main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yo Joe! SF*2009 Group Costume Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by LadyoftheMandalore, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Thanks Zoo, you rock!

I primed the helmet and backpack, but had to do it inside which I would rather not do again. So will wait for the weather to change before finishing the painting. My friend removed the pockets on my jumpsuit, and I would like to get the arms taken in on that before the patches are put on.

2. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Flash's Flak Pads

Probably it's best to sew the leg and arm pads to the jumpsuit. We can rig a hook to the suspenders on the top and maybe a strap for the midsection.

3. Nerfherders

Apr 26, 2002
    Wow, those looks great!

4. gundarkhunter

gundarkhunter Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2008
    Agreed, those look awesome, Zoo!

5. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Just call me the RMFF Quartermaster [face_laugh]

6. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    awesome will check that out. might look on ebay for backpack too.....i know cutting it close! but when you have no funds...you know what i mean. ;)

7. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    not exactly the same, but i think this would work...whatdoya think?

8. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Oh i like this one better and it's cheaper.

Here is Bombstrikes stuff. I am not getting all of those guns. I think just the side arm. :)

9. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Got all the material cut out and I'm ready to sew. It went from me not having to sew anything for dh to sewing the entire suit. Not a super happy camper about it but the costume will look a ton better then mix & match.

Most likely will do a iron on for his logo. I'm hoping the guns & crossbow will come in time as well as my boots.

Washed my BDU pants last night & they look charcoal grey now, but what can I do? They will have to do.

Still have to take back dh's BDU's because we will not need them and to make his costume is 1/2 the price of what we originally bought.

Still need to figure out gloves (might make those) and knee pads, I hope I can get this sewn up this week. Payroll week, so it will be tough.

10. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    SC i have the paper if you need to do an iron on transfer...it works pretty well, but you need an ink jet printer. :)

11. Doni

Doni Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    Okay, so the Army surplus store on the NW end of town is on Pecos right off Hwy 36. And it's pretty awesome. I'd never been there before, but it's got pretty much everything: BDUs, uniforms, packs, pouches, holsters, tactical vests, patches, rank pins. My next costume idea is steampunkish, and I got lots of ideas just wandering around. If you're looking for odds and ends you might try it.

12. gundarkhunter

Nov 2, 2008
    Do you happen to know what their store hours are?

13. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday, and 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.

https://secure.armysurplusforless.com/index.php

14. gundarkhunter

Nov 2, 2008
    Thanks, DH! :D

Got my balaclava today! It looks and fits great. Should have the last of my costume by next monday-I hope.

15. Nerfherders

Apr 26, 2002
    Yeah thats a good store. I got the jumpsuit, belt, webbing, gloves, and boots there.

16. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I got my pants there, dh got his helmet. Most everything else is from ebay.

17. gundarkhunter

Nov 2, 2008
    I have just about everything now. Had to re-order my weapon, though. What I got looked a whole lot bigger on the website. Just hoping it arrives in time...

18. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    in search of a wig...

19. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    My gloves were the last thing we ordered but the first thing that arrived, they were in Ft. Morgan, but it came from a smokers house [face_sick]

We should be getting everything else today. dh did my belt buckle yesterday & it looks great!

Tonight I start on dh's suit, it's the same pattern that they say to use for the Imp. Officers Uniform, so if I get good at it?????? ....... ???????

All the tiny details of the costumes will be figured out the day before or so, we will see what we can get away with or without. I'm thinking I could do without the knee pads if I run out of time, but I have to have the tan armor pieces and red arm bells for sure.

20. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Oh, and I'm dying my hair, I think the shine on most wigs make it look ultra fake.

[image=http://scarlett.virtualogik.com/images/angie_pic1.jpg]

Point in case.

21. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    This one is not as bad, but it doesn't look like she is under extreme lights like the other photo.

[image=http://static.flickr.com/1153/1398345528_16a558c376.jpg]

So what's up with the tight skinny belt & then the strange pouches on a different belt? I'm going to have some of that going on but I imagine it much different.

Although I do wish I was built like her :(

22. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    got a visit from the ups guy today. got kims boots, 1 machine gun, 1 80 lb crossbow (were supose to get a 50 lb but i aint bichin) and 4 pistols. thought were getting a set of 2 but upon closer inspection the auction was for 2 set of 2for 1.99 plus $3 shipping!

so crossbow 6.99
    pistols 1.99
    machine gun 4.99
    and shipping was like $10 combined

23. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Kim that would be so cool if you dyed your hair. ;) You could do a wash out...one advantage of being blonde. ;)

i would have to strip mine and i just got it ALL back to brown...so i am going to have to go the wig route.

24. gundarkhunter

Nov 2, 2008
    I'm like 95% done with Firefly but I'm not going to be able to get the correct weapon:(.

I've looked and looked and found one toy tec-9 that could've come out of a cereal box and teh others are out of stock or can't be here before next Sat or cost 4 to 5 hundred bucks. I think I'm gonna have to settle for an Uzi. It look's '80s enough and any other SMG with the magazine well forward of the hand grip looks too modern ie HK's. I have the little toy tec-9 but even with a barrel extension, stock and magazine added it'll be way too tiny. Man, who'da thought it'd be so hard to find a gun in America?[face_flag]

25. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    To think I used to have a perfectly good toy Tec-9 that was pretty much full scale....

You all will look cool in costumes, tho'!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.