main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Yoda as Force Ghost Rumor

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by nld3, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    I don't mind Anakin, Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Qui-Gon all making appearances throughout the trilogy, just don't cram it into 1 film... Make it meaningful!

Immortiss, StoneRiver and Dra--- like this.
  2. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    You mean don't just cram them all into the background?[face_clown] (That was a main stylistic trait of the PT!)

3. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Still it would be awkward if it came up in conversation. What if ghost Anakin is giving Luke some advice & accidentally brings up the time he hunted down some Jedi, or massacred some younglings? I wonder if he'd slip into Vader mode sometimes just out of habit - "Luke, you must destroy every last one of them!!"

Immortiss, Dra--- and Darth Raiden like this.
  4. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    i heard mace windu's force ghost hand might come back to slap palpatine's force transfer clone

5. Darth Raiden

Darth Raiden Jedi Master star 3

Aug 28, 2013

As funny and awkward as it would be, I still find it unlikely. Mainly because it would kinda of diminish the whole aspect of what happened in ROTJ, I think both Luke and Anakin would have gone passed that stage imo. Although it would be interesting if Luke and more importantly Leia discovers how Anakin turned in the first place, that could cause some tension between Luke and Leia.

Immortiss likes this.
  6. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    One of my biggest questions is how strong with the Force will Leia be? She was developing her Force sense in ESB & RotJ & she's had 30 more years. She would have to be pretty strong. If ghost Anakin turns up to visit her she might tell him to **** off! After all there was that time he held her back while her planet was destroyed.

Immortiss and Iron_lord like this.
  7. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    but he did hook her up with some sweet meds
    [​IMG]

8. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    British made...only the best for those Imperials

Darth_Pevra and Darth Punk like this.
  9. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I always wondered what it said on that thing. Well that illusion is ruined forever now. :p

Palpatine2016 likes this.
  10. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    One or two scenes showing the past spirits of fallen Jedi is all you need. Their presence does not have to be anything more than one or two scenes showing Luke conferring with them.

11. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    the british empire had quite a reach in its day

12. I_Love_Scotch

I_Love_Scotch Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 2, 2013
    Dewback no I wasn't being serious

Dewback likes this.
  13. Merkual

Merkual Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2013
    wasn't it always a given that Yoda would be back in some sort of force ghost capacity?

this isn't really a shocking rumour is it?

Dra--- likes this.
  14. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I don't see any other option than putting Hayden- they could age him with makeup to make it more appropriate looking. The actor that was Anakin before the SE died (in real life I mean), it would really get to be a stretch to put a third actor as Anakin's force ghost, and Hayden is the one that is most well known as Anakin obviously. It should be a small part anyway

15. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Agreed so I'm not really a fan of having him as a ghost at all. Would rather see suited Vader in a vision or nightmare.

Incidentally, why would they need to age ghost Anakin? You don't age if you're a ghost I wouldn't have thought. If anything they have to make HC look 10 years younger.

16. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    They wouldn't age him a lot, not make him look like an old man or anything, just avoid him looking too young. I don't know about appearances and force ghosts. They obviously don't age physically, but I don't know what determines their appearance to others. It would just fit better. Perhaps they can appear however they want? I don't know, but they are going to have to have some changed appearances since Obi Wan isn't obviously going to look the same.

17. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    that's why I wouldn't use an Anakin ghost. Use Yoda if one is needed or just use Anakin's voice a la Ben in ANH or parts of TESB.

18. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Why would Anakin's force ghost showing up make more sense story wise? I can see maybe once. But Yoda makes more sense. He trained Luke, so depending on the reason that the force ghost is showing up. If it is in a Jedi related matter it makes more sense for Yoda or even Obi-Wan to appear. But Anakin really can't help out to much in the ways of the Jedi. I mean he can answer simple Jedi questions or as a this is what you don't want to do if you want to stay a good guy.

Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  19. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Also why would Luke want advice from his Father when the man was famous for being colossally inept.

Luke: "Father, I need guidance for dealing with this new Sith threat."
    Force Ghost Anakin: "Whatever he tells you, believe it. And when you join with him and he immediately tells you the opposite, just keep going with it."
    Luke: "WTF!?"

20. I_Love_Scotch

I_Love_Scotch Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 2, 2013
    Yeah Anakin is the last guy I'd take advice from, even if he was my dad, and even if he was redeemed. He may have turned back to good but there is still something seriously wrong going on in between those ears.

Oh yeah, and he killed younglings...and blew up a planet. Force choked a few dudes to death, force choked his wife to death.

That'd be like if you were part of a gang and you murdered people on the streets and in crossfire, went to prison, became a Godly man, got out of prison 40 years early, and expect your past to go away. You may be a good person now, but you still did all that awful stuff and you'll creep people out when you pass them on the streets. Like, "I know you're good now, but just stay away from me ok? Thaaaanks."

21. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    If Anakin tried to give any advice, it would have to be from the most extreme example of the "do as I say and not as I do" perspective. :p Or at least, in his defense, "not as I DID".

22. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Yoda ghost makes a ton of sense. However I'd be dubious about any cosmicbooknews scoops. They have an abysmal track record on all of their scoops. They are pretty much batting 0.00 on all the big exclusives.

23. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    but then he drifts off into euphoric recall

EHT likes this.
  24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, I only believe this at all because a Force ghost Yoda seems like a pretty safe prediction.

Also, you heard it here first: there will be dinosaurs in the next Jurassic Park movie. :p

Immortiss, sethg, Echo-07 and 5 others like this.
  25. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Anakin is central to the entire SW saga. If they have Force ghosts and have Luke, then it's assumed that they will have a Force ghost of Anakin.

Darth Raiden likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.