Yoda or Emperor, the question is now? Or maybe Windu?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by DarthLegion012, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. DarthDiabolous Jedi Master

star 2
    simple answer for you:

we are assuming mace wasnt as strong in the force as the other 2 because, when sidious shoots lightning at him, he blocks it with his lightsaber rather than absorbing it or pushing it back the same way yoda has. very simple.

oh and no offense but it seems to me that you either love samuel l jackson or you are in a samuel l jackson cult... haha jk
  2. DarthDiabolous Jedi Master

star 2
    thats probably because it was his own lightning and you should be able to control your own powers, no matter who you are... if he is strong enough to get the lightning going in the right direction in the first place than why cant he block it?
  3. windu25 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yoda had the same reaction, but had his saber blasted from his hands, then he blocked it with his hands.
  4. DarthDiabolous Jedi Master

star 2
    well yoda was distracted in this duel... if you remeber dooku was throwing objects at obi wan and anakin so yoda had to stop these objects from falling and that is when dooku found the moment to escape, and yoda was more powerful than dooku... why else would dooku try to escape?
  5. DarthDiabolous Jedi Master

star 2
  6. DarthDiabolous Jedi Master

star 2
    i have some very good words of advice for all of you here:

we all have our own opinions and that is great, it really is, i believe it is your right to your own opinion...

sometimes you may be able to persuade someone to change their opinion although most of the time this is not possible...

and most importantly:
    you cannot have an ARGUMENT with an IGNORANT man.
  7. Rossa83 Jedi Master

star 4
    To follow the philosophy of Gandalf: who is the fool, the fool or the fool who follows the fool?

I find it entertaining to discuss who is the strongest - I suppose it's kind of a guy thing, and it doesn't involve a heck of a lot of great thinking, but as I said - it's fun! It wouldn't be fun if everyone agreed with me. So I think it's marevellous that there are "ignorant" people out there - or as I think I would rather put it - people with another perception of things...
  8. RamRed Force Ghost

star 4
    And why didn't losing a hand diminsh Anakin's Force power but what happened on Mustafar did? Well, I don't think it's as simple as how many limbs he lost. Anakin wasn't mortally injured on Genosis. He lost an arm, but was otherwise still healthy and hale, and full of vigor and energy, ie, with a strong connection to the Force. But after Mustafar, Anakin is on life support and essentially in intensive car for the rest of his life. He can't breathe on his own, circulate his blood on his own, or survive without mechanical aid. He's mortally wounded, with only a thin connection to this life left, and that's why he loses so much of his Force power.

And yet . . . Obi-Wan told Anakin that if the latter kills him, he would become more powerful with the Force than ever. Qui-Gon manages to learn how to maintain his consciousness with the Force . . . after his death.

This whole explaination of Lucas that Anakin's wounds caused him to lose so much of his Force power does not sit well with me. I guess I'll simply not accept it.
  9. DarthLegion012 Jedi Master

star 1
    I agreed.I don't think that Anakins wounds caused him to lost many of his powers.The Force can not be lost like that.There is an example that shows that pain could even make someone stronger and more powerful.That is the case of Darth Sion.He was the Sith Lord with so many wounds that it was miracle that he managed to stay alive.But that wounds made him stronger in the Force.Maybe Anakins wounds made him weaker in lightsaber duels, but to weak his Force powers, i simply don't think so.
  10. DarthDiabolous Jedi Master

star 2

I agreed.I don't think that Anakins wounds caused him to lost many of his powers.The Force can not be lost like that.There is an example that shows that pain could even make someone stronger and more powerful.That is the case of Darth Sion.He was the Sith Lord with so many wounds that it was miracle that he managed to stay alive.But that wounds made him stronger in the Force.Maybe Anakins wounds made him weaker in lightsaber duels, but to weak his Force powers, i simply don't think so.[/quote]

right you are my young padawan...lol
  11. mjerome3 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Go and watch ROTS again, people. Since Yoda and Palpatine fought to a draw, the proof is that both of them are equal in power. Never once did either have an advantage over the other. Anakin lost to Obi-Wan because of recklessness and stupidity. Otherwise he would have defeated Obi-Wan had he been more attentive and less emotional.

Had Anakin remained a Jedi, eventually he and Luke would have been the most powerful.
  12. PMT99 Force Ghost

star 4
    Or maybe Sidious was stalling too long which allowed Mace to gained the upper hand

But Mace isn't that certain that Palpatine was faking since he saw how much the Force lightning had messed up Palps but Mace still wanted to end the fight regardless. The way Palpatine would've finish off Mace would be just like the scene in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves where it looked like the Sherriff of Nottingham had Robin defeated and was about to kill him but Robin surprised him when he pulled out a knife and stabbed the Sherriff in the chest which is exactly what Palpatine would've done to Mace.

Maybe those facial expressions were Palpatine's way of showing how he waited years to stick it to the Jedi and it looked like that he had Mace running for the hills after killing off his Jedi posse until they were in Palps' office where the fight was evenly-matched.
  13. Rossa83 Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't agree with you on that. We see Mace backing away and we see Sideous with an oustretched arm - Sideous trying to stab Windu, but Windu was able to elude him.

I don't think that Mace bought anything that Sideous faked or whined. He knew he was dealing with a Sith Lord who had deceived all the Jedi. The difference with the scene in Robin Hood and SW is that Mace was not gloating. He was fixed on Sideous, and that is why he lost his arm to Anakin. He was so focused on Sideous, expecting such a move that he ignored the danger in Anakin. Hence it could not happen the way you describe it - first he would have to jump through Mace's saber - and that would hurt!!:D

Yoda was off balance and held his saber in one hand - loosely it seems. Mace held a firm grip around his saber. If you claim that Palps got quickly on his feet you must be kidding me. Do you honestly think that Mace was THAT slow? That would remind me of the scene in Austin Powers where the bad guy stands around for two minutes shouting NOOOOOOO before the slow moving vehicle runs him over.
    When you are on the ground, you lost your saber, you have your hands in front of you and you resorted to lightning but didn't succeed you are pretty much screwed! If Mace can hang with Sideous, he sure can kill him when he has him disarmed on the floor!

Palpatine's facial expressions were a sharade. That was a show put on for Anakin. He was struggling with the lightning, and it was deflected back at him - most likely due to the close distance. After he lost enters the brilliance of Palpatine and there is where I fail to understand why you can't see that. If you love that character, that is what you should love him for... The brilliant manipulator!!!
  14. OBIJUAN76 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Everything once again well said Rossa! =D=
Moderators: Bazinga'd
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.