Yo Joe! SF*2009 Group Costume Planning Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by LadyoftheMandalore, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. Sarnia WOTR Liaison

star 5
    put me down for Daina or Bombstrike or Captain Rebecca M Bristow
  2. SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR

star 7
    Yeah, it must flow like Gotham City did. We picked a character, posted the picture we were going to work off of (so everyone knows if it will fit the era, etc.) and ran with it.

I do think we need some main characters and last minute peeps can go as G.I's or Ninja's.

I don't like the idea of having a liason & being a messanger and having to make sure everyone's choices are ok with the 'other' group, etc. Get my drift.
  3. ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight

star 6
    Ungodly high numbers = Not fitting on the stage... Ergo, no costume contest

Besides, this group is big enough to pull off a more than decent showing of characters on its own. It only makes sense to team up with another group if it is A. going to bring the numbers up to a respectable level, or B. the need to pool resources is essential. In both cases, I just don't see it.
  4. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Knight

star 6
    Actually, there are quite a few in the garrison that have been planning on doing Cobra costumes for awhile. But the actual "Cobra HQ" site that's similar to the 501st isn't very friendly unless you buy exclusively from their members. It's kinda lame.

This is what I work on for about 5 minutes every month...

[image=http://powet.tv/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/CobraViperPit_2Figs.jpg]

I just dig that uniform. When we start our 3-gun team, we were thinking about using either Pit Viper uniforms or STARS uniforms (Resident Evil), since the other 3-gun teams wear somewhat matching uniforms (tie-dyed, flannel, real police uniforms, etc.), too. We just think it'd be cool to kick in doors and shoot things with real guns, without having the reality of things shooting back at us or trying to eat our brains. :p
  5. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Knight

star 6
    Also, from the new G.I.Joe movie, they've released a couple of costume shots...

Snake-Eyes 1
    Snake-Eyes 2
    Scarlett

The new uniforms look closer to military applications of the "bat suit" instead of the uniforms listed as "the least ethnically oppressive military uniforms on the planet" that G.I.Joe was notorious for.

6. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6

Well, the Lego guys didn't fit on stage, and they won. ;) Besides, could you imagine if we had us on stage, then brought in Cobras, down the aisles or something? [face_devil]

So... I'll wait on posting anything on the MG forums, but it would be very cool if we had a Cobra force to match our own heavily GI Joe force. IF we were to invite them over, and coordinate here, then that's fine by me. It could save effort.
  7. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Personally, I like more of the 80's toy version than the new stuff --more nostalgia factor.

And here's the list so far. Please chime in, confirm yes/no, etc:

Confirmed yes:
    BFett88: Cobra Commander
    darth_hair: Destro
    Jedi Girl of Corellia: Zarana
    Jedi_Knight_Birr: Bazooka
    LadyoftheMandalore: Cover Girl
    Mistress: Lady Jaye
    Obey Wann: Chuckles...... or could easily be Dusty.
    Obi_Wannabe: Shipwreck ?he has the beard!
    nnaydolem: Action Nurse
    RubberDuckTape: Scarlett
    Sarnia: Daina or Bombstrike or Captain Rebecca M Bristow
    SITH__CHICK: Baroness
    Zoom_Cthooga : Pit Viper

Possibles:
    ArchaicRebel: Major Blood
    Arrowheadpodracer: Snake Eyes
    Jthornto: Duke
    Taeriel: Jinx

Confirmed No:
    Reya: not available

Unknown
    Anthonymaul:
    BerusBantha:
    catz44:
    COS_Vader:
    Cyra_Secura
    cyodarun:
    Darth_Tofu:
    e1jnky:
    FenigDurak:
    gra-co_o_hun:
    Grimby the Hutt:
    Imperial_Birrer:
    Jedi_Pilot:
    Kreleia:
    Mrs Obi Wannabe
    RavLoc_Vos:
    Sith_Slayer:
    ZOOfo-Dyas:
  8. SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR

star 7
    This was just too funny not to post

[image=http://www.popmatters.com/images/columns_art/w/williams-gijoe-splsh2.jpg]
  9. ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight

star 6
    Honestly, OW, it's going to be a logistical nightmare as it is. And it could EASILY degrade into a free-for-all of animosity for everyone. Why don't we just employ the philosophy you like to quote so often and keep it simple. ;)

ETA: I'm trying to convince the twins to do Tomax & Xamot [face_devil]
  10. RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight

star 5
  11. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Roger that. ;) KISS it is. :)
  12. ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight

star 6
  13. Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Knight

star 6
    Cobra EEL FTW. I'd pay realcashmoney to see Bill stomp around in flippers.
  14. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    LOL, no flippers! well, at least not on stage. [face_devil]

Besides, I already have almost everything needed for both Dusty and Chuckles. And Cutter was a Coastie. Not Navy. ;)
  15. Jyn Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Heh... nice "BURKHART, DR. ADELE" same spelling too.. don't see that much.
  16. ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight

star 6
    A fish is a fish. ;)

There's also Keel-Haul
  17. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I found a description of Zarana on a list of the top 11 GI Joe Villans. It was funny.

Both the Joes and Cobra have had their share of vixens, but Zarana remains frequently overlooked. Sister of Zartan, she rides with the infamous "Dreadnoks" -- a Cobra subgroup composed of street thugs and bikers who know that the real winners in a war are the ones who fight wearing tigerprint vests and Blue Blocker sunglasses. Like her brother, Zarana was a master of disguise who donned dozens of masks to infiltrate the Joes' headquarters and other places of interest in virtually every episode of the show. Though most every mysterious female the Joes encountered turned out to be Zarana in disguise, they were adamant in their belief that they just shouldn't stop falling for it. The girl went through all that trouble to look vaguely like someone else -- why break her heart over a few kidnapped scientists or plans to devices that can blow up continents?

On top of everything else she does, Zarana has the ability to change her skin color. No, really. The action figure illustrated this attribute, with plastic "skin" that'd turn blue when you added heat, or vice versa -- I can't really remember how it worked, but the end result made Zarana look like the victim of domestic violence. Of course, she wasn't married, and didn't really have a boyfriend other than her brother. Plus, "domestic" usually indicates "at home," and I don't think Zarana had one of those, either. She and her Dreadnok pals just sorta chilled out in wooded areas until a situation called for them to talk funny and blow stuff up. All in all, she wasn't Cobra's #1 female, but she was certainly their #2. Silver medals only suck if you're allergic to silver. Zarana is not. Yeah.

18. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    Someone suggest a good character for me plz.
  19. BFett88 Jedi Master

star 4
    Here is a picture of some people in Cobra costumes. If you notice there is a woman as just a trooper in this picture.

[image=http://www.grabbag-pics.com/d/120-2/cobra_commander002.JPG]

I am thinking I might do something like this version of Cobra Commander

[image=http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/711/711411/cobra-commander-20060606085057182-000.jpg]

Or this one

[image=http://www.heroesforsale.biz/myspace/cobra.jpg]

There seems to be several ways to go with this costume.
  20. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    You look like Duke to me:

[image=http://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/images/bios/duke_full.jpg]
  21. nnaydolem Jedi Master

star 6
    ok so are you guys ok with me being action nurse...she was the first female GI joe. :)
  22. ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight

star 6
    I was thinking of Low-Light, Outback or Rock & Roll for you, Grimby
  23. nnaydolem Jedi Master

star 6
    hey who is this chick? i could be her....that would be a COOL costume!

i just need to grow out my hair and dye it!

[image=http://smalljoes.com/images_comics/comic40_l.jpg]
  24. FenigDurak Jedi Padawan

star 4
    There really aren't enough female roles in the Joe universe.

That was kinda what I was going for with the Mystery Men thing. You could make up your own super hero. Not to mention I think Bill is the only person I've ever encountered who hasn't seen Mystery Men.

And Bill, I had 12 Spaceballs characters. You took pictures of us yourself. Don't they teach you how to count at Metro? ;)
  25. BFett88 Jedi Master

star 4
    I believe that is the Baroness, which Sith Chick has already claimed.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.