main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON YJN RPG SIG

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Jedi_Smallman, Feb 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Smallman

Jedi_Smallman Jedi Youngling star 3

May 9, 2002
    At the last meeting John brought up the idea of having different SIGs for different intrests.

Myself and a few others have expressed an interest in Role Playing Games (RPGs) such as The SW RPG, D&D (Dungeons and Dragons), and TMNT RPG (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles).

I would like to know who would be interested in starting up this SIG (post here or PM me)

Once I have a general idea of intrest we can begin to decide where and when to have it.

Looking forward to it.

-Kevin

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    OK, but I didn't use the term "sect". Makes us seem like an extremist organization!

The term generally used amongst other fan clubs appears to be Special Interest Groups (SIGs).

So yes, I would be interested in seeing a Gaming SIG develop; as well as a Book SIG and and a Costuming SIG.

3. Jedi_Smallman

May 9, 2002
    great more abreviations

4. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Well I would like to try my hand at gming a short couple of adventures with a few of us, since I am relatively well-versed on the SW RPG rules. But yes, as I said earlier I am definitely for helping head this up in some way.

5. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Whats this about Rocket Propelled Grenades?

6. Fanboy_Solo

Oct 7, 2001
    I dont think there are stats for those, Justin. I'll check to be sure :D

I'll see what I'm up to this weekend and see if anyone wants to play an adventure or two that I have.

7. Jedi_Smallman

May 9, 2002
    Update:

The first meeting of the RPG SIG was a great success. We continued Wil's SW d20 campiagn. It was alot of fun.

The question is now. What Where and When do we continue?

The TMNT campaign should be ready by the end of the week. Any players for that are welcome aswel as any new players for SW d20 are welcome aswell (it should be easy with a good GM)

8. legoman

legoman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 14, 2002
    March break is coming up. I think that would be a good time to continue, as long as no one is going away for the week.

9. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Suggestion...

How about we set something up at Brock. Those who want to play can meet in the area Tim told us about (public). Those that want to hit the pool can do that also.
    Plus we can add a meeting in to go with it (mind you we have no new business to discuss...yet)

10. Fanboy_Solo

Oct 7, 2001
    Success, it was, Kevin. Now that we've played the game the first time around with each other and I know what the characters are capable of, I won't just be throwing 8 stormtroopers at you! :D I also read over combat and some other sections once again; I think now that we seem to have the basics pretty much down we can let feats play in more.

Oh, and next time, we won't use any fancy-dancy figures to illustrate walking down a ladder (not naming names) :)

As for the TMNT, I'm looking forward to your campaign. For sure I'm in.

11. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    I am always interested in trying out a little RPG. Though the only experience I have is freestyle Online Roleplaying I would love an oppurtunity to try it in a new medium.

- When and where are you guys meeting next?
    - Is there room for one more person? Do you mind me joining in?
    - Do I need to prepare anything?
    - Do we get to create our own characters?

James

12. Fanboy_Solo

Oct 7, 2001
    Well the current campaign has 3 PC's. I guess 1 or 2 extra won't hurt (1 spot reserved for John).

Currently this campaign is being run on a weekend at my house. However, other campaigns and sessions could be run just about anywhere with a table and some peace and quiet. The characters essentially have the same characteristics, and they are changed along the way as the player wishes.

13. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    Well all I need is someone to teach me this stuff. I figured if I came out to an event and wacthed and maybe played a little i would get the hang of it and could get serious about it.

I just never know when wnaything is happening.

14. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Here is my suggestion...

How about a game this weekend at Phoenix Rising? Lots of tables, and maybe we can attract a few new members to YJN by having the games there once in awhile.

15. Jedi_Smallman

May 9, 2002
    well last weekend when nick and I went to P.R to pick up supplies. we couldn't even get into the back room. We were trampled by Yu-Gi-OH! kids

16. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Saturday may not be good, but Brian is open on Sunday as well.

We can try for a Saturday, might have to go earlier or later perhaps. I can also find out what times are good to grab a spot for say 6-8 people.

17. Fanboy_Solo

Oct 7, 2001
    Well we can see if there isnt a tournament this weekend and we can play there. That really is a good idea John. Never thought about drawing attention to YJN, especially in P.R.

18. Jedi_Smallman

May 9, 2002
    ok it's march break. whats going on date, time, place, game?

19. Fanboy_Solo

Oct 7, 2001
    We're looking to have a game wednesday.
    I hope no one minds, but I began writing my very own campaign on the side, along with John. It sometimes is tough to write based on Episode III speculation and non-written EU, and with most of us being relatively new to this, I wanted to start everyone off with first level characters so you get used to your character from day one.So as a second project I decided to start a Rebellion campaign.

It focuses on 3-5 young soldiers gaining entry to the Rebel Alliance, then helping fight the Empire over the events of pre-ANH to post-ROTJ, provided they survive.

Those who want to play (Kevin, Andrew, James, John, anyone), let me know, and we will probably have a game on Wednesday at Phoenix Rising or my house.

20. Jedi_Smallman

May 9, 2002
    sounds good

two questions however:

what about the sw campiagn already in progress?
    and
    When will TMNT be?

21. Fanboy_Solo

Oct 7, 2001
    1. I will continue that when I can and when Darth Digital is able to guide me along.

2. If your game is ready, we can play this wednesday

22. Jedi_Smallman

May 9, 2002
    ready? READY?!?!?!

I was born ready.

in other words yeah it'll be ready by then

23. legoman

legoman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 14, 2002
    I should be able to make it on Wednesday, but only if it's in the evening.

24. Fanboy_Solo

Oct 7, 2001
    Well get in touch with myself or John. If we cannot get a game tomorrow evening at Phoenix Rising, we can have it at my place again. I'm assuming Kevin and Andrew can make it as well as John (and anyone who would like to learn). Since we are starting from 1st level, n00bs (newbies) are welcome! :)

25. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    I wouldn't mind joining in. Any available room and/or rides?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.