main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Yoda as he relates to TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Count Zero, Nov 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014
    So we have a few options, here. Yoda as a blue glowie (this is possible, even probable) but more likely is that Yoda's teachings will survive him. If Luke really does end up teaching these two hicks to be Jedi Yoda will have to pop up sooner or later in some form. So which teachings do you think will pop up?

Myself, i think the idea of the littlest, most insignificant thing, being the most important. Revisit ESB and pay attention to how low key Yoda's introduction really is. What if that is how Luke is introduced?

What impact do you think Yoda will have in the new trilogy? Keep in mind, this isn't only questioning you about the character, but his teachings. The splash he made. He never has to show up once in a recognizable form but he'll still be there.

2. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Whilst I love the idea of Yoda in the new films "Yoda will have to pop up" is not true...it would diminish Lukes role would't it?

I love the idea of Luke being introduced like Yoda!

3. Count Zero

Jul 20, 2014

If used properly, it would enhance Luke's role. Now, you can't have Yoda prancing around. But Luke learned from Yoda. So no matter what he'll be a presence, even if an unseen one. But i don't think he'll be unseen. I think he''ll blue glowie at least once, though in EVIII rather than VII.

Keep in mind, i'm not only talking about Yoda as an on-screen figure, but mainly his impact. Luke quoting him and stuff like that. But also on-screen, since ya pinned me down.

4. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    A simple moment. Yoda fades in, gives a nod of approval, fades away. That's all. That's enough.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  5. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I usually find myself nodding when I read your posts...BUT ( :D ) I don't know about this. Could come off corny. I think a conversation similar to the "That boy is our last hope" one could be interesting.

Speaking of which... Do you guys think "No there is another" (being Leia) could get twisted to be Rey for these new films? As in Obi Wan was wrong and that Leia was not who Yoda meant?

GregMcP likes this.
  6. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Well, I was wondering how a bit of Frank Oz doing his Miss Piggy/Fozzie Bear voice would be met. Would people love it, or find it out of place?
    All in the execution, I'm sure.

7. Count Zero

Jul 20, 2014
    Actually something like that but not so corny. What if, during ZRey or Finn's training, meaning they just aren't cooked yet, at a crucial moment when they are down and out, a familiar big eared blue-glowie pops up and beckons them to get back up.

But i am also talking about "Try not, do or do not there is no try."

Or...

Yoda is more than his physical on-screen presence.

8. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Considering Rey wasn't born yet... no.

9. BobaBacca

BobaBacca Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 6, 2015
    If Yoda appears as Force Ghost in a scene with Luke and Rey, she can say "hey you look like Maz", then he respond "mention that name, do not"

Dak Oolron likes this.
  10. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I guess the concept of a Jedi seeing future events before they have happened was lost on you? Doesn't matter if she was alive yet or not...

11. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    He said "No, there IS another"... not "No, there WILL BE another".

12. BobaBacca

BobaBacca Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 6, 2015
    "powerful this girl will be, yes, nice to look at she is too, hmm, hehehehehe, when 900 years old and dead you will be, time to think about these things you will have, must go, rest, earned it i have, one more look before i go, hmm, hehehehehehe"

DaveyWanKenobi and AdamSkywalker like this.
  13. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Both would work. "No, there is another" as in down the track. It doesn't have to be a here and now scenario!

14. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    No... for Yoda to be talking about Rey.. he would have to be referencing that there WILL BE another. He did not, so the one he was referencing was absolutely around at that time and indeed was Leia.

It's just how our language works is all. ;)

DaveyWanKenobi likes this.
  15. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I don't think it... I was just wondering if THEY might go down that path...? Plenty of what was said and done in the OT was twisted around.

16. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    I'm confident that path isn't even going to be given even a slight amount of consideration.

17. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Were you confident Leia was not going to be Lukes sister?? Actually scratch that - Lucas isn't involved so the story should be set out in advance you would think!

18. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  19. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    Rey mildness will be very on the liking of Yoda. If Rey would have been brought in front of Grandmaster Yoda,
    he would have take her as his apprentice.
    So for sure Grandmaster Yoda will appear as a force ghost to guide Rey.

20. Schwarma

Schwarma Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    I know the rumour has been floating around for some weeks now, but I just can't see where Yoda would fit in if Luke is hardly in it. He's only really relevant to Luke.

21. Schwarma

Schwarma Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Which would render Rey's scenes with Maz rather pointless.

22. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    rey sees something and she's like, "what the hell is that?! a ghost-frog-thing? omg it's talking!!"

23. KnightOfRen

KnightOfRen Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    If Episode VIII is about Rey becoming a Jedi, then I can see force ghost Yoda appearing in that. I donĀ“t see how he would fit into TFA though.

24. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Haha! I would love that reaction. I think one thing JJ is getting right (which I think Peter Jackson got wrong with his Tolkien films) is that characters in the ST don't seem to know everything in the "lore." In the Hobbit, and also in LOTR, people across the vast landscape of Middle Earth just seemed to know everything. Everyone knew about the One Ring, and Thorin's woes. Everyone knew about this, and that element of ancient lore that was, in the books at least, only known by scholars and wise people, like Elrond and Gandalf.

From what we've seen in the trailers so far, JJ's characters know as much as their characters should know. And that's great.

So if Rey sees a Yoda force ghost without warning, I fully expect her to say: "what the hell is that?! a ghost-frog-thing? omg it's talking!!" :)

Thanks for the laugh, JT. That was hilarious.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  25. JediRocks74

JediRocks74 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 7, 2015
    I don't think Yoda is in this movie. There are too many characters in it to begin with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.