main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yoda is reckless?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Siths_R_Us, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siths_R_Us

Siths_R_Us Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2004
    How come Yoda never mentioned dark side lightning and how to deal with it to Luke? He obviously knows how to deal with it in AotC when he stops Dooku's force lightning. He must have known that the emperor would use it against him...

2. ___Sithspawn___

___Sithspawn___ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2004
    Even Jedi Masters make mistakes. I wouldn't call yoda reckless, though. That's an oxymoron.

3. Siths_R_Us

Nov 22, 2004
    Its quite a mistake. He tells Luke not to underestimate the emperor and still he forgets to mention force lightning...

4. romanuk

romanuk Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2002
    What was up with Obi-Wan's and Yoda's conversation at the beginning?

Yoda: "Full of anger, this one".

OB1: "So was I, if you'll remember."

I don't remember OB1 being full of anger..

5. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    You don't have to see every little detail on screen.
    Obi Wan wasn't a child in TPM, now was he?

6. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Well the first thing is that it must have taken great skill and training to deflect the lighting with the hand as Yoda did. I don't think just anyone could do that. Anakin who was trained in a proper way was not able to do that in Attack of the Clones. So it is not just a thing that anyone can do.

Yoda may have told him he could deflect it with a lightsaber. It could have been off screen. Or maybe Palpatine's lighting is too powerful and won't be deflected from a lightsaber.

The last possiblity is that Luke knew how to deflect it but chose not to. In this way he could gain sympathy from his father and turn him back to the light side.

Yoda is not reckless. He had to teach Luke many things and we really don't have the details on this.

-Seldon

7. DarthGelatinous

DarthGelatinous Jedi Master star 2

May 15, 2001
    Yoda had what, like twenty minutes to train Luke. That was barely enough time to cover running front flips and rock stacking.

8. Warrior_of_Mandalore

Warrior_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    I think he was afraid of a conversation like this:

Yoda: "Hmmm, yes. By the way, shoot lightning from his fingertips, the Emperor can."

Luke: "Really? Sweet. What the hell am I doing throwing rocks around? I'm going Dark Side!"

Warrior_of_Mandalore Strikes Again!

9. Absydian

Absydian Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 21, 2004
    Yoda had about a month of training with luke on dagobah before he rushed off.

I would wager to guess it takes a decent amount of skill to even deflect it with a light saber let alone absorb it with your hand.

Luke comparably was a pretty newb jedi. Had it not been for his father he would of been killed. Also remember they weren't trying to kill Luke they were trying to turn him.

Ultimately Vader telling Luke he was his father was his own undoing. While it sucked to hear it, it gave Luke an enormous edge over Vader.

10. Fallen_Jedi21

Fallen_Jedi21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2004
    Who says that it would do any good? I mean come on, he's the reigning Sith Lord 3 apprentices in a row and Emperor of the galaxy. I think Palps' lightning would be just a bit stronger than Dooku's.

11. Siths_R_Us

Nov 22, 2004
    Considerng Luke was a noob it must have been a "here goes nothing" feeling to send him againts vader and the emperor.
    With a couple of months of training what was the chance that Luke would succeed?
    We saw what Dooku did to Anakin in AotC. Anakin had been trained for years and was the choosen one, still he got his ass kicked by Dooku.

12. vader_jedi_anakin

vader_jedi_anakin Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2004
    Going back to the ob1 being angry part if u read the books about him and qui-gon then you would no, qui-gon didnt want him to be his padawan at first because of that very reason his last padawan fell to the dark side so he was quite hesatent to choose a padawan with anger.

Long live Yoda!

13. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Which also creates a nice mirror between Obi-Wan and Anakin.

14. vader_jedi_anakin

Nov 23, 2004
    Very good you are my young pupil :D

Long live Anakin

15. DINVADER26

DINVADER26 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    I find it funny that people constantly misquote or quote lines out of context from the movies.

16. vader_jedi_anakin

Nov 23, 2004
    Lol yoda speech is the bomb man why not use it?

17. newwillorder

newwillorder Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 29, 2004
    I think Yoda was training Luke to face Vader more than he was training Luke to face the Emperor. I know this is off-topic but it leads me to believe that Yoda and Obi-wan wanted the Luke to meet Vader for the specific purpose of re-awakening Anakin so he could kill the Emperor. I know that last part was probably said a hundred times by other posters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.