main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Yoda - MIA

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthHaskett, Jan 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Check this out!

Check this out

Some eyewitnesses saw a short Asian guy driving off with Yoda sticking out of a new Infiniti. Hmm...

2. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    I saw it...i think Jedibith had something to do with it!!! ;) [face_laugh].

Or was it BenduBruce???

3. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Heee! There was a long, silly segment on this on KTLA's morning news...But I swear I didn't do it! I'd LOVE one though...but those Yodas are a tad spendy for me.

Maybe that Yoda just ran away? And is headed to my place to be among his own kind? ;)

JediBith

4. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    <<looks around nervously>>
    Umm.. I was in bed sleeping at the time.. No I was in Van Nuys visiting a friend..right Bubba?

Hey JediBith, I have a present for you.. it'll be a nice addition to your collection.

Wait, someone's knocking at my door... GOTTA GO!!!!

5. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Yea, sure Racer... whatever you say. I will go along for 10% of the net sales. BTW, Shermans Oaks, NOT Van Nuys adjacent. :) :)

Funny thing... I was driving down the main drag in Pasadena, and I swear I saw the Yoda statue in someone's garden off Rose Villa street....

Dude, talk about scandal. Wouldn't it be funny if the LAFF was linked to this... then we would really be outcast/ rebels. OC and SD would never even look at us, let alone talk to us. :D

6. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    for those who are lazy, with a few slight modifications....

Jan 29, 8:38 AM EST

Someone Steals Statue of Yoda

PASADENA, Calif. (AP) -- Someone lifted a 170-pound bronze statue of Yoda, the "Star Wars" Jedi master.

The theft from a flatbed truck was reported to police last weekend and artist Lawrence Noble, 55, of Crestline has offered a $1,000 reward for its return. The limited-edition bronze is worth up to $20,000.

"It's a real high-end collectible," Noble said.

The statue was one of four bolted to a flatbed truck parked overnight Jan. 17 at the Westway Inn on Colorado Boulevard. The driver parked the truck in the parking lot so they could keep an eye on the statues, police spokeswoman Janet Pope said.

But someone grabbed Yoda that night or early the next morning.

"We are treating this as a burglary and we'd appreciate any information the public might have," Pope said.

Eye witnesses described a short Japense looking fellow speeding down the 110 Freeway in a Silver Infiniti. (dodging dogs, doing 90 MPH) All they saw was a pair of bronze Yoda ears. Rumors have it a chased ensued down the 110, but the culprit got away. Other witnesses claim to have heard... I did it for the fan force...you won't take me alive.

The statues were being transported from Artworks Foundry in Berkeley to DKE Enterprises in Los Angeles to be sold, Noble said. Lucasfilm Ltd. commissioned the statues, a part of a planned series featuring other "Star Wars" characters.

Insiders say the leak of information came from the office of the City. e-mail traces of linked it to the office of City Engineers.

Copyright 2004 Associated Press. All rights reserved

7. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Believe me, if I saw it, I would have seriously thought about it. That motel is very close to where both JR and I live. I would have shared custody with JR (JediBith also).

8. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    coincidence, me thinks not... check out the new version of the article... (above)

9. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    HEY! SHHH!!
    Like I said I was in Sherman Oaks at the time...and I was driving my old VW. Yeah.. and the flatbed truck said "scrap metal" on the mudflaps so I thought they were throwing it away.. Oops I mean I was making Shake and Bake in Sherman Oaks.

10. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]....
    Bubba you are tooooooooooooo funny!!!!!!!!!
    Poor JR....

11. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    yea, yea... sure, Me and Racer we made Shake and Bake at my house... then we went to the Roller skating rink.. yea, sure... we have receipts for the "roller dances." The roller girls will vouch for us.

Apparently, a few of my non-SW fans heard this article all over the radio as well. It's net value is $20K.

12. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    You weren't making Shake & Bake, you don't know how to close the Ziploc Bag! As far as the yoda gone AWOL, I think it's a shame that the artist will go uncompensated for the piece, but wonder who would pay the price of a new car for a lawn ornament... Further proof that there are plenty of people in this town with more money than sense.

13. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    D-B, your version was funny beyond words. Yes, TK, people here have too much money. I wish some of it would flow my way sometimes...

14. Darkliner

Darkliner Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2003
    Money is expensive. Expensive things are for rich people, I'm not rich. You do the math.

15. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Maybe the guy thought that old green ears just needed a little fresh air....(?)

16. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    But yoda won't be green for another few years... it takes time for the patina to develop. That statue would look very cool once it's completely green though, hadn't thought of that until Jay made his post.

17. Darkliner

Aug 4, 2003
    you don't tug on super man's cape, you don't spit into the wind, you don't pull the mask off the old lone ranger, and you DON'T STEAL YODA.

18. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Who the hell is Yoda?

19. Darkliner

Aug 4, 2003
    out deamon be cast from jiltedtoo out out
    I say

20. Danamel99

Danamel99 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2001
    LOL! What a riot!

Just a quick little question from a LAFF newbie, but are we really that scandelous? *evil grin* And how did we attain this rep...asside from having a post with Janet's Superbowl photo in it, ofcourse...

21. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    Well our reputation started a while back when we used to argue about football and which strip club was better.

After a few debates about guns and why we should or shouldn't be in Iraq, we tamed ourselves enough to keep the conversations based around alcohol and cow tipping.

Needless to say we are a wild bunch.

22. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Here! Here! I am surprised we haven't been censored in a long time, though I think the Janet Jackson stuff was taken off...

23. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    The link to the picture went bad. Probably too many people looking at it and linking it to message boards...like I did.

24. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Yes, I couldn't stop watching the Janet Jackson .gif.
    Also the cops haven't come over looking for the Bronze statue of a little mupppet that's sitting in my downstairs shower yet.

25. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    You shower with Yoda? That's way too much information, JR. I suppose it will turn green faster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.