Yo-Da Man

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by JMaster Luke, Nov 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. JMaster Luke Force Ghost

star 4
    I just finished showing a friend of mine the star wars saga from 1-6. This person never saw the OT and i started her with the new going to the old.

Anyways when we got done i told her how much of an impact it was to see Yoda fight for the first time in AOTC. Seeing as how in ESB and ROTJ Yoda didn't do anything. We knew he had great power (xwing) but we never saw him fight. And i was telling her how the crowds went crazy the first night when i we saw Yoda fight.

Anyways. Around the time of when AOTC came out i remember there being a clip on the internet. THis clip was of someone with his video camera attending some event. Comic Con? Star Wars convention? Not sure. But in the clip it show alot of ppl watching a theater type screen. And on the screen it had a trailer for a movie.

The trailer starts out looking like the Spiderman trailer (spiderman came out the same year as AOTC) So it has this spiderman background and it says a few things which i can't remember. SOmething maybe like "this summer there will be one hero" or something like that.

but point being then it shows Yoda with a lightsaber. And i remember the ppl in this clip went WILD! YELLING!

I wish i had saved this clip. But does anyone first of all know what clip i'm talking about, and does anyone have this clip?

I dont want that TRAILER i want that clip where it shows the crowd responding to that clip. I just want to show my friend how excited ppl were to see Yoda fight with a lightsaber. It was a great clip and i'd love to show her that. So if anyone has it please let me know. Thank you.
  2. JMN77 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I can't swear to it, but it reminds me of something I saw on one of the web-docs or something on disc 2 of AOTC.[face_peace]
  3. Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep

star 6
    It's on the DVD

**Shudders*** The horror...
  4. JMaster Luke Force Ghost

star 4
    Are you saying JUST the trailer, or the accual clip where it shows the fans responding to seeing the clip. I dont want the trailer, I want to see the clip of ppl going crazy when they saw that clip.
  5. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus

star 5
    The actual trailer on the AOTC special features disc. I think it's called "Action Hero" or something like that.
  6. solo77 Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah i recall that trailer..............pretty camp [face_sick]
  7. Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep

star 6
    Oh, I don't think the fan reaction is on the DVD.
  8. Jedi_Master_Eric Jedi Master

star 4
    I remember there was a shortlived trailer for the AOTC DVD. I began "Who da man?...Yo-Da Man." Then it showed Yoda with his saber, then some other clips. I remember thinking it was cool, but now it seems kind of childish.
  9. halfwits-r-us Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Yo-Da man, was Yo-da stupid. Just the words, not the clips of him fighting or of Yoda fighting with the lightsabre in general, which I believe was really cool. But that ad was silly, although i do remember my mom getting a kick out of it.
  10. Lord_Alved_Pepom Jedi Knight

star 1
    does anyone need help with the stick up their butts?

gosh...heaven forbid a little humor in witty wordplay...lol.

I loved it, definately.
  11. Lars_Muul Chosen One

star 6
    Yeah, that was fun.

Yoda - he has no shoes
    /LM
  12. JMaster Luke Force Ghost

star 4
    So no one remembers that clip that was going online of showing fans reaction to watching that trailer?
  13. ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master

star 4
    It was mocking Spiderman obviously. [face_plain]
  14. Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost

star 4
    The Spiderman spot is great fun.
    The Yo-Da Man is IMO, meh.
  15. JMaster Luke Force Ghost

star 4
    Does anyone even know what clip i'm talking about though? It might of been at Comic-Con (really dont know where) But it was someone with his video camera amongst a big cround in the 100's. They're is this somewhat theater size screen infront of the crowd, and a trailer pops up. At first it looks like its a ad for spiderman, but then it shows Yoda.

When it shows Yoda the crowd goes WILD! Its such a cool clip. Does anyone have this clip of the crowd going wild at seeing Yoda for the first time with a saber?
  16. Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep

star 6
    Probably was at a comic con. Sounds like the kind of thing that would play there.

The Spiderman spot is great fun.
    The Yo-Da Man is IMO, meh.

SW just doesn't need to rip off pop-culture. SW defines pop-culture. That's why those trailers bugged me.
  17. TigerCraneFist Chosen One

star 4
    I remember the clip, but I don't still have it, sorry.
  18. IEatPoodoo Jedi Master

star 4
    The clip is not on the DVD. The commercial is, but not the clip with the audience reaction. It was taped at Celebration 2, which was held during Spider-Man's opening weekend. I do not have the clip, but maybe that extra info will help you on your quest.
  19. theN00_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    That's kind of what bugged me about AOTC, they tried way to hard to compete with spiderman, and in the end, got blown out of the water anyway..

*Spiderman:Box Office
    *AOTC:Box Office

There's no reason why that should ever have happened. Star Wars should never have been out preformed by a guy in a rubber spider suite
  20. emporergerner Jedi Master

star 4

Yeah spider man is pretty laim.

Emporer Gerner Dark Lord of the Sith
Moderators: Bazinga'd
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.