main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yoda should have a white lightsaber

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Patton00, Apr 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Patton00

Darth_Patton00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2005
    Sidious should have a black one and Yoda should have a white one. That way if they duel in ROTS it would be white vs. black. That would be the ultimate way to portray the duel between the master of good and the master of evil.

2. Joeykin_Starrunner

Joeykin_Starrunner Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2005
    Well, I always thought that Yoda should be the only Jedi with a different colored lightsaber..perhaps a yellow one....to begin with, not Mace Windu. In my opinion, Windu is just a side character who has not been developed enough to warrant being the only one with a different colored lightsaber. His is purple just cause he's Sam Jackson, plain and simple. Yoda is not only THE MASTER of all Masters, but a well developed character as well...he should be the one to have a different colored saber, cause he's earned that right over four movies (so far).

At any rate, I never pictured Yoda with a white saber before, although that may be kinda cool. As for Sidious having a black one...that coulda worked as well I guess. Variety is the spice of life, after all =)

3. Obladi_Oblada

Obladi_Oblada Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 18, 2005
    Personally, I think all the Jedi sabers should have been white. Or at least all blue. Look at those AotC posters with all the Jedi in the background with white sabers. With all the neon-looking green and blue sabers and a purple one in the arena it all looks kind of cheesy.

4. Matt-trooper

Matt-trooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2005
    I think the colors they have now are fine

5. padawan-yoda

padawan-yoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    would a white saber show up well on screen?

but i like yoda with the greensaber since he is green

6. An_Aussie_Fan

An_Aussie_Fan Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2004
    You can't emit a black light. It's impossible to have a black lightsaber.

7. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    It's not impossible in the Star Wars universe.

8. obi1jedinite

obi1jedinite Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 20, 2002
    *thumbs down*

9. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    Personally, I feel that there should have been a variety of different lightsaber colours used in the films. Why does George feel that "good guys" can only use green and blue (isn't yellow a colour of good, in that respect?) and the "bad guys" can only use red?

10. Deeysew

Deeysew Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    One of them uses purple because he's a popular movie star. That's shaking things up a bit.

11. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    True, but I still think that a yellow lightsaber would have been awesome. I remember way back, just after The Phantom Menace, when I was looking at the LucasArts website in the section for Jedi Power Battles; seeing Plo Koon with a yellow 'saber automatically confirmed him in my mind as "favourite Jedi Council member." I was disappointed to discover that he would not be wielding this yellow blade in Attack of the Clones, but instead bore a plain ol' blue...ah well, it's only a minor gripe. The arena battle is still my favourite action sequence in the film. :cool:

12. padawan-yoda

padawan-yoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    I like having only 2 colors for the jedi because it helps make windu's character feel more important and powerful since he's the only one using purple

13. Lord_Morningstar

Lord_Morningstar Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    The issue with white is that it doesn?t always show up too well, especially against a light background. The same would apply with yellow, I guess. I?m fairly happy for the Jedi to use Green and Blue. I felt that the start of the area battle was a bit silly, but not because of the colours of the lightsabers. It was more the way that the Jedi drew their weapons with ridiculous motions and danced around like ballerinas, some of them grinning. Having them simply come out of the doors and stuff and ignite their sabers with a serious and austere look about them would have been far more effective IMHO, but that?s a point for another thread.

Personally, I would have given Dooku a purple saber. Adds a bit more ambiguity to his character, and I think it suits him. As a maverick, he rejects the normal blue and green, and purple is an imperious colour that suits his imperious background and nature. He could possibly have a red one in EpIII if required, especially if he ever needed to fight Mace.

A black saber is impossible; the weapon is called a lightsaber, and for good reason; it emits light. Black light is impossible; it would be a shadow saber, and how such a weapon could be visualized I have no idea. I think that, in the tradition of Maul and Vader, Sidious should have a red saber if he needs to use one.

14. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Well good news, Sidious DOES have a red saber in ROTS and he uses it. We saw that in the trailers. :)

15. DARTH_RAMA

DARTH_RAMA Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    i think thats prety *** and stupid idea.

Strilo edit: I think this post was not a good idea...using 'gay' in this fashion is not allowed.

16. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Yoda is not only THE MASTER of all Masters, but a well developed character as well...

Indeed he has been well developed, and ask yourself: is Yoda the type to even want a differently coloured lightsaber?

Not even remotely.

- O_F

17. HisManOfTomorrow

HisManOfTomorrow Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2005
    I think he should have a brown lightsaber.

18. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    The lightsaber colors are fine the way they are. Blue and green for Jedi, and red for Sith. Of course there is the exception of Mace Windu's purple.

The reason for the colors being fine the way they are is that they show up well and wouldn't be too bright or too dim. White would be too bright, and black wouldn't even show up.

19. HowardFilms

HowardFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    Actually, they would look fine, because the aura of the saber would be the only thing that chandes. Think of a saber that was black and kinda sucked up light though, that would be sweet!

20. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    Actually, I think it's more realistic if only certain kinds of colors are in prevalence. Most lightsaber crystals are likely gotten from one particular place (named in some reference source or another), so it makes sense that the majority of lightsabers would be either blue or green. Now, masters like Mace Windu may prefer a little something more out of the box, but Jedi like Anakin or Obi Wan (who are apparently consistently losing their lightsbabers :p) might just use anything available.

A black lightsaber sounds interesting, but...how exactly do you intend to get a black laser?

21. Lord_Mideon

Lord_Mideon Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2005
    On the subject of Mace having a purple lightsaber, its because he has an Electrom Light Saber. If you watch the Ep II TV Spots, Yoda & Obi Wans are described as Crytal Light Sabers, and Mace's is described as above.

I have no idea what the difference is but, anyone shed any light on this?

I think the 3 Colours for the Jedi are fine. But i think that Sidious should have a Yellow Blade. But then thats just me.

22. Darth_Patton00

Darth_Patton00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2005
    I think the color of the lightsabers is determined by the gem that is inside them. I think I read somewhere that they get them on Ilum in a cave. However I think that I also read that they are real gems that exist in the real world. For example, the Sith might use Rubies for red blades. And the jedi saphires for blue and emeralds for green.

So maybe a white lightsaber could use a diamond or something. Now a black lightsaber, I'm not sure how you would set that up. You people have good points that its called a LIGHTsaber and therefore black is impossible. But there is one problem with that. This is the MOVIES so black is totally possible. Maybe Sidious could have infused it with dark side energy to make it suck up light or something, I don't know.

23. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    On the subject of Mace having a purple lightsaber, its because he has an Electrom Light Saber. If you watch the Ep II TV Spots, Yoda & Obi Wans are described as Crytal Light Sabers, and Mace's is described as above.

An Electrum Lightsaber in this case is pretty much saying it has a "GOLD" hilt.

24. Brobu

Brobu Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 22, 2002
    I really think that Jedi and Sith running around with the entire spectrum of colours in their lightsabres would look pretty ridiculous. Blue and green for Jedi and red for Sith. The sabres are not that important to the character, other than to tell that they are Force users. Furthermore, it would not be a very humble thing if every Jedi wanted a different lightsabre colour from everyone else. Tradition is a staple of the Jedi, as for the Sith. If you deviate, it had better be for a good reason.

And SLJ's purple sabre is a bit stupid, seeing as there is no reason he should have it. It should just be blue.

25. -diVe-

-diVe- Jedi Master

Jan 15, 2002
    Before Attack of the Clones came out, I had hoped Yoda had a yellow lightsaber. Because I thought yellow would compliment his skin color.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.