Oceania Yo Saddam - I'm callin' you out!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by run, Mar 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. run Jedi Knight

star 1
    Anyone catch the address to the WORLD by 'our president' George Bush Jr?
  2. The Gatherer Jedi Youngling

star 6
  3. run Jedi Knight

star 1
    He's given Saddam (and his family) 48 Hours to get his ass outta dodge (er, I mean Iraq) or IT'S ON.

EDIT: Actually, it's probably one of the most copasetic speeches even given by the US president, and I didn't once notice any of his usual stuff-ups (although I thought he said 'three nations' instead of 'free nations', but my hearing isn't that good).

I still can't help but feel it's a bit of a case of the pot calling the kettle black, and I find it very hard to believe that the end of Saddam will put so much as a dent in terrorism.
  4. wedge3210 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Another 48 hours, huh? I bet he'll be on the phone soon to tell everyone he wants a week to get out.
  5. The Gatherer Jedi Youngling

star 6
    Yes, he gave them 48 hours to get out, but then said that war would happen when they see fit. So war for example, might not start until another week.

I wonder if Iraq will use a pre-emptive strike against the US led forces?
  6. The Gatherer Jedi Youngling

star 6
    He probably DID say three nations, as I believe that they only forces in the Gulf are American, British and Australian.
  7. run Jedi Knight

star 1
    Possibley, but I think at the time he wasn't talking about the forces, but rather something about the 3 nations of the world.

He did a pretty good job, although his wee beady eyes make me want to punch him. Someone was obviously off camera, coaching him to go slow slow slow.
  8. wedge3210 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    No, it was (at least meant to be) free nations. USA, Great Britain, Spain and Portugal are the voting Security Council nations while Australia actually lost the balloting for a place on the SC to Spain a few years ago.

I also thouht his speech today was very good, but it had loads of holes in the plan like the deadline... then no fixed time for action. That's why I still think Hussien will worm his way out of it and we'll be back at this stage in a year or two from now.

9. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    im just praying for the day when someone puts a 7.62 through Bush's head
  10. jediguy Force Ghost

star 5
    Of course! Because, you know, you wouldn't pray for a 7.62 through Saddam's head, or Osama's head, or Kim's head. Naahhh, it's gotta be Big Bad Bush!!
  11. Scott_M Jedi Master

star 4
    You got some problem with Kim Beazely, Jediguy?

:)
  12. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8
    7.62mm NATO or Warsaw, SoE? [face_laugh]

How old are you SoE? 15?

E_S
  13. CCD Jedi Master

star 4
    only forces in the Gulf are American, British and Australian.

Not true. There are Spanish and Eastern European forces as well. So much for unilateral.

I believe that jediguy was talking about Kim Jong-Il.

Saddam will not worm his way out of this one. Expect the thousands of bombs to start falling about 1 second past noon, Wednesday AEST time. And not a moment too frickin' soon.
  14. wedge3210 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Bombs may fall, but they've fallen before, and Hussien's still around.

Anyone watching Parliament? All members are about to sing a Nelly song by the sounds of it. "It's getting hot in here..."
  15. kahli Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ask not for whom the bell tolls sovereignty - it tolls for thee!
  16. jediguy Force Ghost

star 5
    All members are about to sing a Nelly song by the sounds of it. "It's getting hot in here..."

Isn't the next line: "Let's take off all our clothes"?

God, I hope not.
  17. Scott_M Jedi Master

star 4
    I believe that jediguy was talking about Kim Jong-Il.

Yes I am very well aware of that, but thanks for clearing it up for everyone else. They may have thought he was talking about Kim Hughes or Kim Kilbey... hmm there's a thought...
  18. run Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeh it's gotta be Bush's head!

If we put Bush, Hussein and Kim in those groovy Sesame Street squares, and play 'One of these kids is doin' his own thing', who will it be?

All three are the #1 dude in their respective countries. All three have weapons of mass destruction. All three are posturing and swaggering on the world stage.

Only one of them is starting a war.
  19. Nyder Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually something Bush said gave me great faith in his logic.

He said himself that he was looking forward to rebuilding Iraq's economy and putting the natural resources in the hands of the Iraqis. Also that Iraq could be a great economy if it wasn't for Saddam.

So perhaps the benefits outweigh the costs.

See, he's not such a bad man ;)
  20. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8
    Nyder, if Satan himself came out with a great plan for maximising Iraq's involvement in the free market by deregulating this and that, you'd probably support it!!! :p :D

E_S
  21. Pigalek Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yay for our world leaders...
    Always the ones who seem to want to give us another world war... [face_plain]

What happens if we defy the UN?
  22. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8
    Nothing. That's the irony. The US made the UN work, then had a petulant whine about it. It's so arrogant, ignorant and insipid, the American response to this. George Bush Snr used the UN to great effect the first time around. First Gulf War = the best use of Chapter VII EVER!
    Now, international law regarding the use of force will be openly violated by a Permanent Member and Chapter VII of the charter is null and void, in effect. [face_plain] The Americans will blame the French for splitting the United Nations. It wasn't them.

And did anyone see the speech? I kept thinking of Chancellor Palpatine. Except Palpatine is a man of devious cunning who manipulated both beings and a political system to achieve ultimate power; whereas George W Bush is a man of limited means, who may or may not have stolen an election and who also says "nukular".

Oh John McCain, too bad we never knew thee! :_|

E_S
  23. Darth_Soup Jedi Master

star 3
    7.62mm NATO or Warsaw, SoE?

How old are you SoE? 15?

E_S

Actually, yeah he is. :D

DS
  24. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 8
    Then why was he talking about having a car if he's too young to even drive? [face_laugh]

I think Syrix_Kahl said it best...don't mug yourself. Talking about wasting George W Bush is just stupid.

E_S
  25. kahli Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I saw the interview.

He looked as though he had been practicing for some time, and he was concentrating very hard.

He looked like a muppet.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.