main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yoda Doesn't Even Look Like Yoda

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by ill001, Mar 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawaavenger

jawaavenger Jedi Master star 2

Mar 8, 2005
    I believe that TPM re-release is out now. Does anyone have it? Did they change yoda or was that just a rumor?

2. JediMaster77

JediMaster77 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    I have the newly printed version. You can read the dissapointing news right here

Click

3. CBright7831

CBright7831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2004
    They did not change Yoda.

Anyway, look at it, I've noticed a few things wrong.

1. Yoda's veins/ridges on his head.
    2. His eyes look messed up.
    3. The ears are to low.
    4. His somewhat screwed up.
    5. His has to much hair.

[image=http://wso.williams.edu/~rfoxwell/starwars/TPM/pics/Yoda2.jpg]

4. Mr Bungle

Mr Bungle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 1999
    Yoda will be changed/fixed. You can bet on it.

5. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    On AOTC bonus disc George says to use ESB as referance not TPM because people got mad he wasent the same. SO they know they did a bad job.

That's not exactly what he said. He said something about having done too good of a job improving on the original puppet and fans weren't pleased with the end result.

6. Darth_Sammy52

Darth_Sammy52 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    Yoda looks just fine the way he is. He may look slightly different from AotC and the OT, but it's still very obvious who he is. And besides, ten years can change a lot in someone's appearance. Look at Anakin for crying out loud. And then the 30-some-odd years between TPM and ESB will definitely contribute a lot to his change in appearance. Same with the other characters, such as Obi-Wan.

7. plddc1

plddc1 Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2005
    And besides, ten years can change a lot in someone's appearance. Look at Anakin for crying out loud.

The difference between age 9 and age 19 in a person with a lifespan of 60-70 years is a bit different than the difference between age 800 and age 810 in a person with a 900-year lifespan.

8. Darth_Sammy52

Darth_Sammy52 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    The difference between age 9 and age 19 in a person with a lifespan of 60-70 years is a bit different than the difference between age 800 and age 810 in a person with a 900-year lifespan.

No. No different. Only different in your mind.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Anyhoo, that's really not a good comparrison to begin with on my part. Anakin is human, and Yoda is an entirely different species. The years proably effect a species of Yoda's much more greatly than they would a human.

But like I said before, he looks fine. It's still very obvious who he is, even though he looks younger than he does in the other movies (which is how he's supposed to look).

9. dooku-ca-choo

dooku-ca-choo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2004
    I agree that it is obvious who he is, and the difference in appearance is not really a huge deal. But is it interesting that the animators for AotC used TESB Yoda as reference and not the more recent TPM Yoda.

10. YYZ-2112

YYZ-2112 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2004
    if he's made digital it'll probably happen with the 2007 3-D re-release to theatres; as well as any work done to the rest of the series. Digital Yoda in TPM wouldn't be too rough to implement. For one the model is already complete with Episode 3. They may even brush up the model used in Episode 2. I would expect to see very similar visual experiences to the PT in the OT at some point in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.