main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Yoda as he relates to TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Count Zero, Nov 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TurboPGT

TurboPGT Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 15, 2015
    Where is that pic from? What's the fire for?
    Reminds me of : [​IMG]

2. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Maybe when Rey enters Luke's chamber we see the Force ghosts of Obi-Wan, Yoda, Anakin and Qui-Gon fade away. No movement, no speech just fade.

EDIT: maybe Mace also.

3. DaveyWanKenobi

DaveyWanKenobi Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 4, 2015
    I kinda hope his force ghost doesn't appear. Or Obi-Wan's. Or Anakin's (Either version). These characters are really only relevant to Luke, as someone else mentioned. It wouldn't make a lot of sense for any of them to appear to the younger characters. It would feel shoehorned for sure. IF any of them do appear, it should be to Luke only showing they are still 'with' him, but honestly even that would feel shoehorny. <---did I make a new word or violate some forum rule there? hmm....

4. DashRender90

DashRender90 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2015
    I really just do not like the idea of Force Ghosts. Its just such a sketchy concept. Who gets to be Force Ghosts? Why at that age? Why can Obi-Wan show up here but not at Cloud City to help with Vader, or maybe even distract him or something? Don't give me that "can't interact with physical plane" BS, cuz you sitting on a log, old man.

I don't think TFA will have any Force Ghosts, and I'd be shocked in they show up anyway in the ST to be honest.

5. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    Obi-Wan told Luke "If you choose to face Vader you must do it alone. I cannot interfere" what he means is he's not going to help him, doesn't mean he can't he just means he won't because Luke is being hardheaded and wont t listen to reason

6. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    When/if Luke bites it you KNOW this is where they will go. I would be shocked if they didn't...

7. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003

I like this idea a lot for Episode 8 (also great painting). Luke briefly seen communing with Yoda, Anakin (that's cool concept art for Anakin but I'd expect Hayden), Obi-Wan (create Alec digitally and then have Ewan voice the line), maybe QGJ for good measure. R2's inclusion is a nice touch.

If handled right, I think I'd be great if Luke's introduction to Rey and/or Finn was similar to his first encounter with Yoda.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.