main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Yo!

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by starwarsarmboy, Jul 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarsarmboy

starwarsarmboy Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 9, 2002
    Remember me?!? [face_cowboy] Well long story short....I messed my back up pretty bad and I've been off work for a few months and maybe a few more. I go to therapy a few times a week and he wants me to do NOTHING! I can't bend, twist, sweep... NOTHING! It might take up to a year for me to get baqck to 100% Its kinda hard for me to go online cause its hard for me to sit and stand for to long so I hop on when my back lets me.

I'll try to post when I can (can't promise anything) and I'll try to come to certain events when I can, but dressing up is going to be out for a bit.

Just to let you guys know I'm still here.....and now place any curse word here....hey it is me you know O:)

2. Loseytwin12

Loseytwin12 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 14, 2010
    Hey you were in Star Wars Insider in the Bounty Hunters section with Rick McCallum I believe. You have all the tats on your arms, right?

3. starwarsarmboy

Nov 9, 2002
    Hey you were in Star Wars Insider in the Bounty Hunters section with Rick McCallum I believe. You have all the tats on your arms, right?

Yes...

4. Loseytwin12

Loseytwin12 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 14, 2010
    Yeah I subscribe to them and I remember someone being from Buffalo in there

5. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    Hey nice to hear from you. Maybe sending you some Stone brewery beer will aid in the healing. So hears to a healthy recovery

6. starwarsarmboy

Nov 9, 2002
    Thats the only thing I can do is drink....which I might need a new liver REAL soon [face_worried] Thanks Steve..

7. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Glad to hear your back is coorperating today. Here's hoping to more cooperating days!

8. starwarsarmboy

Nov 9, 2002
    Yeah thanks Chris... but only for another half an hour I'll be ok'ish....I got PT at 11:30, after that I'm done for a while [face_beatup] [face_plain]

9. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    So this is probably the one time in my life where I'l be able to outrun you? :p

10. starwarsarmboy

Nov 9, 2002
  11. myhale99

myhale99 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Dude, good to hear from you.

12. DarthSinistre

DarthSinistre Jedi Master star 2

Jan 18, 2003
    Good to hear from you. Take care of yourself and do what they tell you; don't mess around with your health.

13. niceshotjanson

niceshotjanson Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2010
    Good luck with your back. I've pulled and done some things to mine a few times, and everytime I shovel snow I pray I don't pull it or do something ridiculous. Once the first thing happens to it, it's all downhill.

One of those times after I injured myself, I was hobbling around the Harrisburg, PA airport limping around, and a couple of guys stopped me. Apparently it was really noticeable that I was dragging my left leg. I told them I was pain and smiled and tried to slide away, but then they asked if they could pray for me (and I let them). It was definitely an interesting few moments.

14. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Hope you feel better soon Jay

15. BPStoyle

BPStoyle Social Media Admin star 4

Jan 5, 2010
    Rest up, good sir. We'll be here when you're ready to rock the scout armor once again. :)

16. VideoPrince

VideoPrince North Ridge Treasurers / Diplomat star 4

May 31, 2002
    I know all about backs, so rest up and do what they tell you to.

17. chewbaccachris34

chewbaccachris34 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2010
    drink your pain away!!!! just kidding [face_sick]

18. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    Jay, good to see you back on. I hope you get better soon. I wish I could tell you I know what you are going through but the worst thing I ever messed up was my neck and I didn't even know I had done it until a few years later.

If you ever want some company give me a call and I can drop by after work.

I know I said already but get well buddy, it's been a strange time without my tattooed bearded friend along for the ride.

Oh and so I don't forget, if you need a quick laugh remember the time we has the rickshaw guy cart us around in San Diego and we thought it was bad hauling the four of us....that was until the guy behind us had the 4 300lbers in his buggy.......

YOu had to be there.......:cool:

19. starwarsarmboy

Nov 9, 2002
    Thanks D (and everyone else) yeah dude this sucks, but I'm hoping it will get better.

Ahhh yes the rickshaw [face_laugh] :oops: never will forget that!

I'll try to make it to the August get together and break in the new folk the Jay way O:) :D

20. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Having been through it last year, I wish you nothing but the best Jay.
    Miss you bro!

21. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Wait 'til they get a load of you... [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.