main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yoda: "Many possible futures there are"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Aug 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    It's basically just another way of saying his original "always in motion is the future".

2. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    we are well and truly forked.

3. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    This.

4. TriaKiryu

TriaKiryu Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2009
    Sort of interesting that they chose to use the line "...and many possible futures there are." Cause it reads to me like they're giving themselves some wiggle room there. Sure it's just another way of saying his Ep. V line; but the way he does it just stuck out to me.

Granted, I could just be reading to much into a toss away line [wouldn't be the first time, likely not the last]. But it would be an "out" if they decided to take the series in a direction that doesn't match Episode III, the Dark Times, and the Original Trilogy 1:1. Basically them coming out with "Well Yoda did say...."

Then again, as long as it's fun and entertaining, I'll give whatever they come up with a spin around the block.

5. Koonster

Koonster Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2009
    Hopefully everything in the first trailer that is shown in a cloudy dream fashion will have it's own infinities: Grievous beating Obi-Wan, Aurra killing Ahsoka...

6. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    At some point in the show's future, I wouldn't mind seeing an AU episode - probably book-ended as a vision of a 'possible future' experienced by one of the main characters, likely Ahsoka - in which we see what would happen if the Separatists win the war. Plenty of opportunities to highlight how much/little it would change compared to what we know we eventually end up with.

7. TriaKiryu

TriaKiryu Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2009
    Could be that right now Clone Wars isn't on track to lead into Ep. III and beyond into Ep. IV through Ep. VI. It does seem like the more Jedi or Sith try to stop specific vision of the future from happening, more often than not they cause it to come about in some fashion or another. So maybe by trying to stop whatever vision or vision Ashoka is having they bring about Order 66 and the rise of the Empire.

8. Koonster

Nov 5, 2009
    Vision of order 66, epic battle between clones and Jedi [face_praying]

9. TriaKiryu

TriaKiryu Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2009
    Hmmm...maybe a Clone Wars crossover (episode, series finale, movie?) into Episode III. A side story that was happening at the same time as Order 66. Ahsoka rescuing some of the Jedi, leading a evac, that sort of thing.

10. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    No, not parellel futures. Yoda means there are many possible futures, and only Ahsoka can choose her's. Like Anakin, she has dreams, (whatever they may be), and the way she deals with them will affect her future greatly.

11. Koonster

Nov 5, 2009
    And then vanishing into exile like Yoda and Obi-Wan... [face_thinking]

12. TriaKiryu

TriaKiryu Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2009
    Not parallel, same future, one single line of continuity, but Ahsoka's fate during and after Order 66. Basically a "untold story" sort of thing.

The way I see it, unless they want to kill her off (always an option), Lucasfilm is going to have to have a explanation, an out for the character.

13. They could kill her off

14. They could have her sent away on some mission and leave her fate unkown

15. They could end the series on a cliff hanger and let the EU button up her fate

16. They could show her and a group of Jedi refugees taking off into exil/hiding the night of the March on the Temple
  18. Koonster

Nov 5, 2009
    A group of survivors... hmm Shaak Ti and Coleman Ckaj :D [face_praying]

19. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    I think you guys are looking for the "Ahsoka's Fate" thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.