main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yoda Teetering on the Dark Side Too?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by MASTER_DOODOO, Oct 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MASTER_DOODOO

MASTER_DOODOO Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2005

No. Qey'tek took elements of art of the small, and mixed them with some elements of mu-ju-handisu. But it was more of a midichlorian manipulation than art of the small. Read some back history on it.

2. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    As I said, I was just going by the Wookieepedia entry, I didn't read much of the Clone Wars EU.

3. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    What is your source for this?

4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    They could've done a lot of things differently than what they did.

Only when you're emotions blind you to what's going on, as they did with Mace.

5. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    Such as?

Yet they didn't. It was Mace's new found faith in Anakin that made him not see Vader's betrayal coming.

6. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Anything. Arrest Palpatine instead of killing him. Admit that they're not perfect and seek to understand why their power is failing. Stop doing what the Sith expect of them.

It was also Mace getting upset because Palpatine provoked him into changing is mind.

7. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    The first isn't practical, they admit the second and understand why their power has started to fail(it's the ascendancy of the Dark Side.) They can't stop doing what the Sith expect of them unless they know what the Sith expect, which they don't until after Mace is dead.

I still don't see it in the scene.

8. DARTH-SMELLY-FEET

DARTH-SMELLY-FEET Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2007
    I know what you mean man and i know you're right but come on I've swallowed smaller cars than that. It does make them look preety dumb

9. OBIWAN-JR

OBIWAN-JR Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 25, 2002
    No.
    It makes them look pretty arrogant.

Which they are by that time.

-JR :)

10. DARTH-SMELLY-FEET

Nov 7, 2007
    Being arrogant and being dumb are in most cases the same thing.

11. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    Arrogance is having an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities. It is not plain stupidity.

The Jedi's arrogance blinds them to what could be argued as being obvious, but which due to their own self importance they do not see as being so.

To say that the Jedi are merely stupid also undermines the intelligence of Palpatine, and his ability to use their arrogance to his own ends.

The Jedi problem is a lack of humility, not a lack of intelligence, IMHO.

12. DARTH-SMELLY-FEET

Nov 7, 2007
    I dont disagree with you for the most part. I just think it makes them look as tick as **** I mean he's right there right in front of you. HEY YOU GUYS:)

13. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    [Yoda]The Dark Side clouds everything.[/Yoda] ;)

14. DARTH-SMELLY-FEET

Nov 7, 2007
    Hey you guys the darkside clouds everything:) . So lets sit back and do nothing cause Yoda says so.

15. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    I'm not saying that they do nothing, I was just answering your point about him being right there in front of them.

He may BE right there in front of them, but the dark side is clouding everything, and very specifically, the future. The thing which the Jedi seem insistent on looking to, instead of the moment, as Qui-Gon advocates.

16. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    Yet it wasn't just because the Jedi looked to the future as even Qui-Gon was unable to sense that at that point Senator Palpatine was also Dark Lord of the Sith.

17. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    The first is practical. They just don't do it. The second they don't admit to everyone. It's a dirty secret. Third, they have to consider that every action that they would normally take would be considered suspect. The unexpected is what counts. It's what defeats the Sith. Maul's death, the survival of two Jedi Masters, the Skywalker twins, the exhaust port, Luke's steadfast resolve and the Ewoks were not considered. They were unexpected.

If someone provokes you, you get mad. This is no different if someone called you a name, spit in your face, slapped you, etc. Look at criminals who don't do what a police officer says. The cop gets mad and turns into an agressive person, more so than before then.

Yes, it is the Living Force. Their ability to sense thoughts and feelings in people. They cannot sense the real emotions that are hidden, deep down inside of Palpatine.

18. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    If they try to arrest Palpatine he either resists arrest or he goes and is out on the street in about 3 minutes because of how corrupt the Republic's courts are. The second is hardly a dirty secret, that the Jedi aren't perfect is evident. The third I agree with, but the Jedi have no way of knowing what the Sith are and aren't expecting as they don't know who and where the Sith are until after Mace is dead, where they do the unexpected in resetting the beacon, injuring Vader, and taking the twins.

You do, but Mace doesn't get mad in the scene. Mace blocks the lightning which makes him realize just how powerful Palpatine is which forces him to reconsider arrest.

Yep, which is why even Qui-Gon Jinn would have been unable to see Palpatine for what he was until it was too late.

19. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    The Jedi will hold him in the Temple, which will give them time to talk sense into Anakin. The second is how the people see the Jedi and how they see themselves, save for Yoda.

Yes, but he is also provoked. The fact that he successfully blocked shows that he isn't a big a threat with the Force. Thus he can still be incarcerated. It is emotion behind Mace's actions because he doesn't want to lose to him.

20. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    For the first, we don't know that the Jedi have cells in the Temple, and given that Mace arrests Palpatine in the name of the Galactic Senate and not the name of the Jedi Order I see no reason to assume he'd have been taken to the Jedi Temple.

For the second, Yoda's not the only Jedi who realizes they aren't perfect. Mace admits their ability to use the Force has diminished, Obi-Wan understands that Jocasta is wrong about their archives being infallible, Anakin doubts them at every turn, and Qui-Gon defies the Council in training Anakin among other things.

Mace was struggling to block it and Force Lightning isn't Palpatine's only power, that power had been dealt with, but Palpatine still had numerous other weapons in his arsenal.

21. MASTER_DOODOO

MASTER_DOODOO Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2005

Sorry it took a bit to get back to you. I was traveling yesterday. I asked a friend of mine about this, and he said he had read some Star Wars pamphlets/books on darkside techniques. So that's where I learned it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.