main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yoda should have known he couldn't kill Sidious because he wasn't the Chosen One, but...

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by blastshield, Aug 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJain

JediJain Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2005
    Oh thats great I am new here and your first words are go to jail.

Hey go have a nice day.

2. DARTHMORDOR

DARTHMORDOR Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    then don't steal the movie!

3. DARTHMORDOR

Jun 17, 2003
    look I am sorry if I was rude, but I take the subject of stealing movies very seriously. if you enjoy movies in general you are contributing to the end of the theater going experience. if you have respect for the film, the writers, the director, the actors, and mostimportanly the crew that works their butts off, you would not steal movies. you disrespect everybody involved and you disrespcet other fans by taking part in piricary of film.

4. DS_Emp_Viper

DS_Emp_Viper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2001
    Yoda did not forsee Anakin falling to the darkside, if that answers your question.

Inless of course he did and secretly wanted the jedi to be destroyed...

5. DARTHMORDOR

Jun 17, 2003
    viper nice signiture!

yoda saw something big happening, but the actual fall of the jedi was a suprise to him. and he did not want the jedi order to cease. not even a little bit

6. JediJain

JediJain Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2005
    I didn't steal the movie.

I was doing a car show (JOB) and a kid put it in my car to show on my car's Video screens. I was blown away that he even had it. I said where did you get this? He said "keep it"

How could I say no?

I will buy it as soon as it comes out, in fact I will be in line at midnight the night before at walmart...

I just could not say no. And I have seen the movie 5 times in the theatre too...

7. DARTHMORDOR

Jun 17, 2003
    I understand. yeah I will be ther october 31st too

8. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    Jedi Jain i'm not trying to mind your business but you probably should edit your message up at the top and get rid of last sentence. Whether you're new here or not the mods will ban you for that. It's considered "flaming" and the mods don't look kindly upon it. I couldn't care less, but i'm just trying to forewarn you

9. JediJain

JediJain Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2005
    Oh and sorry about my other response, tough being new and then being told to go to jail...

I really think that Yoda and Mace should have put this together, remember in episode 2 when Yoda says "grave danger I fear in this boys training...(or something like that)

Then to say a prophecy if read wrong could mean...

10. DS_Emp_Viper

Sep 30, 2001
    Just because Anakin doesn't kill the sith, doesn't mean hes gonna join them. Your using what I like to call "after the fact" thinking.

11. JediJain

JediJain Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2005
    You are probably right. I just felt like there was more to it...

12. TKLasagna

TKLasagna Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2004
    OMG JEDIJAIN you STOLE Star Wars Episode III!!!!!1111 GIVE IT BACK!!!1111

13. Darth_Froschler

Darth_Froschler Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 13, 2004
    I dont know what Yoda was thinking about confronting Sidious. I guess he was desperate. I must say, it was a very desperate situation to be in for that little guy, with the whole jedi order wiped out and all.

When they were mentioning about the prophesy being "mis-read", that means they aren't sure what the will of the force is in this situation, or what "balance" is. The prophesy never said that balance is for the lightside and all the sith be destroyed. It could've been the exact opposite. Meaning the will of the force was to the sith, and having the jedi being destroyed for good.

That's why they were hesistant to train Anakin as a jedi in the first place. Because they weren't sure what the will of the force was in that case. And Anakin being a little old to begin his training didn't help him either.

And thats why they STILL were hesitant with Anakin holding him back sometimes, because as the darkside grew stronger and stronger over the years, they weren't sure if Anakin could handle it. They didn't want to take a risk of sending him on a dangerous mission where the darkside was too tempting to refuse. Fearful that the chosen one would turn to the darkside and bring balance to the sith instead.

This was definitaly the case in ROTS where the darkside was as strong as ever, while Anakin was also unstable as ever. I believe that one of the reasons on why the jedi council didn't send Anakin to destroy Grevious is because the council believes that he can't handle the temptations of the darkside alone. Which is why the kept him on corusant, where they can keep a close eye on him while the days grow darker.

Anyways, I think that Yoda finally thought that Anakin was to bring balance to the darkside. Knowing that Anakin would not attack his own master (yet), decided to give it a whirl and go for sidious himself.

Desperate times calls for desperate measures.....

14. DS_Emp_Viper

Sep 30, 2001
    A lot of good keeping an eye on him did for them. Had they sent both Anakin and Obi-Wan..perhaps it would have been a different story.

15. ProphesiedChosenOne1

ProphesiedChosenOne1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2005

They knew someone attacked Qui Gon who was trained in the arts of the Jedi. He assumed it was a Sith. Then he presented him to the Council after he believed the warrior was a Sith Lord. He than said he believed Anakin was The Chosen One. Right?

16. dhuff1500

dhuff1500 Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2005
    DS_Emp_Viper posted:

A lot of good keeping an eye on him did for them. Had they sent both Anakin and Obi-Wan..perhaps it would have been a different story.[hr][/blockquote]
    Couldn't agree with you more. You'd think the council would've learned by then that splitting up Obi-Wan and Anakin isn't a good decision. In AOTC they almost got executed in the arena due to being separated not to mention it killed hundreds of Jedi. In ROTS Anakin turns to the dark side and the remaining Jedi except Yoda and Obi are killed off.

17. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Anakin was a weak person. Sooner or later he would've given in to the Dark Side. When Yoda says that the Prophecy could've been misread, he refers that it might not be Anakin's destiny to stop him. Or that he might not have been meant to be a Jedi.

18. Shiphunk2

Shiphunk2 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2005
    Well said Darth Mordor....I too, do not like people who steal or copy movies. JediJain's little story about a boy giving it to him sounds kinda fishy to me?! I don't buy it! Im calling to cops....

19. sidious2

sidious2 Jedi Youngling

Aug 22, 2005
    What I guess the laydown is:
    When Anakin turned to the darkside Yoda knew he and Obi- Wan being the only Jedi left had to destroy the sith. Now Yoda knew Obi would have been killed if he took on sidious so yoda did but was he ready? Most likely- Not! He thought maybe he could but the chosen one was the one to put an end to the sith for good and yoda knew it was not him. So in a sense he tried to destroy him but in the end Anakin was the one which yoda didn't relize after he lost the dule

20. jedixesiria

jedixesiria Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 28, 2005
    I don't think that Vador is the only jedi that can kill palps.[face_flag]

21. Darth_Fruit_Fly

Darth_Fruit_Fly Jedi Youngling star 4

May 16, 2005
    I know this is a tad off subject, but can someone explain just HOW the force can be out of balance when you've got a least a hundred Jedi and two Sith?

22. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    That is the defination of Unbalance. 8-}

23. Pronger

Pronger Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2002
    Get a life. ROTS isn't showing everywhere anymore. So what if someone downloaded it to watch until it comes out on DVD?

24. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    The next person who references a bootleg in any way will be banned.

25. DS_Emp_Viper

Sep 30, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.