Det, MI Yoda gets an award!

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Scooby_Wan_Kenobi, Jun 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    From the MTV movie awards:

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- You don't have to exist to get an MTV Movie Award.

Saturday's irreverent ceremony at the Shrine Auditorium honored the little green Jedi, Yoda, for best fight scene from "Star Wars: Episode II?Attack of the Clones," while the raspy creep Gollum from "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" won for "virtual performance" and for best on screen team for its performance alongside human co-stars Elijah Wood and Sean Astin.

Yoda appeared on a giant screen to accept the honor and spoke in his signature circuitous manner.

"Hmmm ... grateful am I to this award receive. To win, I did not expect," he said. "Promise myself cry I would not."

He went on to thank supporters ranging from "Star Wars" creator George Lucas to Wookie Chewbacca, Vin Diesel, space monster Greedo and actor Steve Guttenberg.

The computer-animated Yoda became angry when music played him off the stage.

After the virtual performance award went to Gollum, actor Andy Serkis ? who voiced the character and performed the movements for its computer animation ? appeared on screen to thank the filmmaker and special effects crew for their work in bringing the monster to life.

Then, the emaciated Gollum clamored over to snatch the trophy from Serkis' hands.

"You're a liar and a thief," Gollum hissed. "It's mine!"

Gollum went on to deliver an expletive-filled tirade against the filmmakers, actors, MTV and audience, while Serkis stood by looking embarrassed.

At least a little bit of recognition for LCL!
  2. robertyodarugenstein Jedi Master

star 4
    This is the thing that i don't like about the MTV awards is that they held the last Saturday and they are to air later this week. So by the time that they air we all know who won. Where is the suspence in it.

But is nice to see that Yoda won.
  3. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    I speculate that they taped it this year because of Tatu. I didn't see the awards but I did see highlights from their act. I can only imagine what the live show was like...
  4. Rocketboy78 Jedi Knight

star 1
    The Mtv Movie Awards are taped a week or so before every year.

Something funny about Yoda's acceptance. Watch it with closed captioning on.
    When he thanks "...Watto, Chewie...", my CC said "Wild Julie." LOL, whoever typed it up didn't know much about Star Wars.
  5. robertyodarugenstein Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeap it is always taped a week ahead in case some one goes postal at them. Can't have any cuse words said live.
  6. Rocketboy78 Jedi Knight

star 1
    But, the VMAs are live every year, except for a slight delay for cussin' and such.
  7. Darth_Tylirion Jedi Master

star 2
    I happened to be flipping through the stations here in good ol' SARS land and they were re-airing the MTV Awards.

While the canned stuff is pretty dumb, this show was kinda good this year.

Justin Timberlake and Sean William Scott were pretty funny. Whoever did the artwork for the fake comics did a good job.

Andy Richter and Keanu Reeves saying "woah", was pretty funny. But the Will Farrell Matrix parody in the beginning was the best. If anyone has a copy of that, let me know!

Harrison Ford was pretty funny when he said "I made the kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs" and didn't get any response for it. Man those kids must be young out there. :) Although when he said, "Snakes? Why did it have to be snakes?" They roared.

The close ups on GL were great. Never see him out in public, so that was cool.

But yoda gettin' all "homey" sucked. Funny that he thanked Steve Gutenberg. But a "peace to your homeys" - "down wit y'all" thing very very dumb.

And yes - Tatu, "woah"

{edit} Almost forgot - Lavagrrrl, scottish hobbit accepted an award with elija.

Just my $0.134 (that's CA, eh)

-Darth "Back Bacon" Tylirion
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.