main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yo Joe! SF*2009 Group Costume Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by LadyoftheMandalore, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doni

Doni Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    I actually went and found that issue. She was part of a team developing a high-tech "star wars" type laser system (Hey, it was the 80's...). That's the one where she's wearing a lab coat and a dress slit up to her hip. I went with the BDU's and t-shirt instead. :)

She shows up now and then in the Devil's Due comics, more as support crew than anything else.

And SC, I really like that Scarlett, I can't wait to see it.

2. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    here are the knee pads i am bidding on. he said if i win he will ship them out today...

3. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Nice. I haven't even thought about knee pads yet, hmmmm. I will on Wed. or Thurs. No time now.

4. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    besides my gun, well and the iron on, i will print tonite i am done. wig on the way...

teeshirt, pants, boots, belt, hoilster, (or however it is spelled), backpack. now knee pads.

checking on radio still....

CRAP was out bid...will try used sports store.

5. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Mel, I have an extra pistol and holster (Right handed) if you want to borrow. Just let me know. When I put it on yesterday I realized that four handguns was overkill....three will do just fine. :D

6. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    OH yes please. :) hehehe that is funny. four hand guns. ;)

i canNOT find those gloves i bought when we all went to the flea market. [face_frustrated] but i do have another pair i can cut up and use. :)

7. gundarkhunter

gundarkhunter Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2008
    My costume will not be 100% 1984 figure, either. More like um...I dunno...90 or so? Everything is correct except I couldn't get a decent Tec-9 though not for lack of trying and my camo, although very firefly-ish has just a skosh of white and ought to be grey and dark grey. Also, no pack. Yet. Maybe by 8/7.

More like this with an Uzi...

[image=http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs14/f/2007/057/a/2/Firefly_Wallpaper_by_Fastfood.jpg]

or this...

[image=http://farm1.static.flickr.com/110/291281899_11dee54b03.jpg]

Than this...

[image=http://gijoewars.com/photos/Firefly1984.jpg]

Sorry I can't post my own pics.

8. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    finished my gloves...need to figure out out iron-on

9. kurtweinreich

kurtweinreich Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2006
    This is getting exciting. We should coordinate when we are all going to get together. I will be doing a couple of different costumes as well so I don't want to miss out on the group.

I think I have a pair of tactical elbow and knee pads, black and used someone could borrow.

10. LadyoftheMandalore

LadyoftheMandalore Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2007
    I switched to the Cover Girl from the movie coming out instead of either of the previous action figure or comic versions.

Just need to get an ammo belt and a black and white jacket for the costume, and I'm good. Trip to Army Surplus tomorrow to see if I can procure the items there. Paint is ready if necessary :)

11. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    well, my costume is almost done being sewn together. all of my belt/webbing bits are ready to assemble on wednesday.
    kims back armor and shoulder bells are vac'ed and need to be painted on wed, the chest mold needs to be sanded on wed and vac'ed. i didnt want the boobs to be lumpy... forming over clay doesnt work as well as over plaster plus with the plaster casting we will have a good base for fem-mando/baroness in the future.

just tried on my pants and jacket... they're awesome!

kurt, kim and i are probablly going to be in costume most of the late afternoon and evening.

COBRAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I am planning on getting into mine by five at the latest. Its really going to depend on how early I can check in and whether or not the Bean takes a nap. Its not horribly uncomfortable so I am okay with wearing it sooner (than five) IF I can check in at a decent time and the kid goes down easy. :D

Progress report: Power javelin is a pain in the keister. I have developed a strategy for the rocket thingies (sometimes they are rockets sometimes they are spears?) and have assembled a prototype. I have at least ten more hours of painting and prep for that weapon ALONE. All of my soft goods are complete, with the exception of sewing on one patch. If I work on it a few hours in the morning and evening each day that I have left, I should be done by friday. [face_worried]

13. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Tonight is a night off from costuming, I might get a wee bit in, but most likely not. dh & I have a date [face_batting]

Tomorrow is another story.

14. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    now that is sweet. :)

15. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I plan on being in this costume after we get back from dinner, which makes it between 5 pm and 6pm

16. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002

ME ME ME MEE....i just need the black knee pads. [face_dancing]

17. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Black BDUs have been purchased, and damn they are comfy. :p

All I need to do now is drop off the jacket with Zoo to get the shoulder piece attached, add some red cellophane to the goggles and I'm done. :)

18. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    got my ringer sewed on. :) i coucldn't find exactly what i was looking for so i did it myself. pants washed hang drying...going to print out the graphic tonite and iron it on...wish me luck!!!!

i think i am good.

19. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I still need to add the waistband to dh's pants, do one last fitting and then add the buttons (it's button fly, sweet!).
    Finish his shirt, I have to do that foldy over bib thing, don't know what it's called. Figure out how it's going to button, snap, velcro together and I think I'm done. We will need to iron on or silk screen the cobra on, then that's 100% done.
    I still need to make the baclova and I'm done sewing.

dh on the other hand has to finish my b00bies on the armor, vac it, paint it, fit it for that to be finished. The knee pads & arm bells need to be painted too. We still need to pick up the belt & holster from cyoda & then I'm set.

Lots to do in such a short time.

Oh, & I still have to dye my hair :p

20. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Nerf's coming by for a fitting tonight... So, hopefully that works out and I'm done, but for the strap.

Got Grimby's shirt this morning, so I can finish the shoulder pad, and the last of the sewing on his knee pads. With any luck... I'm totally done tonight. :)

21. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Since I have no money since my account was frozen I am at a dead stand still on finishing my costume. I needed to buy more water based paint for my spear bomb thingies, and was actually on my way to Lowes last night when I found out about my stolen debit card. :mad:

I did call the hotel and ask them if I can pay with cash (assuming the provisional credit from the bank goes through in time).

22. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002

Holster and belt picked up by DH just moments ago.

Jen's too..........sorry to hear about your debit card Mistress, what a pain......

23. kurtweinreich

kurtweinreich Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2006
    Okay, if my son hasn't liberated them for his Stargate yet. Also, are you guys talking about Friday afternoon or Saturday?

24. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    saturday....

25. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002

Thanks mel...and yes, it is a pain, but I am coming to starfest come hell or high water, because the gods know I need a break from this insanity...so....cannot wait to see it!!! [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.