main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Yoda in EpIII (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarthAstuart, Aug 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Once again, POSSIBLE SPOILERS. I'll try to leave appropriate space...

and we're off.

Did anyone else see this on TheForce.Net?

A word of warning: We post this because we believe in posting everything that comes our way that seems even *slightly* possible of appearing in ROTS. Therefore, we post this, word for word how it was sent to us. Judge for yourself.

Highlight to read: Okay. Here's how the scene was described to me. The setting... Tattooine (sic). Yoda and Chewbacca are together when the Clonetroopers are ordered to kill the Jedi. What does Yoda do? He grabs some mud, smears it on his face, jumps on Chewbacca's back, acts all stupid like his first appearance in Empire Strikes Back, and pretends to be Chewie's pet.

To further the deception, he farts. Yes, you read that right: Yoda farts.

Let the wild speculation begin.

UPDATE - Response has (obviously) been pretty overwhelming, but at least one person has pointed out that (Highlight) Yoda and Chewie will probably be on Kashyyyk, not Tatooine. Of course, we're looking into it. Stay tuned.

i like the idea of yoda "playing dumb" and reverting to his Empire persona to trick the clonetroopers, but...

if yoda FARTS, I will be violent somehow in the theater. i swear. it's an idea that falls directly on that iffy line of, "is this too dumb to contemplate actually making it into the prequels? or just dumb enough?"

discuss.

2. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    I wanted to hurl things in disgust with the eopie fart in TPM.

I wanted to walk out of AOTC when Threepio said, "This is such a drag."

If Yoda farts in ROTS....if Yoda f$*^($ng FARTS in ROTS...there will be blood.

You know, we made it through the original series JUST FINE without any bodily functions, and we can damn well make it through Episode III without any more.

If George wants to pretend that the pre-Special Edition triolgy doesn't exist, fine. Neither do the prequels. Yoda flatuence will kill them in my mind, and I will never admit to their existence again.

3. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    There is NO WAY (well..at least I hope) that spoiler can be correct...it has got to be a sick joke....

please...
    let it be a joke...
    I don't think even I could overlook that one....

4. Noval

Noval Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2002
    The big bucks are in **** and fart jokes...

Somebody famous said that in a movie... [face_dancing]

5. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    wrong the Pit of Carkoon actually belched after someone fell in , in ROTJ

6. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    I thought about that. Was that only in the Special Edition, or was that in the original release?

Either way it bugs me, and I don't like it. Still, a belch is less innocuous than flatuence, and there is the fact that it came from a fairly simple creature buried in the sand whose main goal in life is just to eat things, not a revered Jedi Master.

7. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    He's making it OK, because in the RotJ:SE(SE's) he's going to have Yoda fart right after the line "There is another....Sky...Walk...er..." (FART)

This is because you lose control of your bowels right when you become one with the Force.

8. DarthAstuart

Nov 28, 2000
    Which is, of course, an homage to Luca Brasi voiding his bowels as he's choked to death in The Godfather, something mentioned quite vividly in the book (as I recall) but not in the film...

until the Godfather SE, when Luca will void his bowels in a specacular CG sequence unlike anything we've ever seen.

9. RexGetz

RexGetz Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 13, 2003
    Ahhh, c'mon guy's...you and I know that that theater is going to bust out laughing when Yoda "LETS ONE LOOSE". I?m looking forward to see this.

10. DarthAstuart

Nov 28, 2000
    rex, the only way I'm laughing at a fart during EpIII is if I produce it.

11. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    I'll laugh if Springer farts ('cause they smell like berries), but I can't muster any humor at seeing in a sci-fi movie. Notice we never see a bathroom on the Enterprise? We know they're there, it's just not thrown in our face.

12. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    The best sci-fi bodily function joke is still that mammoth list of directions for the zero-grav toilet (along with the puzzled/curious/overwhelmed look on what's-his-face's face while reading them) in 2001.

-Le Penguin
    "And now, a man with a stoat through his head."

13. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    In space, no one can hear you fart.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.