main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yoda, Fear, and Anakin's Destiny

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by The_General_Onslow, Apr 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_General_Onslow

The_General_Onslow Jedi Master star 1

Apr 12, 2005

Okay, we all know that in TPM Yoda says:

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you."

And then a little while later he says:

"The Chosen One the boy may be. Nevertheless, grave danger do I FEAR in his training."

Much fear I sense in YOU, Master Yoda! You and your stodgy pals on the Jedi council. Yoda & co. were willing to admit that Anakin may be the Chosen One. Yet and still, because they were afraid of him developing the power that would inevitably come along with his Jedi training, they were willing to defy what Qui-Gonn knew to be "the will of the Force".

So out of FEAR Yoda and the rest of the council decide to reign Anakin in too tightly, and ultimately contribute to his fall and their own. Is this an accurate assessment?

Fandalorian likes this.
  2. Tokio_Drifter

Tokio_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 24, 2003

The Jedi Order never believed one can confront the darkside qualities fear, anger, hate, suffering and come back out of the darkness. (once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny). They never truely believed in the chosen one, cause that was his purpose all along: To teach the Jedi order this lesson. When Luke overcame his fears and despair in ROTJ only then could Anakin fullfil his destiny. IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.