main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yoda = One of the greatest fictional Characters of all time?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Eminent_Being, Jun 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBoy29

BigBoy29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    Word. VADER'S STATUS AS MOVIE'S GREATEST VILLIAN HAS BEEN IN DECLINING SINCE ROTJ. IT HAS BEEN IN FREEFALL SINCE '02.

HE MAY NEVER REGAIN TOP-BILLING. DAMN SHAME ....

2. mspadme69

mspadme69 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2007
    yoda to me is an icon for star wars, but then again darth vader also.its a rip.:oops:

3. RamRed

RamRed Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    STAR WARS has too many memorable characters for me to single out Yoda as the only who was "one of the greatest fictional characters".

4. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I meant the good itself, not the idea. It was always there but in hibernation. It didn't spontaneously self-generate from nothing in ROTJ.

5. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Oh, then I agree.

6. Zak-Zahar

Zak-Zahar Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2007
    As far as movie characters go, I agree that Yoda is one of the most famous, archetypal, "known" in a "pop culture" way in the real world, of all time.

Think about it: how many people do you know who wouldn't understand a "Yoda" reference or phrase, now?

7. BigBoy29

BigBoy29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2004
    Not so fast ....

My money says John Q. Public would recognize the name Jabba The Hutt just as much as Yoda.
    Espicially everday people over the age of 30.

It would be close ... but when someone wants to characterize a fat chick walking down the street, the term Jabba the Hutt resonates alot.

It's hard for me and other Star Wars fanatics to not think of Yoda's importance to us and realize most remenber him as "the green little Muppet" (my old barber called him that once when he took his grandchild to see P. Menace

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.