main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA 'Yoda' fulfills dream, slays the bad guys

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by elmoizme, Jan 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elmoizme

elmoizme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    Posted from the 501st forum

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,635179995,00.html

video: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=156177

His mom told one of the garrison members he only has a 10% chance of survival :(
    Let's hope that's wrong.

2. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    That is really great that everyone could help out. I have a friend that was born with a heart condition who was not supposed to live past the age of 2. Last year he turned 29. As a certain smuggler would say, don't tell me the odds. Having a small chance still means there is a chance. May the force be with Trevor.

3. Zero_has_lightsaber

Zero_has_lightsaber Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2005
    "That's not a zero or a negative."
    -Ritsuko Akagi, Neon Genesis Evangelion

4. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    My thoughts and prayers go out to this little boy.

5. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Size matter not... Seems to me the young one has the will and strength of heart to fight. Sometimes that makes all the difference in the galaxy.

There is always hope.

6. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Thanks for sharing. As one who was fortunate enough to be involved in a Make-A-Wish Project, I know how much it means to these kids. It's one of the most incredible and at the same time heart=breaking things you will ever do. What I love now, is they no longer refer to it as a terminal illness, but life-threatening. Yup, I agree. "Never tell me the odds!" My little guy is still going. He has his good days and bad days, but he is never far from my thoughts and prayers.

Now, another one to add to that list of positive thoughts. What an adorable little guy! And the look on his face, priceless. A Big THANK YOU goes out to everyone who helped make his dream come true. You are all heros in my book! Thanks for sharing this. After a rough day at work, and dealing with a couple of parents who were true jerks, seeing this just absolutely made my day worthwhile! :)

7. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    My heart goes out to this kid. What a lot to have to go through at such a young age. Good thing about kids though is they are usually very strong. Stronger than adults, I tend to notice.
    I hope he's doing well.

8. elmoizme

elmoizme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    This was posted Tuesday evening

"Just a bit of news. Trevor's surgury went well. It lasted most of the day and he's doing better than anyone expected. Please continue to keep him in your thoughts and prayers."

[face_dancing]

9. GreytaleNovastar1138

GreytaleNovastar1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2005
    This is GREAT news!

It's also *exactly* the idea behind why I've been putting together my staged project. Sometimes... it feels like we'll never be ready soon enough, and I'm just worried we won't be able to touch enough lives with it. I really can't wait to show the entire thing at schools and children's hospitals and the like...

And although I'm not in Utah (and it's unlikely myself and the team could just up and go there)... May The Force be with him.

I'll make sure to dedicate one of our performances to him, and be sure people can learn from his situation / story.

"Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter."

10. SiaLanWezz

SiaLanWezz Jedi Knight star 2

May 8, 2004
    Very good news, my heart goes out to him and his family. My thoughts and prayers are with them. After all, some of us identify with just this type of a thing. Seems like the kid is a fighter and full of spirit, that is good thing. May he have a speedy recovery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.