording a starwars one :(

4. Dalponis

Dalponis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2001
    I'm going to need to find out how much its going to cost for a Chewbacca costume. Anybody have an Idea?

5. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    You can rent a Chewie costume somewhere in Niagara Falls. Better ask Andrew next time you see him.

As for me, I'll be going once again as Han Solo.

Pictures

Oh, and John, do we NOT want to have two dozen Slave Leias?

6. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Trevor:

Want to try and make a Chewbacca costume?

Here is a good thread on it with lots of links on how to make one.

7. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    My costume is the rainbow dress from where Padme and Anakin first kiss on the balcony.

I only have to get the choker and arm braclets, but I am wearing the hair a little different I think

I figured if there's any men in the 20-24 age range watching us that'll get me more attention than a Daala costume ;)

You won't get to see it until the premiere but people should take pics cause you won't see me in a dress again until ep 3!

Then I think I will paste pics of me over ones of Natalie kissing Hayden ;)

8. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Well obviously I'm going as Boba Fett :)
    [image=http://www.dragobit.com/yjn/FF/TXP_8311.jpg]

9. CranieAmidala

CranieAmidala Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2001
    I still don't know what costume I'm going to do. I don't know how to make one either.
    lol
    Yes I know time is running out.

10. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    I'm still planning on doing the green Mara Jade, costume.

I already have all that main parts, but I still just need a couple of smaller things to add, plus a lightsaber.

Besides from that, I'm set ;)

11. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    I can help you make a lightsaber Bay.

Even though I haven't quite finished mine, I keep an eye out for parts, and might even make a few others eventually.

12. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    Here's a photo of my new costume that Graeme took for me.....

[image=http://www.dragobit.com/chris/Laurie.jpg]

If you want to know how I made it...go to

my Padme AOTC battle costume

Now all I have to do is become anorexic....and grow a new face like Natalie Portman....before May 16th. LOL 8-}

I guess everyone already knows that I have Darth Sidious, Senate Gown Amidala, EP I Padme, Podracer Anakin, and Princess Leia costumes made already. I am now working on Zam Wesell (for Eryn), and Count Dooku (for Mitch) for the Episode II lineup....wish me luck!!! [face_plain]

13. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Is that pond inlet?

Looks nice :)

14. dreamweaver_YJN

Oct 9, 2001
    You have a keen eye, young Jedi......it is INDEED Pond Inlet....us Brock Grads have spent many a day skipping classes there....LOL!!! ;)

Boba Fett and Han Solo had their "Official Costume Photo Shoot" done there too....great spot!!

15. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Did people look at you weird when you got that done? ;)

You make me want to get my anime costume finished before I'm done exams so I can have my picture taken at pond inlet :(

And lastly, you used a WHAT for the armband?

16. dreamweaver_YJN

Oct 9, 2001
    YES!!! Some people do look at you kinda weird...but that's half the fun of it!!!

The best part is holding your weapons in a real and threatening way...and watching scared people run to tell the Brock 5-0!!! heh heh heh [face_shocked]

Did you go to the link??? I used a cut-in-half muffler coupling for the armbands...you can find them in the automotive section of Canadian Tire.

17. Jedi_Padawan_Padme

Jedi_Padawan_Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 20, 2001
    Laurie I jsut wanna say with the hair and everything....you're costume looks really really awesome!

18. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Muffler coupling o_o Wow. What a good idea.

19. VaderJay

VaderJay Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    well everyone knows what costume I'm doing...
    [image=http://www.dragobit.com/chris/jayvader1.jpg]

20. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Awesome, Jay! Is that you in that or is it the mannequin you set up?

21. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Stare at the picture Nick. If he blinks, its Jay, otherwise its the mannequin.

22. VaderJay

VaderJay Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    It's me.........Crystal wanted to try her new camera.......so I put on the suit and got tons of new pics :)

23. Apprentice_Anakin

Apprentice_Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Sep 17, 2001
    I have an Anakin Skywalker (episode II) costume. It's pretty good, but I'm having my mother make another one. If anybody would like to buy it off of me, it looks exactly like anakin's brown Jedi garb with the two black leather straps. The only diference is that my leather is a lot thinner. Email me at: apprentice_anakin@hotmail.com

24. Jedi_Padawan_Padme

Jedi_Padawan_Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 20, 2001
    Well, I got the pictures back of laurie and I from the party at Mark's. If I had a scanner, I would get them on here, but I don't, so I can't! lol.

My mom thinks they look good, she even thinks the padme costume suits me! But she still thinks we're weirdos. lol.

Ok, well, that's all!

25. dreamweaver_YJN

Oct 9, 2001
    Dooku's tunic is done...............
    and that Zam chick has got the most bad-ass vest you ever saw...heh heh heh [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.