main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yoda: Feel Like What? Is this an Audio Glitch in ESB??

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by dontkillyoda, Sep 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dontkillyoda

dontkillyoda Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2003
    I don't have the big toys when it comes to display and sound systems. Just your standard 4X9 television with a left and right speaker. So heres my question.

There is an audio glich right after luke say this on dagobah.

Luke: Still... there's something familiar about this place. I feel like

Now what should happen next is Yoda says

Yoda: Feel Like What!

Sad thing is it is absolutley muted on my tv. You heard it, but ever so faintly. I mean faintly like you don't hear it, but you do, and Yoda yells it out in the other versions.

I changed the audio set up everywhere on my players config screen, and on the dvd, and also on the THX menu. I can't fix it!! Is this another opps???

And Yes sadly I'm complaining and all, but I'm not so overly upset that I can't overlook it.

I'm just wondering if it's like this on all systems?

As a super Yoda fan. I'm sad that I can't get this silly little qoute to play on my tv set. Is this the same for the everyone else. Including the 5.1 mix?

2. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    What audio setting do you have? If you're not listening to it through a surround system then you should be using one of the 2.0 stereo settings (is there one for English?)

3. Prequel_Dreamer

Prequel_Dreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 2004
    I didn't notice any audio problems in that scene.

4. dontkillyoda

dontkillyoda Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2003
    I have it on 2.0. I checked the RFU connections for both the left and right audio channels. There is actually 2 english audio options through the audio options button on my control while it's play. I think the first would be the doby digital 2.0 and then the next 5.1. I switched it back and forth. Still dint work. Now I didn't check to see if you still hear the qoute in spanish or french. Also my Sony dvd player gives you audio options such as dynamic, theater, and what not. I tried them all. Nothing worked.

5. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    Well, I can assure you it's not the DVD since all the DVDs were pressed from the same master, and it's highly unlikely that yours would include an error that specifically eliminated a single piece of dialogue in the film. It's a problem with your equipment.

6. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    I thought it was always quiet?

In fact I never heard it the first few times (way back in the 80s). It wasn't until the '95 re-issues that I actually heard it.

7. trek_rules

trek_rules Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2001
    I noticed the same thing. My sys:
    Kenwood VR15 with THX 6 channel reciever
    Polk Mains
    JBL surround speakers
    Bose subwoofer

DVD-JVC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.