Hou, TX Yo fellow star wars people...

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Qris-DawnVires, May 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qris-DawnVires Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hello! I'm a newbie and I thought I should start talking with other Star Wars people because I am pretty sure my family is tired of my talking about the all-awesome star wars with them.
    so I was wondering, who went to the AMC 30 Gulf Pointe midnight showing? and I read the previous boards and saw the guy with the Jango Fett suit. I thought I saw you there...
    You all seem very interesting so please post something!
  2. Fingorfin Jedi Master

star 4
  3. goldbubbly Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi! many Houston FF people went to the AMC gulfpointe theater :) I wasn't one of them though :( Feel free to make your way around the boards though, and if you need help feel free to PM me or one of the other FF people.
  4. infamous Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Greetingz from the dark side. Lord Infamous welcomes you.
  5. bebo_lokk Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yup, that was me in the Jango armor :D
    There was probably a good dozen or so of us at the AMC 30 midnight showing. Good to have you on board. Are you from the south side of town as well?
  6. troops Jedi Padawan

darn soutsiders!!

Welcome
  7. Queenie Amidala Force Ghost

star 5
    Woo hoo South side! ;)

Welcome, Qris!
  8. Vadersnoghri Jedi Knight

star 1
    Welcome, glad to have you on board. I was one of the people at #15 at Gulf Point 30. I got there about 11 that night and sat with some friends on the 3rd row from the front. Loved It, and plan on seeing it again.
  9. crystala Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hello and welcome to the board. I unfortunately was unable to make it to the Gulf Pointe showing. If you are looking for people who love Star Wars then you have definately come to the right place. I hope to see you at the next meeting.

Btw, I am trying to see AOTC as many times as possible, and I know many of the people on here as well are trying to do the same thing. If you'd ever want to go and would like some company just ask and I'm sure at least a couple of people on here would love to join you.
  10. Qris-DawnVires Jedi Knight

star 1
    woo hoo! you people are awesome! yep-i'm from pearland...
    that Jango armor is so awesome! I sitting in line for Cinema 14 and had my obi-wan lightsaber (my cloak has mysteriously disappeared...) and the group of people sitting just kinda glanced over and we saw Jango Fett! we were so surprised and so happy! :)
    Does anyone know the guy who was fully dressed in Jedi, tall, walked into the AMC circle outside really quietly but had strong presence and had a lightsaber that didn't collapse (like the newer ones...and it was green)? the lightsaber, i'm thinking, was from the original '70s edition...so you know...if you just happen to know that Jedi guy drop a line please!
  11. bebo_lokk Jedi Knight

star 2
  12. Qris-DawnVires Jedi Knight

star 1
  13. Darth Dorky Jedi Master

star 1
    Wow, there be more people from Pearland here (on this board)than you can shake a stick at :D
  14. DECO_DROID Jedi Youngling

star 1
    i was at the gulfpointe opening, and in my anh obi-wan outfit. we had a great time, qris. were you in costume as well? whenever i finally get around to having my pics developed, i'll try to post here.

a friend of mine was at willowbrook that night, and said channel 2 was there. did anyone here go to the willowbrook showing? were there many people in costume?

we went back to gulfpointe in costume last week, but no one else was dressed up. the people there were quite surprised to see us. we'll probably dress up one more time, and then that's it till ep3 (or maybe until the next costume contest?)
  15. Qris-DawnVires Jedi Knight

star 1
    I just have to say deco_droid that you looked so awesome! :) I hope I get to see you again because it just blew my mind! hee hee...and I wasn't dressed up, unfortunately. But I was in line for cinema #14 and we played scrabble while we were waiting if you just happen to see a crowd of Asian kids...I would be possibly be there. I only brought my Obi-Wan lightsaber, and how is your lightsaber?
    So if you're not busy, drop a line!
  16. bebo_lokk Jedi Knight

star 2
    Let me know when you go dressed! I wanna go. I'll wear a different costume, perhaps I'll be done with Anakin so I can be your Padawan. Or maybe my stormtrooper (even though they aren't in the show)

Buck
  17. Qris-DawnVires Jedi Knight

star 1
    exactly how many costumes do you have? Do you just spontaneously make them? (I wish I could do that... :) ) but cool, I have to bring the rest of my sisters to watch AOTC, so we'll see, okay? oh yeah-I finally found the post of your pics and you and your son look so awesome! woo hoo!

***it's tooo early to be humanly possibly awake...
  18. WJGlory Jedi Knight

I was at the AMC 30 midnight showing as well. As a matter of fact I was sitting next to Jango aka Buck. LOL.
  19. Qris-DawnVires Jedi Knight

star 1
    WJGlory, were you dressed up? and what cinema were you all in again?
  20. BabyPadme Jedi Knight

star 1
    i was also there....me and pollo got there around 5:30pm....at around 7pm people we recognized showed up and they somehow ended up right behind us. heh... :) i didnt mind. I thought it was fun seeing everyone.....back to my point.....i was also there for the midnight showing. :)
  21. WJGlory Jedi Knight

I was at GulfPoint AMC 30. I didn't dress up unfortuatnly. I was in theatre 15.
  22. BabyPadme Jedi Knight

star 1
    also in theater 15....i think most of the people that went to the midnight showing that are in ff were...i think there are a few that said they were in 14 or 13....i dont know....but from what i have heard....theater 15 was the best cause of all of the stuff that was going in the front before the movie started.
    And cause it was the biggest auditorium there. I had fun! :)
  23. Vadersnoghri Jedi Knight

star 1
    Me too, I was in 15 also.
  24. Queenie Amidala Force Ghost

star 5
    My friend and I have both decided to make costumes. She would like to make a Padmé costume, and I had mentioned creating a Jedi costume. However, on second thought I would really like to make a Padmé costume, as well. She is my favorite PT character. I need to look into the costume forum more often. The question now is which costume to make. ?[face_plain]

I was also in theater 15. I've been in theater 15 four times for AOTC so far. I, too, like it because it, along with 16, is the biggest. So much better than watching in a smaller theater. :)
  25. JEDIKNIGHT01 Jedi Knight

star 1
    First off, hello Qris! It is a pleasure to see a yet a new jedi in the forum. I am fairly new myself. I have not seen AOTC at gulfpoint but my wife and I saw it at Edwards cinema on memorial day and it was nice there.
    And, speaking of costumes, do you guys have patterns or are you basically letting your creative abilities guide you in constructing costumes? Just curious 'cause I was needing some jedi threads and was just goning to buy some. Hope to hear more on this and once again welcome Qris!

Master Cris-Le-Calis
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.