main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yoda & Obi-Wan: Talk???

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by jengafett, Dec 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jengafett

jengafett Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    Do these two ever talk after Obi gets killed. Do you think Obi-Wan appears and hangs with Yoda from time to time and tells him to expect Luke. I would think they'd talk but after Luke leaves, Obi-Wan's ghost vanishes, though his voice remains, if he vanishes it must mean he's leaving. So he wont be talking to Yoda, what do you think?

2. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    They probably talked for a bit from time to time, as Yoda was expecting Skywalker, though he could've just felt him enter the star system or was told that he'd be arriving shortly.

3. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I believe that it is very difficult for Obi-Wan to appear. He does not have all the emotions as a ghost that he once had. Personally, I think he would only appear if he really had to. So he may have spoken to Yoda and he may have not. It is really hard to say and depends on personal ways of looking at it.

In the EU, it is rare for a force ghost to appear.

-Seldon

4. Cheebo86

Cheebo86 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 1, 2003
    "He does not have all the emotions as a ghost that he once had."

Whaaa? He acted like he always did.

5. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    That is pure speculation.
    I am just saying, Obi-Wan is not going to care about hanging out with Yoda and talking about old times. He has a message to deliver and then he leaves.

-Seldon

6. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    I agree, but I also think the Obi-Wan would have quite a bit of business to talk with Yoda before Luke came. That Luke was coming, yes, but also perhaps details of Luke's personality, current situation, etc, so Yoda could prepare as well as possible his strategy for training this troublesome and important aprentice. Compare notes, if you will, although Obi-Wan was the one closer to Luke. (I beleive that Yoda had indeed been watching Luke for a long time, as he says, perhaps as visions from the force. But how detailed it actually was...)

7. Ker-Soth

Ker-Soth Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    Something bugging me though. It always seemed to me that Yoda and Ben were not in the best of terms. Did anybody else get that feeling in the PT? Like they had an unfinished argument or something. It almost seems that Ben has to comunicate with Yoda but he doesn't really like the idea.

8. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Well, Yoda never wanted Anakin to be trained.

The one thing Obi-Wan was "willing to defy" Yoda with was training Anakin.

Put 2 and 2 together....

....i don't think there was really any bad blood between them though :)

9. Ker-Soth

Ker-Soth Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    I'm not takling bad blood, maybe a little old folk grunge or something.

10. generallee5

generallee5 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2003
    I think things are fine with Obi-Wan and Yoda, look at the way they talk to one another in that hallway in AOTC. Anyway, I think Yoda and Ben talked to one another quite a bit. Probably talking about Luke, Vader, Obi-Wan probably still saying how much he regretted his mistakes with Anakin, perhaps the Civil War itself (though they never actually talk about the war in the movies.) I don't know, I just picture Obi-Wan popping in and the two of them talking about both the real important stuff, (like Luke's training), and the not so important stuff.

11. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    How were they supposed to keep in contact for 20 years when separated. I imagine as Obi-Wan as a ghost, they had much to contemplate and much to catch up on.

12. generallee5

generallee5 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2003
    yeah before he died the only other way could be through hologram which as far as we know Yoda didn't have.

13. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    They probably hang out from time to time, discuss current events, and then Obi-Wan goes back to ghost land.

That's a good question... what does Obi-Wan do when he's not appearing as a ghost?

14. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    He chills in female Twi-Lekkian shower stalls with Gui-Gon and Kit Fisto

They'd use the force to make them drop their soaps and whoever could hold it to the ground for the longest wins

Obi-Wan was undefeated until Anakin joined the game, they all say he's a cheater though because he has his young form

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.