Yoda the Librarian?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by JMaster Luke, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. JMaster Luke Force Ghost

star 4
    I heard this thought years ago but I wanted to bring it out again and see what some might think? Yoda in the OT was always portrayed as a very wise Jedi. He seemed to always have the answers. But in the PT the Jedi are described as being arrogant. Now I know the Dark side clouds the Jedi, but throught the PT the Jedi make a lot of wrong descisions. But the thing that kinda sucks is Yoda is one of the head Jedi Council memembers. So the Jedis downfall kinda reflects on him. This wise 800 year old Jedi could not see a lot of the problems going on.

So how would the idea of making Yoda the librarian/youngly trainer sound. He would still train the young trainies, but he would be in charge of the library? The Young Jedi Council Members (like Mace) would kinda view him as a Jedi past his prime. Almost like he no longer has any use so he just trains the little trainies and watches the library. It would be interesting to have Obi-Wan coming to see Yoda and asking for his advice on matters. A lot of times Yoda would give Obi-Wan the right answers but do to Obi-Wan being young and impatient and thinking highly of himself he would not always listen ("so was I if you remember"-ESB)

Plus Yoda could be giving Obi-Wan advice on how to train Anakin but Obi-Wan (again being young and all) would kinda ignore Yoda's instructions thinking that "i thought I could train him as well as Yoda"-ANH or ROTJ forgot which one.

Anyway I have more to say on this but I have to get going. Let me know what you think so far. But the nice thing is Yoda's wisedom is not affected by the PT but is just ignored by the arrogant Jedi of the time.
  2. Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I always felt that Yoda was not so much ignored but was more or less forced to keep to himself because of what he represented within the Jedi Order. I always get the feeling that what is taken as an act of arrogance on his part it is just him going with flow. Maybe it is because his way of insuring the peace and order with it, because he was often outnumered in oppinion or both. Once in a while though he lets them have it though: like Obi and the whole arrogance line in AOTC.
  3. voodoopuuduu Classic Trilogy Trivia Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Yoda in the OT was always portrayed as a very wise Jedi. He seemed to always have the answers. But in the PT the Jedi are described as being arrogant.
    Thats because in the OT, all he had to deal with was a dumb Luke and a ghost. Not too hard to appear wise in that situation, heh.
  4. Darthbane2007 Force Ghost

star 4
    I guess you can say that, seeing as how at some point over the past hundreds of years, Yoda has or had trained or gave wisdom to thousands of Jedi..
  5. purpilian Jedi Knight

star 2
    After the fall of the Order, I think Yoda wises up a bit and realizes he was stuck in the old ways. In one of the stories it describes him as teaching what was taught during the Golden Age of the Republic. A time of peace and complacency. When the Sith return they are no longer focused enough on their core beliefs, but are comfortable with remaining peace-time monastics. So , yeah the Purge was kinda Yoda's fought but he cant really be held in disdain. He should have stepped down as head of thee Order and advised from the First Knowledge Council and let a younger Council lead into a more milaterized era.
Moderators: Bazinga'd
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.