main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Yoda and Qui-Gon - PT Notes AU - Completed 9/29/05 (with ShrunkenJedi and Souderwan as Yoda)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LukeSkywalker_2001, Jun 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005

A droid thing was shooting at him, but I destroyed the droid thing. I can just imagine Qui saying this. lol.

The handmaiden Padmé is the handmaiden that Obi-Wan and I feel has too much influence on the Queen. very ironic!

ha ha!

This is wonderfully written, Luke Skywalker_2001 and ShrunkenJedi. Ah it is what I have come to expect of you.
    I like the relationship between Yoda and Qui. Yodas not as strict with him as Mace would be.

This really adds to the film of TPM.. these notes are like little pieces to a puzzle, everything fits together so well!

Its been a pleasure reading your work. Dont stop. :D

2. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Once again, I must say that both of you have done a fantastic job with this set of notes. I could totally picture everything as I read it.

Awesome stuff you guys!!!!! :D

3. LukeSkywalker_2001

LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 18, 2002
    JOINME,

Oh yeah... :) Qui-Gon is in for a little surprise very shortly.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :)

You're right...Mace is more strict that even Yoda is

(there is no Mace - Qui Note because I didn't see the point to it, but there is a Mace - Obi, and a Mace - Yoda, which will both contain Mace's opinions of the matter :) )

Excactly! That is the way the Notes are...like a puzzle. Each set of Notes is a piece that can stand on its own, but when you start putting them together, hopefully they fit together perfectly. If you ever detect an inconsistancy, let me know. I want them to fit together, because it is afterall, the same big story

Thank you. I don't plan on stopping ;)

Thanks for your continual support!

Anakin_Heartbreaker,

And thank you for your continual support! :)

Great! I"m glad you can picture all of this happening, because that means that it is believable, and that makes me very happy!

4. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Author - ShrunkenJedi
    http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=850940

Note 22
    Master Qui-Gon,

Concerned the council is that, while strong in the Force Anakin unquestionably is, not the best for him training in our traditional methods may be. Give all to the Jedi way of life, can he, while not brought up to it? Unsure we are where his best place may be, and of what we can sense of the boy's future. Objective must we be, whether the Chosen One or not he is.

Respect the judgment of both you and your apprentice I do, Qui-Gon, yet neither your judgment nor mine alone is it to assign such places. The passing of your apprentice to a full Jedi the council must yet decide on. Remind you I would that this matter nothing to do with the boy has. If give him some training you must, such will you do, I am sure, my friend.

Regret I do to tell you that no action does the Council feel we can take on Tatooine, as out of Republic jurisdiction it is. Not with my blessing has this decision of the council been made, tell you I will.

May the Force be with you. With regret am I,

Master Yoda

5. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Author - LukeSkywalker_2001

Note 23
    Master Yoda,

Anakin can be trained; I have no doubt of that. It is true that it will take some getting used to, but he is still very young. The Council has suggested that Anakin is too old to be trained. However, he is a child. He has not yet lived most of his life. Anakin has not been raised in the Jedi Temple, no, and that would require some adjustments to his training.

I have been discussing the situation with my former Master, who is also on the Jedi Council, as you of course are aware. (I say this because I know the discussion is not to leave the Council, and those concerned, until you have reached a decision.) He has suggested, and I agree with him, that Anakin?s mother should not be far away. As you have not doubt observed, Anakin has an attachment with his mother. A forced separation may do more harm than good. However, I will leave this up to the wisdom of the Jedi Council.

As I have already told you, I am convinced that the warrior I fought was a Sith. The Sith saw Anakin. I do not know whether or not this Sith sensed him, but if he is rejected by the Council, the Sith may find him. We do not know where they are at this moment. As we both know, if there is a Sith, then there are always two. Anakin has a higher midi-cholorian count than even you. Would you like someone like that trained in the Sith ways?

You could send him somewhere where he would be protected by Jedi, but what kind of life would that be for the boy. Until the Sith are found out, I am afraid it would be too dangerous for him to wander about the galaxy. He would be unable to defend himself against a Sith attacker, also.

I ask that the Council considers these points when making the decision regarding Anakin. I understand you wish to be objective about this, and I would want nothing else.

I realize that the Council has not yet made a decision to knight Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan?s readiness has nothing to do with Anakin, I assure you. I have felt that he has been ready for some time, and this situation has brought this to the front.

Thanks for the information on the status of Tatooine slavery. It is unfortunate, but perhaps the situation may be reexamined later.

I wished to inform you that we have landed on Naboo. Queen Amidala has enlisted Gungan help, and she hopes to capture the Viceroy of the Trade Federation. There is to be a diversion?a battle by the Gungans to draw the droids away from the cities. My apprentice and I (and Anakin?I gave him my word to watch over him) will make our way to the palace along with the Queen?s people. From there, we will see what befalls us.

I should also mention that Padmé has revealed that she is Queen Amidala. This is the reason for her apparent influence on the Queen. This occurred during a meeting with the Gungans.

Master Qui-Gon

6. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Sep 24, 2004
    Another great update. I have a bad feeling regarding Qui-Gon.

Brilliant as always!!!!! :)

7. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Anakin_Heartbreaker,

Thank you. You may have a bad feeling regarding Qui-Gon for a good reason...

Thank you for reading!

8. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Author - ShrunkenJedi
    http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=850940

Note 24
    Master Qui-Gon,

Greetings. Thank you I do for telling me your reasoning behind your wish to train Anakin. Certainly unwilling I am to allow the Sith access to any person, if stopped they can be, especially one so gifted as you say. Bring this up with the Council, I will. Still, uneasy I am with making this boy a padawan...

Much luck I wish you in your endeavor on Naboo. My greetings I give as well to Obi-Wan, Anakin and Queen Amidala.

May the Force be with you,

Master Yoda

9. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002

Note 25
    Master Yoda,

I thank you for hearing my concerns regarding the boy.

There is always risk present whenever a Padawan is trained. We cannot make the decisions for them. Eventually we will have to trust that the Padawan will be wise enough to use sound judgment. If the risk is not taken, we would have no more Padawans in the Jedi Order.

I have further news. The Queen, her people, Obi-Wan, Anakin, and I have reached the palace. Anakin took shelter in the cockpit of a fighter ship of a fallen pilot. He should be safe there. I was firm with him, and he understands that he is to stay in the cockpit for his safety.

We were about to enter the main section of the palace when the doors opened, and the same Sith that I had fought on Tatooine stood there. Obi-Wan and I will handle this. The creature has revealed the full extent of his weapon to us. It is a double lightsaber. This is a Sith. Nothing will convince me otherwise.

By engaging it in battle, I believe the Queen will have an opportunity to accomplish what she set out to do. Droid deckas tried to stop Queen Amidala, but Anakin destroyed them with his star ship?s fire power.

The coming battle will prove to be a challenge, I have no doubt. However, I will try to stop this Sith at all costs. The outcome of a battle is never certain, and no matter what happens, I will uphold the integrity of the Jedi.

May the Force be with you also.

I have one last request before I close this message. What have you seen of the recent Senate election? I am certain that Senator Palpatine was indeed elected. What have you noticed of his activities, and what is your opinion on the matter?

Master Qui-Gon Jinn

10. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    Great update! :D

I'm glad Yoda is gentle with him...

but oh no... [face_worried] is that Qui-Gon's last letter? :_|

ironic then that he would be asking about the new chancellor just before he died...

please please update soon-even though I fear it will be too heartbreaking.. [face_worried]

11. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    JOINME,

Thank you :)

Yep, Yoda has been gentle with him....

and no, that was not Qui-Gon's last letter....but the next one will be.

Yes...it is ironic that he is asking about Palpatine just before he died. It may be more than just irony though...(see Qui-Gon's last letter to Dooku in the Dooku and Qui-Gon Notes for details on this)

I am about to update :)

12. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Author - Souderwan
    http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=1197348

Note 26
    Master Qui-Gon,

Careful, you must be, in facing this Sith. Powerful they are and a young man, you are not. To your advantage, it is, that Kenobi is with you. A great Jedi he will be and a great companion, as well. Focus on the Force, and let its will guide you. Victorious you will be, if remain calm you do.

Discuss Skywalker further, we will, when return to the temple you do. Your point about risks, well taken it is. And a great risk it would be, if train this boy we do. My opinion on this matter, know you do. But defer to the will of the Council on this matter I will.

Regarding the Senate elections, victorious Senator Palpatine was. Concerned about this turn of events I am. The dark side of the Force clouds everything. Impossbile to read the new Chancellor is. If return the Sith have, as the evidence suggests, then worry I do that maniupulate the Senate they will. A dangerous time for all, this could be, if prepared we are not. Hope in the Force, I do, that emerge unscathed from your battle, you will.

May the Force be with you,

Yoda

13. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002

Note 27
    Master Yoda,

I regret to tell you that I have been wounded in battle, and I believe it to be a fatal wound.

?.Obi-Wan has been an excellent apprentice, and I believe him to be capable?as a Jedi Knight.

The fight with the Sith has been long, and Obi-Wan and I?held our own?.

He and I were?separated by layers of laser walls?.

I could not take this Sith alone?.the fight has worn me out?.it is much younger than I am?and it?s blade caught me in the stomach. I am still alive?but barely.

I do not think I will make it?.

?Obi-Wan has fought well?.and I believe he can destroy this Sith?.if he survives, I wish him to train?Anakin.

I do not know how the rest of the battle has gone (the?Queen?s part, the Gungan battle, or Naboo?s fighter pilots.)

Pal..palpatine has been?impossible for?me to read?as well?be careful?.I must contact?Dooku before I die.

Master Qui-Gon

14. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Author - Souderwan
    http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=1197348

[From the personal journals of Jedi Master Yoda approximately 13 years prior to the first Empire Day]:

Gone, he is. Sit here, I do, unable to meditate. Distracting, Qui-Gon's loss to me is. A great Jedi, he was. Too blind, I was, to see this until now. Honor him, we must.

But this boy! This boy! Dangerous, he is. Powerful, he will become. Hmm...yes, powerful. But darkness surrounds him. Full of fear, he is. Only greater fear in the boy, Qui-Gon's loss will bring. Taken from his mother, he was. Now taken from him, his surrogate father is. More fear that will bring. Fear...anger...hate...the dark side I sense. Growing it is.

Listen to me, the Council will not. See this, I can. Excited, they are about his potential. Excited, Qui-Gon was. The Chosen One, this boy may be...but...fear I do, that destroy us all he will.

The End of the Qui-Gon and Yoda Notes

However, the Prequel Notes storyline still continues.

Yoda and Obi-Wan Notes http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/21254455/?3

15. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Anakin_Heartbreaker and JOINME,

You two are my only identified readers and reviewers for this set of Notes. I wanted to thank you for all of your support and encouragement...and for reading. I know it took a long time to read this...

You two have been my biggest fans/supporters/encouragers throughoutt this whole time. You two have practically read all of the Notes stories that I have written. That is amazing!

Thank you for all of that dedication, time, and for your words.

I would be glad to read any of your stories you may write in the future..

To anyone who read and did not comment, thank you for reading! If you would like to leave comments, you can do so, either by PM or on here. I would also be happy to read your stuff too.

I have no doubt that this will eventually be closed, as it falls to the bottom. If you happen to read this after it is closed, you are more than welcome to e-mail me or PM me with any comments you may have, or just to contact me.

And thank you everyone else on the boards for tolerating this story on the board.

Thank you all.

16. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    I wanted to send a special thank you to ShrunkenJedi and Souderwan, my Yoda in this set of Notes.

ShrunkenJedi, you worked so long with me for this project, and I really loved how you portrayed Yoda. You gave him compassion, while yet still having him come across as wise. You stuck with me throughout almost the entire TPM events, which was a long time. Regrettably other committments pulled you away, but the time that you did spend with me on this project was enjoyable. I hope you had as much fun as I did. You have certainly made an impact on my NOtes stories, and I wanted to say thank you for that.

Souderwan, you stepped in at the last minute when I needed someone to finish up with Yoda, and you wrote his last response as well as the conlclusion. Thank you so much. I know you have been very busy, but I appreciate your contributions so much. You also do an excellent job as Yoda, and I was pleased to have you as part of the project.

17. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Sep 24, 2004
    And that was such a womderful end to this set of notes. I knew it was coming, my heart still went out to him when he died. (Or is about to.)

Thank you for such a wonderful set of notes. :)

18. Palpy560

Palpy560 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2005
    Yet another wonderful set of Notes. [face_batting]
    You have so many of these little gems. [face_mischief]
    But I'm catching up! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.