main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Yoda Stamp Unveiling - Pier 39 - 10/28/07

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Hey, all.

As you may remember, earlier this year the US Postal Service unveiled it's sheet of stamps based on various Star Wars characters/ships. The public was asked to vote on their favorite, and the winner was to get it's own stamp as a sheet.

As you may or not know, Master Yoda was the winner.

This Sunday, Oct. 28 from about 1 - 3 pm, at Pier 39 in San Francisco, the USPS will officially unveil the Yoda stamp, with the help of some characters based on the other stamps, including Darth Vader, stormtroopers, Princess Leia, Queen Amidala, Ben Kenobi, and R2-D2 (some faces may be even more familiar than most. ;)).

The ceremony will take place by the carousel, at the back of the pier facing Alcatraz.

So come on down for some great photo opportunities, nice weather, and some fun! I'd take public transportation, as it is a Sunday, and parking will be pricey.

RSA EDIT: Unlocked. :)

2. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Matt, last I had heard in a correspondence you forwarded me a few weeks ago - it was taking place at the front of the pier. "We will be doing our little ceremony right up front at the entrance to Pier 39, right off the road..."

I was also concerned with making sure that our characters were approved by LFL. I read at the 'other' forum that costumes were still waiting approval from LFL since media will be there. I want to make sure you were in the loop on that and we really are all clear.

- Kathy

3. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    E-mail sent, Kathy.

4. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    GGG pics:

http://www.goldengategarrison.com/gallery/uspsyodadedication07

It was a fun event, despite the fact that I didn't have to be in costume! :D It's rare when Fan Force, the Rebel Legion, and the 501st are together at a pretty high profile event, and a successful one at that! Let's hope it happens more often. [face_praying]

Thanks to Dean, To, Jon, Elton, Bill, Natalia, Kathy, Barry, Bette, and Gerard. =D=

5. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Yes! I'd say it was a very successful event! Thanks again to Matt for coordinating this with the US Post office representative and offering to be Yoda's handler for the day. Thanks to CrazyOldWizard for trekking out all the way from Tulare county with MotherPalpatine to provide the post office with their requested "Obi-Wan". It was fun being able to include Natalia in her red Queen Amidala costume too. We each represented a stamp! Oh, and Gerard was awsome for bringing out his recently completed R2-D2. I think we really had a well rounded Star Wars group for the kids and parents attending the Halloween event at the pier that day.

Hey Lou, I totally didn't hear you when we were in front of Antiquities! I was so tired, I just start to zone out when I'm standing there. Just trying to make sure people didn't get rough with Yoda ;)

Matt - we need to get your photos up too! We can post them at GGG and at SF Fan Force (and at the Rebel Legion site one day.....)

6. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Here are my pics (the first 11 are from GGG):

http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e385/JedHead1/Yoda%20Stamp%20Event%2010-28-07/

7. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    unlocking and bumping

8. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    We are in Bantha Tracks. Thanks Matt for sending this in and getting every club that participated mentioned :)

http://endorbase.org/news/images/yodastamp-bantha.jpg

9. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I keep forgetting to mention... my dad gave me an article on this from some Post Office publication. Would you guys like to have it? I'll try to remember to bring it to the picnic today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.