main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yoda mesh released!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Carl_el_cee, Jul 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carl_el_cee

Carl_el_cee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2002
    Thats right! And until I find out how to make him move, heres my first render. Credit goes to the creator, Jay Hosfelt, for making such a wonderful mesh, long time seeked, and at last made!

[image=http://www.kaischaller.com/carl/j.jpg]

:D

Carl

2. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    The face is FANTASTIC.

The rest of the head and hands still need some work.
    Nevertheless ... great to have the addition. :D

3. Carl_el_cee

Jun 9, 2002
    Agreed, TAC. Also, I wonder why he has this black thing over his chest. If you take his clothes off, btw (no, I'm not what you're thinking), he has this black patch all over his body. Its weird to see yodas legs. He looks much -never though I'd say this- younger. Meaning more... complete... you know... :D

Carl

4. darth_kohai

darth_kohai Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    He doesn't look a day over 700 :p

Cool. When do we get to see him dance?

5. BrentK7

BrentK7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    wicked cool

6. Lord_Homer

Lord_Homer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    I read in the scifi3d forum that there will be an upgrade of this one coming out soon! :D

7. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    TWO WORDS MAN!!! HOLY SHINTO!!!!

Good lord that looks great,

Only thing I dont like about it is his hand, his hand looks kinda clayish, and I think he needs some hair,

But besides that, THIS IS BEAUTIFUL AND IS JUST WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR!!!

Will this ever be available for people to...You know? Use in those 3d programs and make movies? Im new to CGI.

8. Carl_el_cee

Jun 9, 2002
    As I mentioned in my first post, DarthVader, this is a render that I did in MAX. So it obviously is out already for 3D "those 3D programs" ;)

Carl

9. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Actually, Carl, this is what you said in your first post:

Thats right! And until I find out how to make him move, heres my first render. Credit goes to the creator, Jay Hosfelt, for making such a wonderful mesh, long time seeked, and at last made!

Nothing about MAX, bud. Before making a statement like that, check your facts.

10. Pixelito

Pixelito Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    //pre-emptively uses Jedi mind trick on Carl

Relax....

11. Carl_el_cee

Jun 9, 2002
    I'm relaxed, and before this goes on any further, the program does matter. Just read the sentence again: "Here is my first RENDER". By saying render, I make it clear that I first imported it into a 3D program, regardless which one I did it in. I don't talk nonsense, not to worry ;)
    If you still disagree heres the whole matter broken into a tiny moursel: If its a RENDER that I did, I obviously needed a 3D program TO render it.
    And Shoveler, what do you find funny about it now?

Carl

12. Shoveler

Shoveler Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    Lovin' it EagleIFilms haha :D

13. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    As I mentioned in my first post, DarthVader, this is a render that I did in MAX.

Hm...

Like I said in my first post in this thread, you should say exactly what you mean, and don't expect that everyone knows what 'render' means.

14. Pixelito

Pixelito Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    "Here is my first RENDER". By saying render, I make it clear that I first imported it into a 3D program, regardless which one I did it in. I don't talk nonsense, not to worry

to CARL (not you, EagleI): but he [EagleI] asked WHICH program it was from, which is not something you addressed.

does that clear it up, Eagle?

15. EagleIFilms

Apr 6, 2001
    Actually, he didn't.

He just asked if the mesh would be available for 3D programs.

But I'm just trying to address Carl not being right with his facts.

16. Shoveler

Mar 8, 2001
    Carl, a wise man admits there is much he does not know and can admit when he is wrong. Some clever words there. Now I'm not trying to start a flame war here I'm just saying maybe you should take a little more care in how you respond to people's posts. You seem to talk down to people on this board and I think that's a very negative thing to do seeing as we're all here to help each other. Now I respect you just like everybody else and have seen you turn out quality work I just don't like to see this go to people's heads, and I'm not saying it has with you.

Shoveler

17. Carl_el_cee

Jun 9, 2002
    He asked if it was out for those "3D programs", I responded that obviously it is if I've done a render. Ok, I can admit the mistake of not explaining what a render is for those that do not know the term. But other than that, I don't think I have expressed myself incorrectly.
    Forget MAX and the concrete facts, DarthVade79 used the term "those 3D programs", and I responded yes (adding that I had done it in 3D Studio MAX). Anyway, this bickering is pointless... Lets just keep with the topic. The Yoda mesh is released. What else is there to say? I mean, come on! The topic says it all, the YODA MESH is RELEASED! Wheres the complication in that?

Carl

18. Shoveler

Mar 8, 2001
    Shoveler repeats his previous post.

Carl, I don't think you expressed yourself incorrectly maybe just a little inappropriately. As I said in my previous post I have respect for you and everybody else on this board and I hope you do to.

Shoveler

19. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    JEEZ!! STOP BEING MEAN TO THE POOR GUY!!!!

OR HE MIGHT NOT RELEASE IT IN "those 3D programs" AT ALL!!!

20. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    What do you mean, "not release it"? It's up on Sci-Fi 3D right now, in MAX and 3DS formats. A little late to "not release it".

Which is odd, considering it was modeled in LW, but I won't bother with that at the moment.

I don't see what all the hubbub is about in this thread.. are there actually people here who don't know that the words "mesh" and "render" are referring to CGI?

21. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, 2D proggies like AE also "render" the final product.

But mesh, ain't no excuse.

BTW, 2016, you've got mail. :)

M. Scott

22. Nerddogs

Nerddogs Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2001
    Here's that bad boy RENDERED in BLENDER (I guess that falls into one of the other 3d programs):
    [image=http://www.geocities.com/nerddogs/yoda.txt]

23. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Bad boy indeed, he looks SATANIC! [face_laugh]

M. Scott

24. Carl_el_cee

Jun 9, 2002
    Ah! Now I get it! That black thing that appeared all over Yoda's chest is supposed to be his shirt. But it neaded a plugin for the .max file, thats the plugin that didt work for me... maybe only for 4.2? I shall probably never know...

Carl

25. Nerddogs

Nerddogs Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2001
    "Strong with the dark side I am..he he he.."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.