main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Yoda Theme?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Starless_Knight, May 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starless_Knight

Starless_Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    There was a cool theme when Yoda pulled out his lightsaber and began the fight with Dooku. Where is this on the soundtrack, and if it isn't there, why?

AHBY!

2. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "...and if it isn't there, why?"

That's a VERY good question.

3. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    It's not there. The reason would be space. They decided to do a one disc release of the soundtrack, so this was left off for space reasons. The CD is 78 minutes already.

4. Starless_Knight

May 21, 2002
    But why leave off one of the coolest parts?

5. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Tsk tsk stri, are you *defending* Sony?

6. Rogue_Squad_Leader-

Rogue_Squad_Leader- Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
  7. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    HAHAHHA this is not SONY'S decision!!! This is JOHN WILLIAMS!! He has always done this. Every single one of his soundtrack releases are ONE DISC. They are always hacked up and out of order. He is the producer. He is the one who does this. No matter what record label the album is released on it would be like this.

Only later when the license reverts back to Lucasfilm or whoever and they relicense it to a new record label to be re-released does it get different treatment. Then, usually someone else like Nick Redman or Michael Mattessino produce the re-release and put everything back in order and release two discs.

Sony is not the culprit here for an out of order and incomplete soundtrack. John Williams is. He's done it since long before ANH came out in 1977.

8. DarthBurns

DarthBurns Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2001
    I say we sack John Williams. I mean, what has he ever done for us. [face_plain]

9. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    He's done a lot. Stri's not dissing Williams' music, trust me. John Williams is an amazing composer... Just a really bad producer.

Stri's not dissing John Williams, and you better not be dissing stri! :p

10. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Bingo. I am dissing his ability to produce his CDs. I would never diss his abilities as a composer.

Let me tell you, I used the acticle on jwfan.net to create a version of the soundtrack CD in film order and it rocks!!! It really shows how awesome the original music Williams composed for AOTC really is. Now I will listen to this CD I made until an Ultimate Edition type thing comes out.

11. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    HEY! I want that too! Darn you stri!

All your correct-AOTC-edits are belong to us.

12. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    This is why Sony should release the two disc set in the first place, because soon there will be bootlegs of the complete scores all around the place, especially when the bootleg video is already out. It won't be hard to gather all the musical cues from the movie. For your own profit sake, release a complete and satisfying UE Sony!

13. Jabachile

Jabachile Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Aren't they releasing an ultimate edition with all of the cues from AOTC?

Yeah, I remember the "theme." Isn't it a choir starting out when he whips out the saber?

14. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    You mean Yoda's theme? No, it plays when he's stopping the big cylinder thing from falling on Obi and Anakin.

15. Starless_Knight

May 21, 2002
    You're right, Jabachile, that's the part that i'm talking about. It's got a choir and some cool percussion (I couldn't hear the whole thing because of the losers in the audience laughing at Yoda)

16. vaderlicious

vaderlicious Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2002
    Has anyone else noticed the tiny sample of Yoda's theme played in TPM when Padme covers Anakin with a blanket after they leave Tattooine? It's so subtle and only plays for a few notes, but it's definitely there. I thought that was kind of cool.

17. Starless_Knight

May 21, 2002
    I did notice that! Very briefly, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.