main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yoda eats his own words?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by CinDrallig, May 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CinDrallig

CinDrallig Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    In the ROTS novel, Yoda and Obi-Wan are having a discussion about the war. Obi-Wan says that he would sacrifice any jedi's live, including Yoda's, if that were to end the war. Yoda replies something like: as you should, and I would do the same in sacrificing you. Yet in AOTC, Yoda let Count Dooku go to save Obi-Wan and Anakin from the large piece of machinery. I expect this may be because Yoda wanted to save the Chosen One, but he usually does not go against his morals. Thoughts?

2. Delta_62

Delta_62 Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 20, 2005
    Thinking is NOT ALLOWED.

3. Rouge_Three

Rouge_Three Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    Yoda figured that Anakin and Obi-Wan need to stick around for the next movie?

4. Xhedias

Xhedias Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    I dont think the author and the movies were in line...probaly just a goof up by the Author to make it more interesting. Maybe if yoda was a sith he would kill ani and obi for doku. But...hes not..so he saves them...wouldnt be much of a movie if obi and ani died anyway would it?

5. BosskMaul

BosskMaul Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    Sounds like an author mistake that Lucas didn't read too closely, hehe. I don't know...would killing Dooku have ended the war? They said it would in "Clones", but really, Sidious would have done something differently...

I don't know. While we're on the same scene, why did Yoda stop the big falling thing instead of simply pulling Obi-Wan and Anakin out of the way? Didn't want to move them injured?

6. Rouge_Three

Rouge_Three Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    "Didn't want to move them injured?"

Yes, wouldn't want to break Anakin's arm.

Oh wait...

7. BosskMaul

BosskMaul Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    And seriously, didn't Obi-Wan just have a wimpy little stab in his leg and a brush burn on his arm? Heheh...

8. RurouniKJS

RurouniKJS Jedi Youngling star 2

May 4, 2005
    I don't know. While we're on the same scene, why did Yoda stop the big falling thing instead of simply pulling Obi-Wan and Anakin out of the way? Didn't want to move them injured?

Possibly, as well as the fact that such a large object falling at that speed would likely bounce and crush the two Jedi anyway if Yoda didn't move them VERY quickly and very far from harm. Which, as you stated above, could do them terrible harm as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.