main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Yo fellow star wars people...

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Qris-DawnVires, May 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    I agree. I saw it at Edward's, and I was very impressed. That is indeed a nice theater. I wish there was one on my side of town. :)

2. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    The Edwards was nice. I might have to go back there. I saw it in digital today...WOW!

3. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    much better in digital was it? I have not managed to see it in digital yet...guess i'll look into it now...

4. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    I know, it's driving me insane. I must see it in DLP now. I can't handle it. If it means driving up to Dallas and back in a day. ;)

5. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    Road Trip!

6. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
  7. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    It is certainly worth it. I wanted to stay for another show today, but my friends wanted to get home. They obviously do not have their priorities in order.

8. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    [face_laugh] LOL!

So, it's really worth it, eh? Hmm...I wanted to see it in DLP, but Dallas sure is a lot of effort. But, you really think it is worth driving up there for that?

How long do you think AOTC will be on the DLP screen?

9. FusionBlaster

FusionBlaster Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 17, 2001
    Oh, we have our priorities Fin. We had to come home to rub it in other peoples faces! :p

In conclusion, BoB rules.

10. dracula766

dracula766 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    I honestly didn't notice a huge difference with the digital version until i saw it again in a regular theater & it seemed crappy

11. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    You were the one that threatened to leave me if I stayed!

I will be going back to see it there again. Does that tell you how impressive it is? I will call them sometime this week to see if they can tell me how long it will be there. Judging by today's crowd at a 1:00 show (almost sold out), it should be making enough money to justify keeping it around for a few more weeks.

12. Qris-DawnVires

Qris-DawnVires Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    Master Cris-Le-Calis...
    thanks for your welcome! and no, there are no patterns...for me at least.
    what I did was to look at my toys and get pictures of the Jedi garb and draw my own personal, unique Jedi clothing.
    now the problem is...HOW AM I GOING TO DO IT? i know for sure you need the right cloth and you need to measure everywhere!!!!! aaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!! i asked bebo_lokk how he made/makes his and he said to use a karate gi. it's working for me, so if there's a last resort you could use it!
    and remember: do. or do not. there is not try.

13. DECO_DROID

DECO_DROID Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    we're going to see aotc with a few relatives tonight at (probably) willowbrook, and then our next viewing will be on june 8th around 8:00 in the plano dlp theater!!! okay, question for dlp'ers: is the theater selling out for evening shows? should we get there early for tickets still? also, do the crowds there seem like sw fans or just the general moviegoers? i'm trying to decide if we should wear our costumes there.

also, for you guys looking for "jedi robe fabric" - i found all mine at a local wal-mart in the clearance fabric area. you may have to check back several times to find it, since they add more fabrics throughout the week. it cost me about $2 a yard so i cleaned them out! unfortunately, i've used all i had...

finally, i saw aotc at the edwards theater as well, and it seemed like the sound was better, but visually, the same as gp 30.

thanks for any input!

14. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    We showed up at the Plano DLP about half an hour before the show and had no problem getting tickets or decent seats. However, a Saturday night might be a different story. The crowd seemed to be a typical movie crowd with a few Star Wars fanatics thrown into it.

15. Darthmusic

Darthmusic Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    Hey guys I thought I'd chime in on the DLP subject. I saw it in Plano a week ago on a Saturday night at 11:00pm and it sold out. You can get tickets online at Cinemark.com or Fandango.com. There's a section that lists the showtimes on digital theaters.

I was up there for my niece's graduation but I'd say it would be worth a roadtrip in my opinion. The clarity and sound are amazing. The special effects looked so real. The sound just blew me away.

16. JEDIKNIGHT01

JEDIKNIGHT01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    Thanks Qris! I will try that. I have been making lightsabers for the past year and a half and I would like to have the clothes to go with them. I did see a website called www.clicket.com and they have some cotumes. Not really that great but the jedi robe they sell looks nice. Once again welcome and thanks.

Master Cris-Le-Calis

17. Qris-DawnVires

Qris-DawnVires Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    AAAHHHH!!! i need to see it in digital! i can't go to plano! "so far away...doesn't anybody stay in one place...anymore..." hee hee :)
    if someone just so happens to take the digital machine thing from plano and bring it back to houston...that would be great!
    i'm just kidding, please don't steal! :)
    so you all have fun!
    and I just finished moving rooms around...like my star wars room went upstairs instead of downstairs where little baby hands can touch and ruin it. it's kinda sad at how obsessed I am, but I'll post pictures if you all are curious...
    i'm hungry...
    have a great day everyone!

18. AlexiAlexander

AlexiAlexander Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    There is a Star Wars Pattern that you can buy at a fabric store, I think it is a Butterick. It looks dumb on the package , but if you add two over the shoulder thingies ( like thay have in the movies) you can get a decent Jedi tunic. Simplicity has a patern for a hooded cloak that is just perfect and easy to make. For pants, hmmm, I have yet to pick a pattern to use as pants but I'm thinking that just about any pattern for loose fitting pants will do. As for fabrics, I recommend linnen for the tunic and pants and wool (if you can find it) for the cloak. One more tip, never pay full price for anything at a fabric store, everything always goes on sale.

19. JEDIKNIGHT01

JEDIKNIGHT01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    Thanks for the tip! I looked the other day at wal-mart and did not see anything. I will have to try a better place.

Master Cris-Le-Calis

20. Jaina_S_Fel

Jaina_S_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    Well, I'm hoping to be Aayla Secura for Halloween so I might just wear that three agonizingly long years from now or I might finally find some brown wool (I've been scouring fabric stores for 2 years and haven't found any yet) and get started with a normal jedi rig.

BTW...I'm looking into foam latex for my lekku, but if that turns out to be hideously expensive/hard to work with/in any way impossible, do any of you have any suggestions?

21. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    My current plan is to do the light blue, Tatooine Padmé costume in time for Halloween. I'm not sure how to do it, yet, but the folks over at the Costume and Props board sure do. These people know all. If you have any questions, I highly suggest checking that forum out. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.