main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yoda Teetering on the Dark Side Too?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by MASTER_DOODOO, Oct 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    As long as Mace doesn't kill Palpatine, I don't think Anakin will complain too much. Anakin needs him alive. He said nothing about in one piece.

2. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    He needs him alive, but removing his hands would limit what he can do with the Force.

3. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    So what would the Jedi have done when he started shooting Sith-fireballs out his arse? Those shields wouldn't stand-up to that kind of intense heat.

4. MASTER_DOODOO

MASTER_DOODOO Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2005

Yah, what's really going to stop Sidious?

5. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    o_O

He's being sarcastic. If his hands are cut off and he's knocked out, before being put in a secured cell, there's nothing Palpatine can do at the moment.

6. MASTER_DOODOO

Mar 15, 2005
    I'm sure MAIMING was not part of the jedi code. That is ridiculous.

7. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    The Jedi code doesn't forbid killing in combat anyway.

8. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    How big is this code anyway? :p

9. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    It depends on the dialogue. :p

10. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Why? A Jedi can maim his or her opponet so long as they don't lose control. Right, somebody should've told Obi-wan when he was severing arms off of the living. Or when Luke cut his father's hand off. Or when Anakin cut off Dooku's hands.

11. Darth_Davi

Darth_Davi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2005
    exactly. The problem isn't in "disarming" their opponents (yes, pun intended) its in the beheading after they can't defend themselves. Anakin didn't give in to the Dark Side by taking off Dooku's hand, he gave in when he beheaded him. Even then, it was only giving in because Dooku was more or less helpless, and completely at his mercy. Had Anakin beheaded him during the actual fight, that would have been okay. Yoda didn't have a problem beheading the clone troopers trying to kill him, either. During a fight, you can hack off anything you can. After the fight is over is when the problem would be. Sidious/Palpatine, even without his lightsaber, is clearly dangerous, as evidenced by the lightning, and not at Mace's complete mercy, as Dooku was at Anakins. Had Mace taken off Sidious's hands because they are dangerous weapons, that would have been perfectly ok, because they ARE dangerous weapons.

12. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    Exactly. However, the question is would that leave Palpatine helpless.

13. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    He wouldn't be able to use a Lightsaber or weild lightning. That's about as helpless you can get, for a Force user. He's not going to shoot fireballs out of his ass. Palpatine is dangerous when it comes to physical battle, but he is also dangerous in what he says and how he says it.

14. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Meh... you guys are forgetting the true power of the darkside.
    With those new dark-side-filled-midichlorianated-turbo-cranial-folds, he's got the Force Head-Butt at his disposal and ICUDK, that is the ultimate power in the universe...

15. MASTER_DOODOO

Mar 15, 2005

The idea of Mace dicing up Palps partially is just absurd. He is fighting the SITH MASTER. It's not like he's going to be able to do what he wants. He either stabs him and ends his life OR he let's him go. "Stick out your hands, Chancellor. I'm going to hack em off." Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. That is so stupid.

16. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    Well clearly he's got going to shoot fireballs out of his ass, I didn't think anyone took that part of SSS's post seriously. However, Sidious's true power and danger is in his words and mastery of manipulation. A trial for him would still be a joke.

Jedi Boot Trick > Force Head-Butt

17. Darth_Drachonus

Darth_Drachonus Jedi Master star 3

Oct 4, 2005
    No, that's the great William Wallace

18. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    No, he'd just swing and cut it off. Simple as that. Maybe if you spent less time on your witty repitore, you'd might be able to understand.

Well, while I know he wasn't being serious, you never know with SSS.

That's not the point of the matter. The point is a) do something Palpatine isn't going to expect and b) knock some sense into Anakin. As well as allow Mace a chance to calm down so he doesn't go off half-cocked and do something foolish again.

19. Master_Starwalker

Sep 20, 2003
    [face_laugh] True.

I know, but the Jedi aren't going to be able to kill Palpatine in a Republic prison.

20. Rossa83

Rossa83 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    Mace only did what every other Jedi would think to do, but possibly be too afraid of the consequences to actually follow through. Mace knew that the lines between light and dark, good and evil had become twisted. He also knew, as he explicitly states in his final scene, that he is too powerful to stand trial. Palpatine is right when he says that he is the senate. In the end, Mace realizes that as well...

And yeah, Sinister and Starwalker, you never know with SSS:D :p

21. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    LOL... love that movie.

So what are you THREE trying to say?
    Don't answer that.
    :p

You are forgetting one little thing MS...
    The boot happened BEFORE the Dark Side of the Force gifted Sidious with his new "dark-side-filled-midichlorianated-turbo-cranial-folds"...

You saw what happened... once he got the "dark-side-filled-midichlorianated-turbo-cranial-folds"... even the Chosen jumped ship, and joined the Sith. Mace GOT pwned by the Sidious' powerful "dark-side-filled-midichlorianated-turbo-cranial-folds"... and the proof is on film. No one can stop us (me myself and Irene) this time...:p

22. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    I'm refering to Palpatine in custody at the Temple, where there would be Jedi to keep tabs on him. Where they probably have the means for keeping a Sith in check.

23. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Wait who says Sidious needs hands to generate the force lightning? For all we know, it's like the force push stuff and the hands are only a theatrical gesture. Palpatine could possibly generate the deadly lightning even with his hands hacked off.

24. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Eh? I doubt that...

Anyway, I would hope the Jedi would have one of those Force-user-proof special force fields on hand for just such an occasion, but you never know...

25. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    Unlikely, I should think. Until recently, they've thought the Sith exinct for a milennium, and the most likely use for such a forcefield would be for somebody to get it and turn it on themselves. Letting that happen would be pretty stupid. Another use would be for rogue or dark Jedi, but they probably think they can take those without such a forcefield, given their advantage in numbers and training.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.