main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON YJN Costumes

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Woofer, Mar 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Java_Jedi

Java_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    homer or the trooper??? or a cross between the two....lol..j/k :)... The trooper looks cool though.

2. legoman

legoman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 14, 2002
    If anyone still needs a costume for the grape and wine, Act 1 on St. Paul st. in the falls has a wide variety of star wars costumes. Most are cheap cloth costumes, but there are a few really good ones. They also have some great masks, like kit fisto, plo koon, and many others.

3. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Question towards Chris, Who did you get to do your robes, your latest ones?

Shaden *^_^*

4. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    answered via IM

5. TI-011

TI-011 Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2002
    And in case anyone doesnt know...
    I have a bitchin Tie Pilot costume on the go. I have the Don Post helmet, black flightsuit, gloves, boots, unfinished flack armour (I created from fiberglass, made my molds) unfinished chestbox (just need to put together, paint) air tubes, and belt (plus some electronic goodies). I just need the arm patches and about 8 more hours to complete.

6. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Great to hear! Can you get some pics posted?

7. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    ZAM NEEDS A RIFLE!

I would really like to get a Zam rifle made for Eryn for the Grape and Wine Parade...but it's really hard to find an old wood and metal pellet gun. If anyone has ANY old rifle they would be willing to sell for $20 or less...please contact me as soon as possible. It can be a BB gun or a child's toy. I can't believe I sold Matt's Davy Crockett Frontier Rifle at a garage sale a few years ago *smacks forehead*

8. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    There ya go Laurie.. never get rid of anything!!!!

You don't need to go for a BB gun to make Zam's rifle though.. you could also do one up using pvc pipe and a make the trigger and stock from a toy rifle you can buy at the dollar store...

9. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    that's exactly what was done for Graeme's Boba Fett rifle. It was made in about 8 hours with a toy revolver, PVC piping and a wooden stock.

10. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Well I just finished my jetpack, rifle, and neck piece. I will have photos of my costume in development at this web page.

11. BobaFett_YJN

May 27, 2001
    ATTENTION!!

All people with costumes that have helmets or need a different voice, Walmart has some voice changers for $8 each. The settings are "monster" (deeper), "alien" (high and garbled a bit) and "own" (your voice, just a bit distorted). I use the "own" setting for my Boba Fett and it works great. I highly recommend Jason uses one for his Vader, Stormtrooper and Royal Guard, and Andrew for his Chewbacca. Anyone else in need of this should definitely go buy one.

12. VaderJay

VaderJay Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    Thanks Greame.........Im going to check it out.........:)

oops typo Gremlins.......I'm sorry Graeme

13. BobaFett_YJN

May 27, 2001
    You're welcome Jya!

14. StarWars_Vixen

StarWars_Vixen Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    oops!&^%$&^(*^ signed in under wrong name.......lol

Jason......... :)

15. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Jay (Or Crystal) You own one... I have it right now (Jay lent it to me for a fanfilm that never was post produced... yet). I'll bring it to the next thing we're all at (Probably G&W).

16. BobaFett_YJN

May 27, 2001
    ok, but Jay and Crystal may want some for the Stormtrooper and Royal Guards

17. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    OK seeing as we may be doing the Santa parade I need to think up a solution to my costume dilema because unless it is a fairly ok weather that day or I find a bodysuit I will not be able to go in my current costume.

I don't have a lot of time to do a new costume before then unless maybe I do an expanded universe character so I have some leeway in accuracy. I'm thinking of maybe doing Winter ( one of my favs and I hope her name reflects her dressing style) but I have no picture of her and I can't seem to find any online, and the SW encyclopedia only shows her head. I know that there is a smaller character book with a full length drawing of her but I did not see it at Chapters. I believe it is called the SW Guide to Characters (in same series as the Guide to aliens/vehicles/droids).

If anyone has this book and can show me a pic OR knows a web site with her on it this would be really appreciated. Then some day before the parade I can just throw some stuff together that I can buy after the Halloween stuff is discounted

18. Java_Jedi

Java_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Hey Jade... I coudn't find anything on Winter... then again I don't know all that much about EU... I did find a very nice pic of Wynssa Starflare though

LOL... I found some after all...lol

for a more dressed up look...

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/multimedia/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Images/Expanded_Universe/Characters_Female/Winter&image=winter.jpg&img=&tt=

and for a more battle ready look...

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/multimedia/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Images/Expanded_Universe/Characters_Female/Winter&image=Winter4.jpg&img=&tt=

hope this helps out a bit...

Edit::: new addies for found pics. :)

19. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    Thanks Dana!

I didn't notice that on fanforce since it was under multimedia

I'll try to see if I can do the dress one for the parade in time if not I'll see how much bodysuits are

20. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    These links will work a little better...

[image=http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Images/Expanded_Universe/Characters_Female/Winter/Winter4.jpg]

[image=http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Images/Expanded_Universe/Characters_Female/Winter/winter.jpg]

21. StarWars_Vixen

Jan 2, 2002
    Because I am not making enough money babysitting, I have come to like the idea of bounty hunting. I am once again switching costumes. I will now be Jango Fett. Thanks to ebay I have got a helmet and armor. I also just finish editing a vest for the costume. The only thing needed to complete the costume is the blue coveralls, wrist gauntlets, ammo belt pouches, gun holsters, and a jetpack. Still a long way to go but can't wait to see what it looks like when it is done. Any help or ideas on how to finish the costume would be greatly appreciated.

22. BobaFett_YJN

May 27, 2001
    Me can help, me can help!
    I can give you some good sites and some good advice. The gauntlets and jetpack are pretty tough to do, but if you get the right ingredients it can be not much of a problem.

I'm still dying to get a set of good armour and jetpack but I can't get enough money.

How much did you get it for, and from who?

Its gonna be great having my daddy in the club...I mean mummy...

23. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
  24. StarWars_Vixen

Jan 2, 2002
    Any help I can get will be great. I have been wanting to do it for awhile, but had to save up for it. The armor cost a pretty good penny but it is vacuum formed and comes with the feet , shins, thighs, cod, all chest armor, shoulder armor, and the backplate. I got it off ebay. The helmet is just a regular Don Post Boba Fett helmet that I had got before I seen the rubies Jango Fett. I am just going to modify this helmet. But any help on gauntlets and jetpack til I can get it off ebay will be great help.

25. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.