main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Yoda as Force Ghost Rumor

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by nld3, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    True, but it does always bring warm feelings to my heart whenever I watch the saga and I get to that point.

2. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    I doubt Luke owns the PT on blu-ray...so he may not know as much about Anakin's stupidity as we do.

TX-20 likes this.
  3. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Actually I see Palpatine keeping it standing & turning it into something ridiculous, like a historical museum that people walk through & learn about how evil the Jedi were & how the plotted to take over etc.

Darth Raiden likes this.
  4. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Back around 77 Lucas did an interview where he set out the basic premise's for the PT and ST.

PT was to be very dark and political. ST was much more "etheral" which I always took to mean spiritual. So I'm not surprised to hear force ghost's are back and I still think the overall arc of the ST will ultimately be a journey into the spirit world where the final battle against Palpatine will take place.

StoneRiver and Dra--- like this.
  5. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    You guys think maybe we'll get some sort of collection of various characters' Force Ghosts, perhaps like the Greek Gods in a setting like "Clash of the Titans" or "Jason and the Argonauts?" I could maybe see something like that work.

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Luke walks into the old Jedi Council chamber for the very first time after having to manually open the long rusted doors and all 12 of their ghosts are in there still discussing philosophy...

7. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    I don't fine anything wrong with Force Ghost. I actually expected it. However, that said, I only expect to see Yoda make an appearance. He was Luke trainer and even thought he always conversed with Obi-Wan, I think he has a greater bond with Yoda and it seems that Yoda would be the Jedi Ghost that would warn him of an rising disturbance in the force.

8. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    & he trips on the little skeletons in robes of all the younglings his Dad left behind (poor taste?)

9. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Maybe, but nothing wrong with keepin' it real.

Dra--- likes this.
  10. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    What if Episode VII starts with a Yoda Force Ghost and ends with a Luke Force Ghost?

11. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    According to Hollywood Reporter the ST will be more secular. And when they say that they probably mean "more secular than the last movies, more secular than the PT".

12. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    That's inaccurate. AL, not THR, said that Episode VII was relatively secular.

On the other hand, in regards to the Lucas quote in question (every source I can find puts it at a different date so I'm not entirely sure about that part, but it seems to have been around the time of TESB), what he actually said was,
    What he was saying was that he didn't have as clear of an idea about what would happen in the ST as he did about the PT. "Ethereal" had nothing to do with the subject matter of the ST.

Dra--- and T-R- like this.
  13. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    Full circle...I like it.

14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    What if by some horrific happanstance, Luke and Yoda merge into one being in the Dead Jedi Lair?

Dra--- likes this.
  15. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    I can see them using Yoda (puppet and Frank Oz please). I can also see Luke Skywalker as a force ghost (perhaps as a voice first). I would love to see Luke and Palpatine battling one another in the neatherrealm in Episode IX. Whatever they do, they need to film it shortly after Episode VII, due to the age of all the actors like Mark Hamill and Ian McDiarmid.

I love the idea of holograms of the best Jedi of all and I could definitely see Liam Neeson returning as Qui-Gon, but only in a hologram, maybe even just his voice. It's been way too long for him to return though, but he was great. I wish he had lived and was in Episode II.

16. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    If force ghosts are busy elsewhere, can the use holograms?

17. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Nice reading. I think you're onto something here. He does seem to be using the word in its sense of "lightness" instead of its sense of "spiritual."

Mystery Roach likes this.
  18. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Ghostgrams

Darth Punk likes this.
  19. Barth

Barth Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    The ForceCast podcast raised an interesting question about this rumor. How could it have gotten out? If Yoda is a Force ghost, then almost all of it could be done in post-production with CGI, so why would such a thing leak. That got me thinking...JJ and Kathy have endorsed the idea that practical elements could be used more in VII vs the prequels. Maybe Yoda will be a puppet. That would be a good reason for it to leak because they will probably have to make a new puppet early on that is heavily modeled on the original one from ESB and ROTJ. It also has to be done early because the complaints about TPM's puppet may have encouraged them to really really make it right this time. Maybe it leaking means that they could be working on a puppet for this scene now. What do you guys think?
    [​IMG]

20. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I would definitely like to see a force ghost Yoda.

Echo-07 likes this.
  21. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I'd sooner prefer Anakin's ghost to appear, give some advice to Luke/Leia/his grandchildren

The only thing is, continuity wise, I'd prefer Yoda and Obi-Wan not to appear. I mean, Yoda's easy cause Frank Oz, but Alec Guiness is dead and, as much as I love Ewan, it would just break continuity.

Maybe the Chosen One just has benefits about being a ghost

Then again, I wouldn't complain about Qui-Gon making an appearance either....

22. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    In the OT we're never told a thing about the Jedi Temple. For all we know its a Wal Mart. In other words, Sidious could have repurposed it and with the Imperial propaganda machine told the rest of Coruscant is was something different than what it really was. Also, it's a much better, much more compete and much more humiliating defeat of the Jedi to leave their temple standing in desecration.

Anyone wants to raze that Temple it would be Luke Skywalker all the while moving the NJO temple to Tython, Yavin or Tatooine.

23. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    They are going to change the ROTJ ending and show Plagueis spirit pull out a 1800's pistol and put it to anakins head and drag him away

24. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Yoda as a puppet again?

I think its a great idea - if done right.

Oh and if folks don't want to see Hayden - I suggest Disney/KK change young Anakin back to old Anakin (Shaw).

25. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    DV75 If they decide to use Anakin in the ST, Hayden is there. Would be pointless to go back to Shaw ghost, They can do nothing with it.

Darth Raiden and Seagoat like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.